Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding the ability to view a person's availability within Teams

A much needed enhancement to Teams is the ability to view a coworkers availability. For example when using the scheduling assistant in Outlook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneNote Meeting Details from other users Outlook calendar

Presently one can only insert Meeting Details from the own calendar into OneNote. It would come in very handy, if you'd expand this feature for to choose the calendar you want to insert it from (provided you have access to it).
    For example: you support a colleague to organize a meeting and also have access to his/her calendar, yet you will not be part of the meeting itself. Since you have access to a shared OneNote used for the meeting you want to insert the meeting details but can't, because you're not participating.
    At the moment you always have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Customize Color in Timeline

Allow to customize color on the Timeline View for Project App.
    It would be nice to have color options for the timeline view when using MS Project in Teams. Critical tasks are usually red, Milestones are green, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Milestone Identified on Grid View in Project App

It would be nice to identify/view the Milestone on the Grid and even Board view when using Project.
    Maybe it is creating a simple Checkbox that a user can click when creating the tasks on the Grid view with Project App in Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have a sharable link to your open calendar times for someone to schedule a meeting

I have seen people send out an email blast with click here to schedule an appointment with me. Then the link goes to personal calendar and shows open meeting times they can schedule a team meeting with that person. Does MS Teams have that feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Save a draft meeting invite

Often, I write up a meeting description and attach files, then want to double check someone's availability because they might have a tentative event on their calendar. I would like to be able to save my meeting to ask that person in the chat if they'll be free, and then continue editing the meeting invite.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Scheduling a Meeting from a private sub-channel

In a public sub-channel, that includes all students, the 'Schedule a meeting' menu option pull down menu is present and I can use it but under each of the private sub-channels, used for each game production groups, even being an 'Owner', the pull down menu is not present.

This is missing option that would be very valuable for scheduling faculty content reviews.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add time duration at the top by the title of the meeting

At the top of the Teams window when in a live meeting, please add the start time and end time of the current meeting next to the title of the meeting. This way you don't have to click away from the meeting to tell how long the meeting is scheduled for. It may also be good to add a timer that starts to count down with 5 minutes left.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adding/Deleting attendees without resending meeting to everyone

When adding or deleting attendee in an existing Teams meeting maker it would be extremely helpful to have the option to ONLY send the update to that specific attendee. This is extremely helpful and necessary for the scheduler and attendees (I can’t keep count of the amount of times I get complaints from attendees because they are receiving each and every updated Teams meeting maker and how it clogs their email; everyone wants this option)!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add ‘Public Preview’ as a tracker item to the Microsoft Public Roadmap

Outside of the Release Notes site landing page, can Microsoft add ‘Public Preview’ as a tracker item to their public roadmap? Today we can track Development, Rolling out and Launch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It should be better if invitees to a Ms teams meetings could login to a meeting only when the organizer starts the meeting.

If there in no waiting lobby set for a meeting, any one can join a meeting at any time.
    Also invitees can log in to cancelled meetings.

These should be restricted.
    Als oit would be better if an organizer cancels a meeting, the meeting should be automatically removed from invitees calendars.

These are confusing when used for schools lesson scheduling. Kids usually gets confused and mistakenly join classes scheduled at other times or to cancelled classes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve the Outlook Out of Office Settings syncing to Teams Status

It may be with the fact our company is not yet migrated to Outlook online for email, but when i set my desktop Outlook - Out of office (OOO) settings for a period, i can update them as needed.

But if i adjust the my Outlook OOO i am not able to then adjust my status in Teams, It will list me as out of office / available versus just available. Once my Outlook OOO period ends, i can adjust my status normally.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. secured exam environment

Microsoft is doing great ; i have seen lots of improvements great work.

As pandemic is still ON; The teaching community is facing problem in conducting online exam. students are freely accessing content and getting solutions, using another application to discuss answers with others students for giving exam all need to be controlled.

Is there any way when setting scheduling a quiz ( online exam ) special setup to configure freeze application so that student cant move our to any other application. some thing similar to secured browser environment.

this year we moved out from all platform and conducted all…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow recurring assignments

It would be nice if we had the options to make some assignments recurring and choose the time interval. For example, i have an assignment that says "Solve 3 pages of problems and upload a photo" and I would like this to repeat weekly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enhance Outlook Rules Manager To Automatically Set Reminders

Hello Team,

On any typical day, Outlook's mail box would hit by several emails where some of those might need a follow-up which user might forget to fulfil by the time of its due date.
    It would be helpful to create a rule by reading mail ask user to say yes or no create an automatic reminder based on the keywords(due dates and etc.) mentioned in the email

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. colour categorisation choices like outlook please.

It would be really helpful to have a wide range of colour choices ao the user can more easily identify the type of meeting/business topic etc. Also, it looks more inviting and makes it easier for the brain to have some variety instead of the dull, flat monocolour. Outlook's system is excellent. i look at my Outlook calendar and can see at a glance what the different appointments are - prospective clients, follow-ons, 1-2-1. team training, networking events etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams needs an option like phonevite.

I would like to be able record phone messages, schedule a time for it be sent out, and send it to multiple people. I currently use Phonevite, but I would like to use Teams for this.

Best,

Loretta Gross

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. change color of availability when scheduling meetings

If you are scheduling a meeting with a lot of people, the availability of people was easier to see in Outlook. Hard to see in teams - meaning, the colors on the screen are very light and my eyes have a hard time seeing it.

Suggest the colors are darker.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make meetings scheduled and deleted from a channel also be deleted from attendees’ Outlook calendars

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チャネルより会議をスケジュールし、該当の会議を開催者が削除した際に参加者の Outlook 上の予定表からも削除されるようにしてほしい。
    Make meetings scheduled and deleted from a channel also be deleted from attendees’ Outlook calendars

■Description(内容):
    チャネルより会議をスケジュールした際に、該当の会議がチーム内の Outlook の予定表に追加されますが、該当の会議を開催者が削除しても参加者の Outlook 上の予定表からは削除されません。
    個別ユーザーにて削除を行うのは手間がかかるため開催者が削除すると参加者の予定表からも削除されるようにしてほしい。

If you schedule a meeting from a channel, the meeting will be added to the team’s Outlook calendars, but even if the meeting is subsequently deleted it will remain in the Outlook calendars of attendees.
    Since it creates work for each user to have to delete these, please make meetings deleted by the host be automatically removed from attendees’ calendars.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would it be possible to use Microsoft Teams as a tool for keeping track of employee login and logout times?

My Microsoft teams starts automatically when I log into my computer. I keep it open all day, and close it at the end of the day. Teams already lets us change our status when we go on breaks, or to meetings. Would it be possible to use Microsoft Teams to keep track of our employee hours? Even doing statistics to help us keep track of our employee's efficiency?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base