Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. option to change the actual font being used in MS Teams App on Mac Book

option to change the actual font being used in MS Teams App on Mac Book -

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When adding a contact to favourites on Mac, focus the cursor automatically in the user search field. Please!

Focus the cursor on the user search dialogue when adding a member to favourites for calls and chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. It causes very high heat and constant fan churn and noise on my mac. Really annoying. iPhone seems to be ok

There is this process called teams helper on Mac that really eats up about 50% of the CPU, causes overheating, battery drain and not to mention annoying fan sound. I have heard about the same problem from
    Other Mac users as well. Extremely annoying. If this is not fixed, I will ask our IT team to change to some other app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sharing In-Built Audio on Mac OS

Hi Teams,

I am Music teacher using teams on Mac OS and can't share my in-built Audio with pupils which a real problem when remotely teaching GCSE and A Level lessons - can you please add a feature to enable me to do this.

Tim

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. background effects

how works the " show background effects" in team viewer laptop Mac ? cause when you go to more options it doesn't appears that effect option.
    help please

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. incoming call notification on Mac

The incoming call notification on Mac is not showing in on my screen, it's hidden behind other screes/programs.
    Please fix this or make the notification moveable to a second screen or make sure it's always on top of other screens/progams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Multiple organizations for Teams on Mac

I have two organizations for my account one I am in as external user, all my colleagues that have windows can switch between organizations.

On Mac, I can only see my domain organization also, chat not working with external users if I initiate the chat if another organization user start it I can see and chat now

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Screen sharing on mac shares other screens without showing it

There is big issue with teams on MacOS, for example using MacBook:

1. Schedule meeting

2. Share "Screen 1"

3. Desktop is shared as expected. Red border is shown to presenter to indicate that.

4. Make some application "Full screen". Notice it has no red border indicating that it is being shared.

5. Swipe between desktop and full screen applications

6. Other users in meeting can see both desktop and full screen applications when swiped to them.

However, presenter MAY NOT BE AWARE that he/she shares full screen applications - they don't have red frame around, and it seems that other users would only be seeing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please use the built in notifications from macOS instead of custom ones

The custom notifications are easy to miss and don't show up in Notification Center where all other notifications are...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams integration with MacOS

MacOS Teams seems to work very well.

But, from a users' experience point of view, it leaves something to be desired. Its alerts and text inputting are different from most other Mac applications making it, at best, inconsistent.

It would be even better if it integrated with MacOS' notification infrastructure so that alerts don't collide, they act according to a user's desired location, persistance, timing, etc., and don't get buried by other things.

The same comment for text entry (chats, etc.). Please use and leverage the MacOS text input infrastructure so that the experience (spell checking, corrections, etc.) are consistent…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. remote control Mac

Please allow for remote control of a Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to pin video on Mac version

I need to be able to pin a video of another participant on my screen so it doesn’t move when others speak. I’m a sign language interpreter, so I need to see the deaf client at all times so I can voice for them if they want to participate. It’s an accessibility issue. Currently their video moves off screen and since I can’t see them, they don’t have an equal opportunity to be part of the team. I think pc offers this option already.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to pin video on Mac version

I need to be able to pin a video of another participant on my screen so it doesn’t move when others speak. I’m a sign language interpreter, so I need to see the deaf client at all times so I can voice for them if they want to participate. It’s an accessibility issue. Currently their video moves off screen and since I can’t see them, they don’t have an equal opportunity to be part of the team. I think pc offers this option already.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notification options

Would like more options for notifications e.g badge on Teams icon but no banner.

Also, if a channel within a team has a new message in it, the 'Teams' icon in the side bar could be highlighted but no update in activity feed.

Some way to mute or remove the activity section, and only have badges / icons / highlights on the side bar to show activity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. iPad share

when doing MS team Meeting with the iMac or macbook, the participant would be able to share screen of the apps on their iPad or even use the whiteboard function on the iPad.
    the current MS teams on mac or even windows platform does not allow for such function.
    it's either we start our MS team meeting on an iPad to show the apps.. OR use the MS teams on the mac but limited to the share function it's integrated with.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. They should understand when we praise them!!!

They should understand when we praise them!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. macOS: Synchronize Teams status with native Do Not Disturb status

If my Teams status is Do Not Disturb then that should toggle my macOS Do Not Disturb. Therefore, when I'm presenting my screen and Teams automatically change my status to Presenting/Do Not Disturb then all of my notifications are suppressed.

This corresponds with the request to move Teams notifications into the native macOS notifications to further integrate with Mac's Do Not Disturb features:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16941685-integrate-with-macos-notifications

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)