Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Just suck less

Don't crash or randomly log people out. If you do either of those WARN THE USER instead of failing silently you f-ing M$ morons.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Mac logs `.log` instead of `.txt`

The logs for Microsoft Teams are currently .txt or .blog, please change these to use the Apple standard log file format: .log OR make it use unified logging. (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/os/logging)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. teams documents URL are not recognized by teams app for mac.

teams documents URL are not recognized by teams app for mac. They should be. If you click them, they take you to a page which says "Safari is not compatible, install app"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. large monitor

I'm lucky enough to have a large monitor at work (34inch). If I enlarge the window that teams is running on then it doesn't fill that space very well. The conversation appears in a thin column in the middle of the screen and there are big swathes of nothing off to the sides.

I'm using a Mac but I suspect the same is true on Windows.

For viewing code especially it would be really nice if the conversation filled the full width of the window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. This application needs to be able to work well when it's thin. In order to get a view of the conversations I need to glut allot of width.

This application needs to be able to work well when it's thin. In order to get a view of the conversations I need to glut allot of width.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make it automatically restart if updating on OSX

The app will update multiple times per day, which is fine I guess. My issue is that this causes the app to close, requiring manual reopening. This makes it useless as a chat app, and is what keeps us using slack for that function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams client Mac asks way too often for two-factor (MS Authenticator) even when Macbook lid is closed

When my closed Macbook comes close to a new wifi, my MS Authenticator asks for "approval" on my Apple Watch. First it was confusing why someone tried to access my account until I realised that it was the Mac Teams client that tried to connect. Need teams to better handle authentication towards Office365 with two-factor authentication enabled.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MAC cannot handle Teams and other MS office applications open at once

Teams video calls are fine on Macs providing no other MS office apps are open. When ppoint, excel or outlook open the video call quality is very unreliable and the Mac struggles to perform. I have to shut down all MS office apps if I'm having a call on MS teams. Which of course makes my calls ineffective in terms of sharing screens and work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams for Mac OS: allow for a (new) main window to be opened/created

The current Microsoft Teams has its main window disappear on me at least daily (and I'm not sure why that happens). The only way to get it back is to quit Teams and re-launch it.

Having a way to "File - New - Main Window" would be fabulous (short of figuring out why that main window goes away of course). This "Main window" exists for Outlook already.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set availability to Away when the computer is locked (Mac)

Please add functionality to the Mac client to automatically set the status to Away when the computer is locked (Shift+Command+Q). It should then automatically switch back to Available when the computer is unlocked.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ability to see who is speaking now in a call conference, it's aint that clear.

on Teams call conference it's not that clear who is speaking.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams on Mac doesn't respect window hiding

If the teams window is hidden on Mac (via cmd+h or by opt clicking on another window while the teams window is active) notifications will cause the window to become unhidden.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mac services menu support

When I make a selection in messages and right click I see only "Copy" item. It's missing MacOS "Services" item where I can push selection to my Automator scripts or default MacOS apps. This is an OS essential which is missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. javascript error occurred in the main process

Problem with teams on osx 10.13.6 when installing teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After a meeting + screensharing, on Mac a full screen Teams app becomes normal sized again.

On Mac, if you click the green expand button on the top left of the Teams window, it puts Teams into it's own screen space. Then, if you hold a video meeting and do screensharing, when the meeting is done the window comes back at unexpanded size.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It is cumbersome to expand

Please implement a mode that displays posts and comments without collapsing all the time in the Mac application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. emoji keyboard shortcuts have stopped working

I used to be able to type a colon and a list of emoji would appear, thus giving me the opportunity to insert an emoji using only the keyboard and not a mouse. I find this really convenient.

For example, I would type

:+

and that would insert the "thumbs-up" emoji.

This (i.e. insert an emoji using keyboard shorcuts) seems to have stopped working. I now have to resort to the mouse in order to insert a emoji, and I really don't want to.

I am using the Teams desktop app on macOS by the way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. open in excel macos

On Windows you can hit the ellipsis on a file in a channel and open it directly in Word, Excel or PowerPoint. On Macos that option is missing and you have to go through the tortuous process of "Open in Word Online", and then when that browser windows has opened, click "Edit in Word". It's a constant daily annoyance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add external team members

Currently you can't add external team members to Teams on a Mac.....of if you can it is so unintuitive that I can't find it. Please make it easy to add external people into your team.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add an Option to stop sending Diag Data when using High $$ links

My MAC is often connected to Internet through a costly satellite connection.
    Sending diag data, even in a 'basic' can easily cost about $100 a month (depending on Office usage...).
    I'd like to have an option to totally disable this data transmission.
    Or at least get some technical detail to adapt a firewall to block it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base