Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Like button issue

Desktop version -
    1. Copy text from message not easy as like button not allowing to copy text
    2. Change font color and size will save eyes

Mobile version.. please introduce dark mode

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Either I am not sure where to set it up or it would be nice if when someone pings you to start a chat it would blink or flash the number

This is for Teams - have a notification that when some one is starting a chat or messaging you the number in the tray blinks or flashes. Someway to say hey someone is starting a chat. Just having a number show up I do not notice it all the time....

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. portal.office.com

Inside teams when we add websites. When we added portal.office.com we click on the links and it opens it up in another broswer instead of keeping it inside Teams. Can we please fix that? I am an admin for the portal and i wish it would stay inside teams instead of opening it up from another browser.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let us DISABLE EDITING, or set permissions to VIEW ONLY, at least for guests

How is this not possible? If you're using this with a classroom full of kids, how are you supposed to keep them from changing files? If you add a guest to view some of your company's docs, what stops them from changing stuff? Nothing! Are you kidding? This should be a "Day 1" feature :S

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sort and group uservoice

uservoice could be so much easier to use.

1. Create categories like on the SP uservoice: https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/

2. When I search, show me the results with the most votes first so that I can add my vote instead of maybe adding a redundant suggestion.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add both dynamic and static groups to a Team

Now we have the possibility to add a dynamic group to Teams. But in some cases we need both static and dynamic groups in a Team. Say we have a large dynamic group and also would like to add a static group, users that are hard to pinpoint in a advanced rule.
    And also the possibility to restrict a user to be added from a dynamic group, a form of "deny list".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Stop the chat feature unless someone specifically logs into. I am getting chat messages for meetings I am not even logged into.

Stop the chat feature unless someone specifically logs into. I am getting chat messages for meetings I am not even logged into.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. File upload limit

Need admin settings to control the max size of files that can be uploaded on Teams.

This is an issue especially for regulated firms (financial services & government in particular) that require all uploaded content to be captured and archived in context for regulatory compliance.

Given that uploaded files are stored in SharePoint Online, the SPO limit of 15 GB appears to be the max limit currently - which is an issue. Providing a config setting for admins to turn file upload feature on/off along with the ability to define max file size will help more firms adopt Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need to be able to easily see a list of all Teams as an admin.

I can't be the only person who needs to be able to easily see all the Teams that have been created in our O365 tenant? Similar to SharePoint where you can see all the sites, but I can't for the life of me see a way of doing this. I can run a PS cmdlt to export a list with some details in, but that's not exactly cutting it for us to roll out Teams yet. Need some visuals please! Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Toggle Team and Sharepoint Link on and off

Let us set whether users will see SharePoint or Teams link when they click "Get Link". Right now it looks pretty random which they get. In our use case we wan't to give them SP links only as we have better access control there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove Teams Please

Make it easy to revert from Teams back to skype for business
    I foolishly upgraded to teams and now I cant go back to skype for business. Teams is appalling and does not work. I cannot login easily as skype tells me I am now on teams and then Teams tells me I am not on Teams and i have to sign up for free again and again and again ad infinitum. I am the office 365 admin for a small team. It is really hacking me off so much. I was trying to persuade my business to move away…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Loading at startup

I don't want any Microsoft application starting up when the pc boots. How do I make it stop please.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add a function to delete messages (remove from the tab) for admins. Admin should be able to keep the conversation tab clean.

Please add a function to delete messages (remove from the tab) for admins. Admin should be able to keep the conversation tab clean.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Request to implement a function that deletes Meetings history in Teams

We would request you to implement a deleting function for Meetings history in Microsoft Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete Assignments on the left area

There are different kinds of teams.
    Staff, Edu, PLC and All.
    Only in the edu teams you want the assignments button. But for everyone is the assignment button on the left area not nesseray. It is confusing and waste of room.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I wish there was a way to hide all of the activity of what I am doing.

Hide your activity. I hate that it says for example "
    - "Michael Jackson commented, 'Annie are you okay?'"
    - "Taylor Swift deleted 'Kanye West channel'"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. personalize background

I could be neet if it was possible to change background Picture on my team and channels and not only team logo and change colour on my new posts and so on

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Skype for Business + SIP Address Change

Allow admins to change the SIP address associated with a user account. As it stands the SIP address is based off the UPN. I'd like to change it as we have a set login and mandatory username design then a division may run another email and I'd like to have the skype address correspond with it.

Better would be have an alias of a SIP address be searchable for the user but the main address is the UPN.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add instructions on how to install Teams on PC when sending welcome message to new people who are added to a Team

Add instructions on how to install Teams on PC when sending welcome message to new people who are added to a Team. When adding colleagues to a team, there is no indication if they have installed and are using Teams or not, and when they receive the notification they don't know how to get to Teams or how to install it. I have tried to set up Teams with colleagues in other groups but had to give up because they are unable to install it and they don't get the content I post.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Video And Audio Calling Features only for Few Users

We are planning to have POC for Microsoft teams.If I want to enable video calling features only for few users how can I achieve the same.

Currently its getting enable for whole organization. Is there any way we can enable Microsoft teams services(video,Chat,Audio) users specific.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.