Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Teams Compatible with the Apple M1 Processor

II can download the app, but can’t launch it. There is not an option to run the app in Rosetta mode.

370 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

115 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for M1 Macs

Hello team.
    Macs with M1 (Apple Silicon) chip are getting more and more popular. Therefore I think it’s really important to have support for ARM on Microsoft Teams, because emulating with Rosetta2 gives some issues. Please consider creating an Universal App or a standalone ARM version of Microsoft Teams for M1 Macs.
    Thanks.
    Rúben Garrido

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications on Mac should use the MacOS system notifications

I am sure this is not the first time that you hear about this request..

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow using Teams Add-in in MS Outlook for MAC without Microsoft 365 or Office 365 client subscription

It would be great if we can use Teams Add-in in MS Outlook for MAC without Microsoft 365 or Office 365 client subscription like in Windows, where MS Office Pro and any Teams license are enough for Add-in working.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Don't minimise Teams when screen sharing a different screen (multi-screen setup)

Currently when you share a screen the primary Microsoft Teams window is minimised (down into the dock on Macs). When this occurs you can no longer see the video feeds of the meeting participants, chats, virtual whiteboard, etc.

I have a 3-screen setup. When I share a screen that the primary Microsoft Teams window is not present on the application should not automatically minimise the primary Microsoft Teams window.

Presumably minimising the window was seen as a usability enhancement or to avoid sharing the video feed as part of the screen share, however for multi-screen environments this is unnecessary.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams Meeting Causes My New MacBook Pro to Overheat

Only when I use Teams Meeting (not Live Event), my Macbook Pro runs very hot and forces the internal fans to run at maximum. This happens whether I'm connected with 1 other person or many. The only way to fix this is to minimize the window and I get a thumbnail size image of just the active speaker. Then, the Macbook stays cools and the fans run minimally. This just started happening with the latest major update of Teams. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the problem persists. My Macbook is dual boot, so I'm able to check…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Skins With Minor Differences

Restructured the post, going to just add any minor variations that are found.

Classic Stormcrows
    Classic Black Stormraven Classic Black Stormcrow
    Originally, we thought there was only one black stormcrow skin. In truth, we discovered there were small variations! Those using the "stormcrowskin" model have darker feathers and simplified animations, while those using "stormcrowdruidskin" are the original Night Elf druid flight form!
    --Discovered by Lemilia Luna
    Animated Example - https://gfycat.com/coarsefantasticarrowworm

Eagles
    Light Brown Eagle
    ImageImage
    Pictured on the left is Spitefeather, a spawned NPC with a few slight differences from the other Light Brown Eagle models. All other Light Brown…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow AirPods to mute/un-mute the audio

AirPods allow you to start/stop audio by clicking on the base of the airpod. It would be nice for Teams to consume this signal and allow the audio to be muted/un-muted.

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow me to pin someone else's video full screen even when somebody is presenting.

I used to be able to pin someone's video full screen even when somebody was presenting. Now I no longer have that ability. Could you add it back?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Spaces and command-tab on Mac

Currently, if you are using Spaces on Mac (virtual desktops), issuing a command-tab key command and selecting Teams does not bring forward the desktop on which the main Teams app is displayed. This is normal behavior in most, if not all other apps. I suspect this is caused by the ever-present Microsoft Teams Notification window, which is displayed in the Window menu.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. macOS notification center

It would be extremely helpful if Microsoft Teams would integrate with macOS Catalina's Notification Center. Currently, Teams only provides a small pop up notification and if you are using 2 or more displays, you can easily miss these notifications.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. OLM to MBOX Converter for Mac

OLM to MBOX Converter for Mac OS restores all emails, contacts, calendars and other data from Outlook for Mac (OLM file) and export to MBOX files. Further, you can import all mbox files emails and all other data into Mac Mail App, Thunderbird and other mbox file supported email clients for mac or windows.

This OLM File converter can convert Outlook OLM file to more email and text files formats like PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MHTML, PDF, etc. You can also use this tool to import emails from the Outlook olm file into Office 365 & Gmail/G Suite.

Learn…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Do not steal focus of other applications when initializing

When Teams is closed and we first open it, it shows the "Loading Microsoft Teams" screen (attached is a screenshot of this screen). If we go to another application while Teams is initiating, when it finishes it "steals" the focus of the app we where working on, and moves it to the Teams window.

This is annoying because we may be typing on another application, and Teams suddenly becomes the active window.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix the issue that selecting teams on OSX with CMD TAB selects the notification window

When CMD TAB task switching on OSX the default window selected is a hidden notification window. This means that whenever switching to teams the app remains in the background. This is both frustrating and slows down productivity.

The bug is replicated on many users in my organisation and beyond.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. support for sharing MacOS full screen apps in other Spaces (virtual screens/desktops)

Most Mac users work with fullscreen apps when they are serious to focus on something. A full screen app gets it's own Space. When using MS With Teams functionality as is, you can only share non-fullscreen windows that are on the first Space (Desktop 1) or share all of Desktop 1. When I work with MS Teams, I have to fiddle with my windows to make it work. Sometimes, I'll have the window shared, but then click to make it full screen which drops it from the share. In either case this cases meeting delays.

Instead I'd like to share…

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable sharing system sounds during screen sharing for iOS

When using an iPad and screen sharing, system sounds isn’t available. We have to have a team member on windows share the video.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use the standard Mac Notification Center

Please use the standard Mac Notification Center instead of your own different pop ups which overlay very weirdly and interact horribly with the notification. Also support of the DND function of the Mac Notification Center would be appreciated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. please please have a recall function for Outlook 365 - MAC

Sent an email to users that was meant for someone else. Could not recall so have to send a 2ndary email to advised that the email was sent in error

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base