Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A feature that admin can specify the capacity of teams no matter who create the team

I would like to ask a feature that admin can specify the data storing capacity of teams in Microsoft Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Connected User in Teams Desktop Sharing to Input Username/Password at UAC Prompt

It would be beneficial in an office environment using Microsoft Teams in the desktop sharing portion to allow the person for whom the desktop is being shared to be able to type in the credentials at the UAC prompt when trying to install software. As it stands now the desktop will freeze completely when it prompts the sharer for the credentials.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Want to control Teams desktop client setting for each user at once by administrators

I would like you to allow administrators to control user setting at once via Windows PowerShell/registry etc. Specifically, setting options in Profile Picture > Settings > General.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Chat Policy should be Managed by groups not only by user

Chat Policy should be managed by a groud not by user.
    if i have 20 Person who are in a group i want to change the Policy by group and not by 20 person

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. recording

Set recording of all calls/meetings for both desktop / web and APP versions via the Admin rules - this is now required in many industries as standard so recordings cannot be tampered with or stopped

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Move Teams and Office 365 Groups Sharepoint Sites to a spearate Sharepoint Root or allow a hidden prefix in naming

When a Team or Office 365 Group (which a team creates) is created it creates a SharePoint site. The ability to specify the location that these SharePoint Sites are created will reduce or eliminate naming conflicts within SharePoint when using these products.

Another approach would be to add the capability to add a hidden prefix that would remove the potential conflict with SharePoint without cluttering the name of the Team or Group

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Eliminate email notifications

Eliminate email notifications

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let the report exported from Microsoft Teams activity reflect usage of all users, and we need public information about basis of computation

I would like to identify users who don’t start using Teams, so it would be great if I could see the usage of all users. Currently, I cannot get the report of the usage of all users by going Microsoft 365 admin center > Reports > Usage > Microsoft Teams activity.
    If you have difficulty getting us to see the usage of all users, I would like you to provide public information about the basis of computation of reports or how to read the outcome of reports.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow only Global Admin to edit members

I would request to implement a function that only Global Admin can edit team members, and that prohibits team owners from adding or deleting members, same as end users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Manage to start a group chat by admin only

I would request that only admin can manage to create a group chat in Microsoft Teams.

If not, I hope you could provide a function to restrict users from creating a group chat.

For example, admin could manage group chats in admin center like Teams, delete them by PowerShell, and so on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Admin Controls to disable voice/video calling but leave Desktop Sharing enabled

Enhance the admin control to allow desktop sharing while disabling audio and video p2p calling. Control available to 'disable' video icon but no control to disable voice calling icon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatic Logout

It would be good if there was an Admin option, that logged out users when they exited off of the Desktop app, and even a setting where you can set an Inactivity timer, so if left inactive for 2 hours or so it will automatically log the user out, and make them have to log back in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Internal submission of Teams Report a Problem

Allow the native Teams capability of using Help, Report a Problem to support submissions to an internal helpdesk.

Provide an administrative setting that allows an alternate destination of the problem report (Teams/Channel, SharePoint, Email)

Provide a programatic (API) method to call the report problem capability that allows development of different problem descriptions, different and more questions posed and then posts the problem report in the location the developer chooses.
    Key to this is the ability of that API to support the automatic inclusion of logs as the native tool does today.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please make --disable-gpu working

Disable-gpu not working. Now Teams app not starting properly within Citrix Xenapp desktop client of Remote Desktop Services

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams missing from Admin Center

I logged into the Teams & Skype Admin Center and noticed there are Teams I created that are not showing. Specifically there are two teams that were created about two months ago missing. However ones created several months ago and just last week are showing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Either I am not sure where to set it up or it would be nice if when someone pings you to start a chat it would blink or flash the number

This is for Teams - have a notification that when some one is starting a chat or messaging you the number in the tray blinks or flashes. Someway to say hey someone is starting a chat. Just having a number show up I do not notice it all the time....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let us DISABLE EDITING, or set permissions to VIEW ONLY, at least for guests

How is this not possible? If you're using this with a classroom full of kids, how are you supposed to keep them from changing files? If you add a guest to view some of your company's docs, what stops them from changing stuff? Nothing! Are you kidding? This should be a "Day 1" feature :S

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it read in a layout similar to group me to make it easier to see conversations quickly

Make it read in a layout similar to group me to make it easier to see conversations quickly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add custom message to group joing requests

Can we add fields when requesting access?
    I help manage a Teams site and I get a lot of requests for access. Of course, I need to check these requests. When requesting access, please add a field asking "Reason for access request" or "Project role." If they can say why they want access, I can better determine if they should have access to our restricted area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. chat

Owner setting to turn off chat for Team

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base