Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. notifications do not display on mac when the app is on a different screen

Macs have the ability to display apps full screen and then switch between those different apps (usually using a 3-finger side-to-side swipe on the touchpad).
    If the Teams app is full screen but is not the app that is on the screen then the notifications don't show up. The only way somebody would know that there have been any notifications would be on the badge in the dock, however if you've got the dock hidden (which I do) one might go a long time without seeing the badge.

Please could you make notifications show up regardless of which full screen…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. large monitor

I'm lucky enough to have a large monitor at work (34inch). If I enlarge the window that teams is running on then it doesn't fill that space very well. The conversation appears in a thin column in the middle of the screen and there are big swathes of nothing off to the sides.

I'm using a Mac but I suspect the same is true on Windows.

For viewing code especially it would be really nice if the conversation filled the full width of the window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This application needs to be able to work well when it's thin. In order to get a view of the conversations I need to glut allot of width.

This application needs to be able to work well when it's thin. In order to get a view of the conversations I need to glut allot of width.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. After a meeting + screensharing, on Mac a full screen Teams app becomes normal sized again.

On Mac, if you click the green expand button on the top left of the Teams window, it puts Teams into it's own screen space. Then, if you hold a video meeting and do screensharing, when the meeting is done the window comes back at unexpanded size.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It is cumbersome to expand

Please implement a mode that displays posts and comments without collapsing all the time in the Mac application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. emoji keyboard shortcuts have stopped working

I used to be able to type a colon and a list of emoji would appear, thus giving me the opportunity to insert an emoji using only the keyboard and not a mouse. I find this really convenient.

For example, I would type

:+

and that would insert the "thumbs-up" emoji.

This (i.e. insert an emoji using keyboard shorcuts) seems to have stopped working. I now have to resort to the mouse in order to insert a emoji, and I really don't want to.

I am using the Teams desktop app on macOS by the way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. open in excel macos

On Windows you can hit the ellipsis on a file in a channel and open it directly in Word, Excel or PowerPoint. On Macos that option is missing and you have to go through the tortuous process of "Open in Word Online", and then when that browser windows has opened, click "Edit in Word". It's a constant daily annoyance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add an Option to stop sending Diag Data when using High $$ links

My MAC is often connected to Internet through a costly satellite connection.
    Sending diag data, even in a 'basic' can easily cost about $100 a month (depending on Office usage...).
    I'd like to have an option to totally disable this data transmission.
    Or at least get some technical detail to adapt a firewall to block it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Screen sharing broken with macOS 10.13.4 2018-001 security update

After installing the 2018-001 security update to macOS 10.13.4, screen sharing in Teams no longer works. A full re-install of macOS 10.13.4 (released prior to the security update) is required to restore screen sharing functionality in Teams. Screen Sharing continues to work in Skype for Business and other applications after the security update, so this does appear to be an issue with the Teams desktop client.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove the "hidden" Window for notifications on Mac OSX

Currently when I click on the Window menu item, there is a permanent option in the list for "Microsoft Teams Notification". I assume if you used MacOSX notifications instead this may not be necessary. Is there some way to remove this otherwise? It doesn't actually do anything when you click on it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. spacebar ≠ download

Why would pressing the spacebar mean I want to download a file? In Finder on Mac, spacebar loads a quick preview of the file, so the Teams use of the spacebar is very odd, unexpected, and not at all useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Making it more collaborative with the app Magnet

I'm using Magnet (a screen split app), but the app doesn't split enough to use it on a standard Macebook 13.3 inch. It says it cannot be smaller, but there is still room left to make the app smaller (on a half screen Macbook)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Would love to have an easy way to see who is in a given chanel already.

Would love to have an easy way to see who is in a given chanel already.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams application auto start on macOS fails

Teams starts and gives up far too soon on the Mac. It should check that the site needed is reachable before failing or fail silently if it's starting as soon as you log in to the Mac.

Whether you have a captive portal or the app starts and fails before WiFi can join a network - teams never fails to show me a "you've had an error" screen when logging in to my mac in the AM.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Open in background

Teams is the only program I use in OS X, that will put itself over top of other windows when it's launched after I switch back to another application. Most of the time I just need teams to run in the background when I use it and this is a big annoyance for me. It reminds me of when I used Windows 2000 as a primary OS. Please fix this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. IPadPro

I want my iPadPro as functional as my laptop PC. My iPad is so much lighter to take with me the whole day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Avatars broken in macOS app

User images (icons, avatars) added to O365 administration console or via the user through their outlook.office.com login show up in the web version of Teams, but are not being seen in the macOS application,Teams Version 1.0.00.26952

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mac client loses all text and images

Recently (since upgrading to High Sierra) I experience that all of a sudden all text and images are gone from the application.
    It still appears to work, you just can't see what you are doing anymore.
    When this happens, I have to close the app (Cmd+Q) and start it up again. Then it normally works for a while until it happens again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. boin.kim@8byte.co.kr

I'm a person who's using "Microsoft teams."

There is some inconvenience in using it, so I hope you can improve the following quickly.

1. The user wants to update the profile picture, but the desktop doesn't have a place to edit the profile picture. So I updated my profile picture on the mobile app. Please allow me to update my profile picture on my desktop.
    2. The user has updated the profile picture, but it is not visible to the other person. (Desktop, mobile app)

I use MAC OS. Please update it quickly. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unintended windows switching when screen sharing on Mac client

Using the Mac client, whenever I'm sharing screen the display keeps jumping back to the team chat window. It's very annoying because I have to go back to whatever window I'm intending to share several times, everytime I try to do this. Please check it out and don't hesitate to contact me, I could provide videos of this behavior or further information about my machine.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Christian Kook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.