Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams on Mac doesn't respect window hiding

If the teams window is hidden on Mac (via cmd+h or by opt clicking on another window while the teams window is active) notifications will cause the window to become unhidden.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams Meeting Causes My New MacBook Pro to Overheat

Only when I use Teams Meeting (not Live Event), my Macbook Pro runs very hot and forces the internal fans to run at maximum. This happens whether I'm connected with 1 other person or many. The only way to fix this is to minimize the window and I get a thumbnail size image of just the active speaker. Then, the Macbook stays cools and the fans run minimally. This just started happening with the latest major update of Teams. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the problem persists. My Macbook is dual boot, so I'm able to check…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Selecting Contact Group as attendee for a Team Meeting

Team Meetings does not allow to send meeting invite to a contact group. I have about 120 members and have to schedule meetings every day under different channels for separate set of people from this 120. Grouping the contact is of No help as Teams meeting does not allow to select contact group.
    Copy pasting the member list also does not work.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Not working on slow internet connection

The Teams app and workflow is really great, but you constantly get slowed down or even knocked out when you're on a slow internet connection (even 450 Kbit/s is not enough).

Every couple of minutes, Teams shows "Please reconnect so we can keep your conversations going." even tough the connection is stable - but slow.
    After some time, it suggests to reload the app, which takes ages. So it's not usable at all, which is very sad, considering how great it is.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Dock options like changing status

Would be helpful to have some actions when right clicking the Dock icon, ie at least change our status (available, busy, etc), set the status message.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Open application in background for Mac

In Windows..Settings..Application, there is a setting to "Open Application in Background" I would like this on the MacOS version. When Teams opens it interrupts any application that I am working on.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mac: While Sharing Screen, allow interaction with Mac's Top Menu Bar

This is less on an idea and more of just an issue: I was sharing my entire screen yesterday, had unpinned Microsoft Team's screen shot menu, and wanted to access some menu items in another application. But every time I moved my cursor to the Apple Menu area, the menu for Teams appeared. I had to stop sharing in order to access the menu items for that application (then reshare again to continue demoing). Please allow me to interact with the normal Mac Menu Bar while sharing my screen with Teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Edit PowerPoint using Office Apps not just edit Online Powerpoint in MS Team apps

Currently, MS teams app allows you to edit powerpoint using the Edit Powerpoint Online option. We have many people using Team in their MAC PC.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. sound output mac

Video call sound comes out of standard speakers, and no way to change to what the system is configured for, like external speakers.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams link will not resolve on Mac

I have Teams installed on my Mac.  I coworker sent me a link to a file on a Teams site. When I click on the email link it launches a web browser window that encourages me to install the client version of Teams - which I am already using. There is no way I know to resolve the link - very frustrating.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. double click title

Please set your OS X desktop app to follow the system preference for double clicking the title bar. Very annoying when you have this set to minimize apps, and this one app maximizes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cannot Link to Existing Channel File

On the mac app I created a file in a channel successfully. When I am on the Conversation screen and attempt to add that file to my conversation by linking it from the existing team channel, I get an error saying "upload failed". Happens every time in any channel.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notifications are blank on MacOS

On macOS Catalina Teams notifications show up as a blank white rectangle and video freezes until you mouse-over the notification.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Virtual Background for MACS

Blurred or virtual background for MACS

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sandboxed macOS app

Please, make the macOS app sandboxed and distribute over Mac App Store. I don't understand why do I need to enter my sudo password when installing Microsoft Teams.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. macOS teams client needs to support Conditional Access where we can block fat client but allow web only Teams

Teams for MacOS client needs to support Conditional Access where we can block fat client but allow web only Teams access. Organizations that decide to block all local data due to industry regulations and compliance need this and often the executives are the most popular group to use MacOS devices

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. ability to see who is speaking now in a call conference, it's aint that clear.

on Teams call conference it's not that clear who is speaking.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix blurry font rendering on Mac

The font rendering in Mac Teams is different from other mac apps and makes it difficult to read text, especially if working with a lower resolution external screen.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please make it possible to zoom in on the Mac client

Most other Mac tools allow the user to Command+/Command- to zoom in on the screen. The fonts are really small for these old eyes of mine.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Presence/Status doesn't show 'Online' until activating the macOS app

Often, the Teams app on macOS will show me as 'Away' after 3 mins of inactivity in the app, even though I'm still working on my computer. Doesn't realise that just because it's not the active window, that it doesn't mean I'm gone.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base