Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support "€" symbol in Mac application

The "€" symbol doesn't work on the Mac application.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Easily switch between tenancies in Teams for Mac

Please allow easy switch between tenancies on Teams for Mac.

At the moment, I need to log out of my work Teams account, then log back in using my college Teams account.
    (On iPhone and iPad, is it easy to seamlessly switch between accounts, but on Mac it does not exist)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MacOS: support keyboard TEXT shortcuts (System Preferences→Keyboard→Text)

MacOS: support keyboard TEXT shortcuts (System Preferences→Keyboard→Text)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make keybinds consistent

On the mac version of of teams, if you do CMD+Shift+V in channels, you paste from your clipboard in plain text.

When you do it in i private chat however it starts a call. This is very frustrating, since I'm afraid of using keybinds in teams now as they are context sensitive.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mac app terminates automatically and continuously nags about admin permissions for updates

The Mac OS X Client is a horrible app.
    It keeps terminating automatically without any notification and it simply switches me offline even when I want to stay online and available for my colleagues. I can not figure out why or when the client terminates.
    Moreover, the Team Helper App update keeps bothering me several times a day that it needs admin permission to update something.

Thats not the way how client applications should work these days.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Regarding the User Experience on Teams

To the Microsoft Teams development team,

Thank you for taking the time to read through these suggestions, and I am glad to be able to post my thoughts here in order to help create a better user experience. As a student, my experience using Microsoft Teams (specifically for Mac) has been mostly good. The app is very stable, and it runs well without using too much power. The functionality of having multiple office apps built in, with smooth integration with my One Drive makes using a single app for all my tasks a breeze.

However, I do have a few…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There's no option to mute only Teams audio without turning off your actual audio on MacOS!!

It's crazy that there isn't an option to turn off meeting audio and listen to other audio from other websites while in a meeting... All audio options make me mute the device's volume. There's an option for this on iPad, but no option on macOS. Please help soon. I want to be able to toggle meeting audio on/off.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alias for contact

I can give my contact in Jabber a different display name that is easier for me to remember. But I couldn't do the same thing in Microsoft Team. I'd like to see this functionality added.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. iWork document compatibility

Unless I'm missing something, I can't upload iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) files into Teams. The upload process reveals the contents of the container, rather than presenting the file itself. e.g. My Cool Presentation becomes a bunch of independent files,

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. notifications do not display on mac when the app is on a different screen

Macs have the ability to display apps full screen and then switch between those different apps (usually using a 3-finger side-to-side swipe on the touchpad).
    If the Teams app is full screen but is not the app that is on the screen then the notifications don't show up. The only way somebody would know that there have been any notifications would be on the badge in the dock, however if you've got the dock hidden (which I do) one might go a long time without seeing the badge.

Please could you make notifications show up regardless of which full screen…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. On mac os and android, user status does not update quickly or consistently

On mac os and android, user status does not update quickly or consistently

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support the apostrophe key on a Mac in spell checking

The current version doesn't seem to understand the ' key when doing spell checking. If I type the word "shouldn't" Teams marks "should'" as a spelling mistake. When I choose to correct this to "shouldn't" I end up with the word "shouldn't't". The same thing happens with doesn't and other words with ' in them.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable sharing system sounds during screen sharing for iOS

When using an iPad and screen sharing, system sounds isn’t available. We have to have a team member on windows share the video.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Por favor incluyan la función de "compartir audio" en Teams para Mac.

Por favor incluyan la función de "compartir audio" en Teams para Mac. Es muy importante para mí y para mis estudiantes. Y lamentablemente en las condiciones actuales no puedo cambiar de dispositivo.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please let non-administrator mac OS users install MS Teams client app without administrator access.

Installing MS Teams app doesn't let users into their non-admin user account in mac OS Mojave v10.14.6 in a shared 2012 13.3" MacBook Pro. It lets them install for all accounts, but that requires administrator account. This is for a client who is an invited guest for others' online real-time meetings in Firefox web browser. Zoom and others let him do this nicely. Why can't MS Team do the same?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. background effects

how works the " show background effects" in team viewer laptop Mac ? cause when you go to more options it doesn't appears that effect option.
    help please

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Replying to a message in Teams for Mac users

As a Macbook user, I want to have the ability to reply back to a message (starting a thread), so that I can reply aptly to a particular message.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix Dragging Screenshot Preview Window to Drop onto Chat or Channel

On macOS 10.14 or later, when you take a screenshot with any keyboard shortcut, you get a preview window like in the attachment right above the dock near the Trash.

You can't drag the screenshot preview window and drop it into Teams like you can for...any other app like Outlook.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to open Teams Window

Mac - there is no way to open the Teams Window if accidently closed. Typically on most MAC programs you can open a base window for the App you are in from the file or window menu.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base