Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams call quality summary

Hi Team,

Can you please provide the exact resource name to generate a bearer token to execute an API to get the Microsoft Teams Calls summary or Call Quality summary?

I had tried these resource names "https://api.spaces.skype.com/" or "https://teams.microsoft.com" or "https://api.skypeforbusiness.com/" to generate the bearer token to execute the API but every time API return that "Access Denied"

Thanks,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. recording

Set recording of all calls/meetings for both desktop / web and APP versions via the Admin rules - this is now required in many industries as standard so recordings cannot be tampered with or stopped

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Request for a feature to check the service health for the Microsoft Teams client

It would be great if you could implement a feature to check the service availability status for Microsoft Teams client.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Guests added from admin center not appearing

Guests added through the new Teams Admin center were added to the Team, but seem to be very slow to sync to Teams and often do not appear in the Teams client until the client is restarted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Move Teams and Office 365 Groups Sharepoint Sites to a spearate Sharepoint Root or allow a hidden prefix in naming

When a Team or Office 365 Group (which a team creates) is created it creates a SharePoint site. The ability to specify the location that these SharePoint Sites are created will reduce or eliminate naming conflicts within SharePoint when using these products.

Another approach would be to add the capability to add a hidden prefix that would remove the potential conflict with SharePoint without cluttering the name of the Team or Group

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Restrict the usage of Memes in Microsoft Teams

I would like to have a feature that restrict the usage of Memes only in Microsoft Teams. I can control both Memes and Stickers at same time. However, I need to block Memes only as needed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create and issue a teams message from access

It would be great if we can send Teams message from Access using vba code.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow only Global Admin to edit members

I would request to implement a function that only Global Admin can edit team members, and that prohibits team owners from adding or deleting members, same as end users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The Ability to control the displayed name of members

Sometimes the Email Account names are too long or not representative of the person. The ability to change the displayed name will be very useful to create a team environment where everyone is known for a names that is easy to find and search. See attached as illustration.

I hope you take this Idea seriously since we at the Supreme Council for Planning in Oman are trying to use teams as medium of communication but because of this issue we are finding it difficult to use.

Best Regards

Mahmood Al-Wahaibi

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Automatic Logout

It would be good if there was an Admin option, that logged out users when they exited off of the Desktop app, and even a setting where you can set an Inactivity timer, so if left inactive for 2 hours or so it will automatically log the user out, and make them have to log back in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Internal submission of Teams Report a Problem

Allow the native Teams capability of using Help, Report a Problem to support submissions to an internal helpdesk.

Provide an administrative setting that allows an alternate destination of the problem report (Teams/Channel, SharePoint, Email)

Provide a programatic (API) method to call the report problem capability that allows development of different problem descriptions, different and more questions posed and then posts the problem report in the location the developer chooses.
    Key to this is the ability of that API to support the automatic inclusion of logs as the native tool does today.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Delegate control to create Teams

We want to delegate control so our helpdesk can create Teams but there is no easy way of doing that.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Like button issue

Desktop version -
    1. Copy text from message not easy as like button not allowing to copy text
    2. Change font color and size will save eyes

Mobile version.. please introduce dark mode

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. portal.office.com

Inside teams when we add websites. When we added portal.office.com we click on the links and it opens it up in another broswer instead of keeping it inside Teams. Can we please fix that? I am an admin for the portal and i wish it would stay inside teams instead of opening it up from another browser.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Let us DISABLE EDITING, or set permissions to VIEW ONLY, at least for guests

How is this not possible? If you're using this with a classroom full of kids, how are you supposed to keep them from changing files? If you add a guest to view some of your company's docs, what stops them from changing stuff? Nothing! Are you kidding? This should be a "Day 1" feature :S

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sort and group uservoice

uservoice could be so much easier to use.

1. Create categories like on the SP uservoice: https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/

2. When I search, show me the results with the most votes first so that I can add my vote instead of maybe adding a redundant suggestion.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop the chat feature unless someone specifically logs into. I am getting chat messages for meetings I am not even logged into.

Stop the chat feature unless someone specifically logs into. I am getting chat messages for meetings I am not even logged into.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. chat

Owner setting to turn off chat for Team

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need to be able to easily see a list of all Teams as an admin.

I can't be the only person who needs to be able to easily see all the Teams that have been created in our O365 tenant? Similar to SharePoint where you can see all the sites, but I can't for the life of me see a way of doing this. I can run a PS cmdlt to export a list with some details in, but that's not exactly cutting it for us to roll out Teams yet. Need some visuals please! Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Toggle Team and Sharepoint Link on and off

Let us set whether users will see SharePoint or Teams link when they click "Get Link". Right now it looks pretty random which they get. In our use case we wan't to give them SP links only as we have better access control there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base