Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On mac os and android, user status does not update quickly or consistently

On mac os and android, user status does not update quickly or consistently

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When using the iPad with split keyboard, you can’t click the send button

I use the split keyboard on an iPad. When I try to use teams conversations, the little button to ‘send’ disappears behind the keyboard and so does the text window btw. I must change to the docked keyboard in order to send. Please fix!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Avatars broken in macOS app

User images (icons, avatars) added to O365 administration console or via the user through their outlook.office.com login show up in the web version of Teams, but are not being seen in the macOS application,Teams Version 1.0.00.26952

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to opt out of notification on macbook pro

Option to opt out of notification on macbook pro

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mac client loses all text and images

Recently (since upgrading to High Sierra) I experience that all of a sudden all text and images are gone from the application.
    It still appears to work, you just can't see what you are doing anymore.
    When this happens, I have to close the app (Cmd+Q) and start it up again. Then it normally works for a while until it happens again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Presence/Status doesn't show 'Online' until activating the macOS app

Often, the Teams app on macOS will show me as 'Away' after 3 mins of inactivity in the app, even though I'm still working on my computer. Doesn't realise that just because it's not the active window, that it doesn't mean I'm gone.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shortcuts interfere with OSX bound shortcuts

The Alt-E button in The Netherlands is standard bound to a "´" symbol, therefor in a message-inputfield you can't use that button to jump to the "find person/team" field because it will then type that character.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Strike-through text

Please allow the option to have strike-through text in the desktop client for Teams on the Mac.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I'm getting notices that a "helper" is now available; I'd love to see a description of what is being changed versus just forking over my cre

I keep getting notifications that a Helper is being added to my system and being prompted for admin credentials. It would be nice to get a notice of what the Helper is doing before I authorize a blind update.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mac: Please include an audio input/output/video device option for "System Default"

Currently in Teams calls (same on SfB Mac actually) when I go to chose which audio device to use, I am not presented with a choice of "System Default".

Every other VOIP program on the Mac (personal skype, google hangouts, facebook) has this option which allows you to control your device from one spot and have it used in all your clients.

Can we please add this option .... cross OS would be ideal, if it's possible in Windows too.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please remove the automatic minimize feature on the Mac version

Please remove the automatic minimize feature on the Mac version. Very annoying. Happens when the app hasn't been accessed in a certain amount of time but we still need it to remain open.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams link will not resolve on Mac

I have Teams installed on my Mac.  I coworker sent me a link to a file on a Teams site. When I click on the email link it launches a web browser window that encourages me to install the client version of Teams - which I am already using. There is no way I know to resolve the link - very frustrating.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add hyperlinks in Table of Contents in Word for Mac

Table of Contents in Word for Windows allows the user to navigate directly to the location of a given item. On Mac this is not possible, or not directly enabled.
    Please add this feature as it is really helpful and necessary, especially in larger files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Teams for Mac available in App Store/VPP

I love that OneNote is available in the Mac App Store, and it'd be great if Teams were too since it's also free. Deploying, updating and generally managing VPP apps is much simpler than having to package manually etc. This would make deploying Teams to our Mac departments much easier.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add desktop notification for Mac Client

It just helps not to miss any updates/conversations

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mac OS Open App at Login

Mac OS Open Teams at Login
    Normally in Mac OS (currently Sierra 10.12.4), applications can be added to items to open at login (System Preferences>Users & Groups>Login Items). We have noticed that Microsoft Teams does not open after login when this is configured. Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions would be appreciated. Thanks!

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Outlook (Mac) and Teams better integration

Hi,
    Outlook for Mac and Teams are not working together regarding attachments or mail publication:
    - For attachments: it could be great, from a mail with attachements, to have a quick and easy way to publish the attachment into a channel (with a comment). Today, to do that, I need to save the attachment to my Mac and then upload it to Teams...
    - For emails: I know that it is possible to send a mail to a channel but it could be better to have a "publish to teams" action in the email ribbon that act as a way…

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. macOS - Login credentials get asked about every hour

Why are login credentials not saved. Desktop applications logs out about once every hour. I am using teams or Mac version 0.7.00.40. Shouldn't it stay logged all the time?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. double click title

Please set your OS X desktop app to follow the system preference for double clicking the title bar. Very annoying when you have this set to minimize apps, and this one app maximizes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams interrupts active window

When Teams runs in the background it randomly becomes active. e.g.: I have Teams open and I'm writing in word document. Suddenly while typing teams is active and my input goes into teams not into word anymore.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base