Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot edit Onenote in Teams anymore

I am no more able to edit Onenote content in Teams. I can view the Onenote page but without the ability to edit. Working on iMac with OS 10.13.2

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There seem to be some Mac compatibility issues, specifically with OneNote

It'd be great, as the Organizer/Leader/Creator of a team, to be able to set up my team's home page appropriately. I work on a Mac and cannot set up a OneNote tab.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Would love to have an easy way to see who is in a given chanel already.

Would love to have an easy way to see who is in a given chanel already.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Open in background

Teams is the only program I use in OS X, that will put itself over top of other windows when it's launched after I switch back to another application. Most of the time I just need teams to run in the background when I use it and this is a big annoyance for me. It reminds me of when I used Windows 2000 as a primary OS. Please fix this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. IPadPro

I want my iPadPro as functional as my laptop PC. My iPad is so much lighter to take with me the whole day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add hyperlinks in Table of Contents in Word for Mac

Table of Contents in Word for Windows allows the user to navigate directly to the location of a given item. On Mac this is not possible, or not directly enabled.
    Please add this feature as it is really helpful and necessary, especially in larger files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. incoming call notification on Mac

The incoming call notification on Mac is not showing in on my screen, it's hidden behind other screes/programs.
    Please fix this or make the notification moveable to a second screen or make sure it's always on top of other screens/progams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Screen sharing on mac shares other screens without showing it

There is big issue with teams on MacOS, for example using MacBook:

1. Schedule meeting

2. Share "Screen 1"

3. Desktop is shared as expected. Red border is shown to presenter to indicate that.

4. Make some application "Full screen". Notice it has no red border indicating that it is being shared.

5. Swipe between desktop and full screen applications

6. Other users in meeting can see both desktop and full screen applications when swiped to them.

However, presenter MAY NOT BE AWARE that he/she shares full screen applications - they don't have red frame around, and it seems that other users would only be seeing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams integration with MacOS

MacOS Teams seems to work very well.

But, from a users' experience point of view, it leaves something to be desired. Its alerts and text inputting are different from most other Mac applications making it, at best, inconsistent.

It would be even better if it integrated with MacOS' notification infrastructure so that alerts don't collide, they act according to a user's desired location, persistance, timing, etc., and don't get buried by other things.

The same comment for text entry (chats, etc.). Please use and leverage the MacOS text input infrastructure so that the experience (spell checking, corrections, etc.) are consistent…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to pin video on Mac version

I need to be able to pin a video of another participant on my screen so it doesn’t move when others speak. I’m a sign language interpreter, so I need to see the deaf client at all times so I can voice for them if they want to participate. It’s an accessibility issue. Currently their video moves off screen and since I can’t see them, they don’t have an equal opportunity to be part of the team. I think pc offers this option already.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to pin video on Mac version

I need to be able to pin a video of another participant on my screen so it doesn’t move when others speak. I’m a sign language interpreter, so I need to see the deaf client at all times so I can voice for them if they want to participate. It’s an accessibility issue. Currently their video moves off screen and since I can’t see them, they don’t have an equal opportunity to be part of the team. I think pc offers this option already.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notification options

Would like more options for notifications e.g badge on Teams icon but no banner.

Also, if a channel within a team has a new message in it, the 'Teams' icon in the side bar could be highlighted but no update in activity feed.

Some way to mute or remove the activity section, and only have badges / icons / highlights on the side bar to show activity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. audio quality for meeting is bad

Our company is moving away from zoom to teams. Your audio quality gets bad when the meeting is stretched for more than an hr. Please improve!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Camera settings to control properties like brightness, contrast and gamma

Due to different ambient light situations, it would be great to control the camera in terms of common properties like brightness, contrast and gamma to improve image quality

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can we again have the old view in tasks, where you do not have to select the subject first, but you can see everything at a glance

Can we again have the old view in tasks, where you do not have to select the subject first, but you can see everything at a glance

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Easier Do Not Disturb & Color Change

Can you please make it easier to turn on do not disturb using the Mac “do not disturb” feature instead of custom notifications under settings on Microsoft teams app? Also could you please make it Possible to change the color of the interface? I just am not a fan of the color purple. Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix Teams installation issue for Teams on Mac Catalina

Unable to download Teams Desktop due to JavaScript error message. Using iOS Catalina.
    Unable to share/see screen from my Mac using Teams web app

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How about the same features as Windows version?

I don't want much - just the same features available in Windows. Blur or replace background on video chat. More than 4 video images on screen during video chat. Other video chat controls.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow disabling of Discrete GPU on MacBook Pro

Teams is the only app on my Mac lighting up the discrete GPU - hence KILLING my battery life. If you won't turn it off for everyone, please allow users a checkbox to disable it themselves.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base