Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. settings

I do not see Settings Icon on left down menu like in demo for desktop.
    My icon there is Feedback. So were is Settings?

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams user activity log files should record file downloads

We are trying to roll out Teams at my company, and out Info Security team has found an issue that is stopped that roll out. They found that in the O365 user activity logs for Teams, the "Activity" field does not differentiate between users just accessing files stored in Teams (for example to view them) and when they actually download those files onto their local computers. This is consistent between both the web and client version of Teams.

This is different from how these kinds of events are logged when users interact with files stored in a regular SharePoint doc…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. applocker

Deploying this to the user's profile make administration of the application for AppLocker problematic. Especially if it is self-updating. Any file hash or certificate rules would be subject to change without notice.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams Specific Profile Picture

As a user of Teams, I would like the ability to change the picture I have in Teams without affecting the rest of my Office 365 account. I believe this will help give Teams a more creative (rather than corporate) feel, and potentially increase the rate of adoption. I know in my organization, we have been using Skype, and no one has set their Office 365 picture as their Skype picture.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Webcam Far End Control

We are looking for Far End Control of our Logitech PTZ webcam's and conference cams in Microsoft Teams. Currently this is provided in SfB with a Logitech add on utility.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Powershell modules should be in the Powershell Gallery

Powershell modules should be available in the Powershell Gallery for installation with Install-Module and other management with PSGet. Rather than installed to a custom folder path, requiring an import statement like this...

Import-Module "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Skype for Business Online\Modules\SkypeOnlineConnector\SkypeOnlineConnector.psd1"

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams Logging improvements

Please consider the following logging improvements for the Teams Client (Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android)

1. Common repository for all log types (Debug, Media and Desktop)

2. Application method (menu or button) to collect logs now. The UI element could allow for a selection of the different log types or simply capture all of them. The keyboard shortcut requires educating users and if not used frequently they will forget

3. Provide an option to anonymize the log data

4. Support an ability of the Teams Administrator to request or retrieve the logs.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Record the chat deletion event in the audit log

I want to check from the audit log which one deleted the chat.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fire whoever built the installer.

Seriously an installer that calls an installer to install into the user profile then opens the program full screen. Configuration in a json file that can't be easily be managed at an enterprise level? What the **** is going on in quality control over there?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add an outside person of the team in a channel

We should be able to add someone to only one channel on a teams. Like an outside consultant that doesn't need the files archives afterward and is not in the teams, but an outside ressource for the matter in the channel

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Usage report filter by Team and Channel

I work and manage a support Team that uses Channels to organize support topics. Please build in the ability to measure user activity by channel.

example:
    First tier team has a question about an application and ask in the applications channel for help. Second tier team responds with the answer.

T1 now has a question about account management and they reach out in the account management channel. T2 responds.

How much does John Doe use the Apps Channel vs the Acc Mgmt channel? which topic (channel) has the most questions?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Only admin should be creating teams

Give businesses option to only have Office 365 admin to create Teams. Currently any user can create a team any way they want and my employers want only admin to create teams so that there is a consistent naming structure to team names. Also they don't want users creating teams with private chatting to external users that no one knows about using resources that the company has paid for.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable Open in SharePoint for Specific Users

We are still testing Teams in lieu of releasing it to our Sales and Project teams. However, we would like to stop some users from being able to get to the underlying SharePoint site and restrict them to the Teams interface.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Personal Email Accounts ability to log into teams app

Consultants and or Partners who use gmail internally are unable to collaborate with customers who use Team internally. Resulting in the usage of emails again.

Personal accounts can already be added to a team. Please allow them the ability to log into the application.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams End Date

In order to keep the number of inactive/old/no longer used "teams" from exploding, have a way to set an "end date" for the Team. I wouldn't want to have the end date for the O365 Group (that the Team is based on), since that group may be used for other applications.

Maybe x number of days prior to end date, an email is sent to the Team owner, and then repeat the email for x number of days after the end date.

After a certain number of emails, disable the Team. After a month(s), delete the Team.

Thanks,

Geoff Weatherford

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hability to setup the default site collection on SharePoint

It should be possible to setup where the Teams Sites are being created!
    For the moment its using the default site collection and this is something that in my opinion should be possible to define the site colleciton to use.
    or has an workaround to be able to disable the default "Files" option to avoid the creation of a subsite in a collection that is not intended to be used.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Custom date ranges in the Teams admin reporting tab.

Provide the ability to set a custom date range in the Teams admin portal. You can currently only select the past 7 days or 28 days.

This is not aligned with the O365 Admin portal where I have more date range options.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Usage statistics of my teams

As we have in SharePoints with "site use", it would be great to have measurable information about each team that I'm using or that I'm the owner of. This would help community managers / owners to gather information on their way to encourage adoption and the uses of teams in their respective workgroups.

New business analytics report is a big picture of the organization but not really To have stats directly in their teams would be just great.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. recording

Set recording of all calls/meetings for both desktop / web and APP versions via the Admin rules - this is now required in many industries as standard so recordings cannot be tampered with or stopped

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to delete “this message has been deleted” in Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams デスクトップアプリのチャットからメッセージを削除した際の表示について

Allow deleting “this message has been deleted” message in Teams desk top app

Teams のチャットでメッセージを削除すると、削除した側に "削除されました" とメッセージが表示されるが、すぐにメッセージを消す機能を実装してほしい

Allow deleting “this message has been deleted” message, or, allow hiding deleted message. Most of time, we do not want to see the "This message has been deleted" line showing.

Thank you for your consideration.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 8 10 12 54 55
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base