Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't quit the Mac client when the user closes the Window

Every time the MacOS client window is closed, the app quits so Notifications are missed - I've never seen this problem in ANY native chat app.

This is a Major usability problem due to missed notifications and untimely responses - we now typically use SMS on our phones as Teams notification are so unreliable, but that's really painful.

This is one of the most basic, standard Mac OS behaviors from from almost the creation of MacOS.

On March 16, 2017 there is a post in UserVoice that claims this issue was resolved and the issue was marked closed.
    The post…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. do not unmute my computer speakers

when joining a meeting, if my computer speakers are muted, please leave them muted, as that's the setting I have configured. Do not override my preferences.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to se the email account I'am logged in with

I would like to se the email account I'am logged in with

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Avatars broken in macOS app

User images (icons, avatars) added to O365 administration console or via the user through their outlook.office.com login show up in the web version of Teams, but are not being seen in the macOS application,Teams Version 1.0.00.26952

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'm getting notices that a "helper" is now available; I'd love to see a description of what is being changed versus just forking over my cre

I keep getting notifications that a Helper is being added to my system and being prompted for admin credentials. It would be nice to get a notice of what the Helper is doing before I authorize a blind update.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. background effects

how works the " show background effects" in team viewer laptop Mac ? cause when you go to more options it doesn't appears that effect option.
    help please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams integration with MacOS

MacOS Teams seems to work very well.

But, from a users' experience point of view, it leaves something to be desired. Its alerts and text inputting are different from most other Mac applications making it, at best, inconsistent.

It would be even better if it integrated with MacOS' notification infrastructure so that alerts don't collide, they act according to a user's desired location, persistance, timing, etc., and don't get buried by other things.

The same comment for text entry (chats, etc.). Please use and leverage the MacOS text input infrastructure so that the experience (spell checking, corrections, etc.) are consistent…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. iPad share

when doing MS team Meeting with the iMac or macbook, the participant would be able to share screen of the apps on their iPad or even use the whiteboard function on the iPad.
    the current MS teams on mac or even windows platform does not allow for such function.
    it's either we start our MS team meeting on an iPad to show the apps.. OR use the MS teams on the mac but limited to the share function it's integrated with.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Share Teams window in MacOS

Sharing the screen is great. Sharing a window is sometimes a better way to focus on a specific thing you want to show to people. Sharing the Teams window is sometimes a great way to teach people about teams or to show files or other pages in Teams to other people.

When you start sharing a window on MacOS, the Teams window is minimised. That is great except if you are sharing the Teams window itself. Then the sharing is lost in some kind of limbo.

Please change it so that the window only minimises if the window selected for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Request for new update Logitech Groups

Our Logitech Group systems stoped working a few days ago.
    Freezing the client for 1,5 minutes when connecting the USB cable.
    Removing Teams setting the in ~/Library/ does not help.
    Reinstalling an older version of Teams helps.
    Hard to say if this is a Mac OS update issue och Teams Update issue.
    But, the problem exist with several Mac OS versions ex: Mojave and Catalina with the latest version of Teams for Mac:
    Now running on older as a workaround.

Se my post here at the Logitech site:
    https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360037571873-Logitech-Group-crashes-Microsoft-Teams-on-Mac?page=1#communitycomment360009581754

Also, is there a better place to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open application in background for Mac

In Windows..Settings..Application, there is a setting to "Open Application in Background" I would like this on the MacOS version. When Teams opens it interrupts any application that I am working on.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Run Teams in the macOS menu bar (even when closing)

Applications like Teams or Skype for Business that normally run in the background, should be placed/run in the macOS menu bar, even the app gets closed (e.g. with ⌘+Q).

Please make it run in the macOS menu bar.

That's by the way the same with the Windows versions, where this is already the case where the Apps are still running in the Systray even their window was closed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bundle identifier ID of MS Teams for Chrome on MAC

When trying to set the MS Teams app as default handler for opening and calling of tel-Links on Chrome for MAC, then as default is set the app Microsoft Teams Helper, instead of MS Teams, because both applications have the same bundle identifier ID: com.microsoft.teams.
    Microsoft Teams Helper should have another bundle identifier ID, so that it is different from MS Teams, so that Chrome can connect correctly to MS Teams.
    Please check the attachment for comparison.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. stop asking me to download your malware or upgrade to your non-performant cloud services

0/5 stars

don't give a $#!+ about your app, ok? your "app" is an os shim, wrapped around an electron app, which loads the same web app that runs in any "supported" browser. and y'all wonder why performance, and system resource utilization sucks?

you might be fooling the n00bs, but not anyone who is familiar with your bull$#!+.

and seriously ... does the teams really need to communicate with 2-dozen-plus hosts, multiple times a minute? i think not.

also, if one does not have OneDrive service, stop asking about that $#!+, as well. it's bad enough my company wastes operating…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Planner for Teams permissions management

Hi, can you please advise? We are trying to use Microsoft Planner with Teams for Mac app, but there are no permissions restrictions in task management, so anyone from the team can have non-restricted access to assigned tasks, that is very frustrating and not safe for business and project management. When this feature will be implemented? Thx

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. teams documents URL are not recognized by teams app for mac.

teams documents URL are not recognized by teams app for mac. They should be. If you click them, they take you to a page which says "Safari is not compatible, install app"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. large monitor

I'm lucky enough to have a large monitor at work (34inch). If I enlarge the window that teams is running on then it doesn't fill that space very well. The conversation appears in a thin column in the middle of the screen and there are big swathes of nothing off to the sides.

I'm using a Mac but I suspect the same is true on Windows.

For viewing code especially it would be really nice if the conversation filled the full width of the window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Clean up Mac window controls.

The window controls on the Mac should be cleaned up, they are awkwardly shoved in the corner. When using a full height window title bar they should be centered and moved in, i.e. Safari. Or the sidebar could be extended up. See attached.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base