Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. you could add somhow the planned date and the real date on the tasks. the planned date must not be modified, or can be modified by the admin

we need to set a planned date. That date should not be modified or can be modified by some admin of the team. Plus, you could add the real date of finishing the task.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Central Class Schedule of Teachers

There should be facility to school admin to upload staff schedule connected to various teams.
    Report to be generated if that staff conducted that session or not.
    Monthly staff report

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It should be better if invitees to a Ms teams meetings could login to a meeting only when the organizer starts the meeting.

If there in no waiting lobby set for a meeting, any one can join a meeting at any time.
    Also invitees can log in to cancelled meetings.

These should be restricted.
    Als oit would be better if an organizer cancels a meeting, the meeting should be automatically removed from invitees calendars.

These are confusing when used for schools lesson scheduling. Kids usually gets confused and mistakenly join classes scheduled at other times or to cancelled classes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams needs an option like phonevite.

I would like to be able record phone messages, schedule a time for it be sent out, and send it to multiple people. I currently use Phonevite, but I would like to use Teams for this.

Best,

Loretta Gross

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make meetings scheduled and deleted from a channel also be deleted from attendees’ Outlook calendars

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チャネルより会議をスケジュールし、該当の会議を開催者が削除した際に参加者の Outlook 上の予定表からも削除されるようにしてほしい。
    Make meetings scheduled and deleted from a channel also be deleted from attendees’ Outlook calendars

■Description(内容):
    チャネルより会議をスケジュールした際に、該当の会議がチーム内の Outlook の予定表に追加されますが、該当の会議を開催者が削除しても参加者の Outlook 上の予定表からは削除されません。
    個別ユーザーにて削除を行うのは手間がかかるため開催者が削除すると参加者の予定表からも削除されるようにしてほしい。

If you schedule a meeting from a channel, the meeting will be added to the team’s Outlook calendars, but even if the meeting is subsequently deleted it will remain in the Outlook calendars of attendees.
    Since it creates work for each user to have to delete these, please make meetings deleted by the host be automatically removed from attendees’ calendars.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would it be possible to use Microsoft Teams as a tool for keeping track of employee login and logout times?

My Microsoft teams starts automatically when I log into my computer. I keep it open all day, and close it at the end of the day. Teams already lets us change our status when we go on breaks, or to meetings. Would it be possible to use Microsoft Teams to keep track of our employee hours? Even doing statistics to help us keep track of our employee's efficiency?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow copy/paste of email list for attendees

It would be helpful if you could copy/paste a list of emails in the Attendees field. Currently, if I copy a list of emails from an Excel spreadsheet and paste it in Attendees, it does not take the email addresses and it gives the error "No results found. Check spelling or try another name". Instead, I must type the full email address for each person I want to invite to the meeting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scheduling requests

Managers of groups are not able to receive a notification by email or other method when an agent requests time off.

The only option currently is to check in the shifts requests section numerous times per day to see if an employee has requested off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Meeting Hard Stop: Allow an option to end meeting automatically for everyone at the end time

When creating a Teams Meeting, in the scheduling options, include the ability to end the meeting for everyone at the scheduled end time. Probably a checkbox called 'hard stop' next to the end time or in a drop down of advanced settings near the start/stop, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Live event scheduler role

Create a Live Event Scheduler role which the organizer can delegate to allow others to schedule and set producers and presenters so they themselves don't have to. This way we can still limit who schedules the live events without having the few people we do responsible for coordinating the permissions and invitations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow pop-out of meeting creation window or allow saving meeting drafts

If you are scheduling a meeting and then need to navigate elsewhere before you have sent the meeting invite, you must delete all the information in the draft (names, email content, time) to go to another menu in Teams. There is no way to go back to scheduling and resume where you left off. We should be able to pop out that window or save our work as a draft or something of the like.

Message box "Unsaved Changes - Do you want to discard edits or continue editing?" is a poor solution.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How do i set everyone can

How can i set everyone able to bypass lobby on a permanent basis? Which means everytime i create an invite with MS Teams, it will be auto set that all (internal/external callers) able to by pass lobby.

If possible, please show me how. Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Is there a global setting to allow "Everyone" for "Who can bypass the lobby"?

The Global polcy in Teams Admin Center under Meeting > Meeting Policies was set for "Automatically admit people" to "Everyone" and "Allow dial-in users to bypass the lobby" set to "On". When a user sets up a meeting they still need to make the changes to "Who can bypass the lobby", the default is "People in my Organization." Is it possible for the Admin make a global policy to set "Who can bypass the lobby" to "Everyone"?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to check team member availability in the chat window

I think a useful feature would be having the option to see a quick view of a specific team member's calendar in the same chat window you are talking to them in. There should be an option to choose the calendar app and add it to the top of your chat window

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tracking Code/Project Number Field For Meeting Scheduling

When scheduling a meeting, it would be nice if there was a field for a tracking code/project number. And if it was possible, being able to run a report that can be ran to pull that tracking/project number info would useful for billing purposes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mark messages for follow up

It would be really useful if I could 'star' messages, or mark them as 'for follow up' then have the ability to just see these on their own in a list, for each individual conversation and also overall.

I would also like to have the ability to add notes or comments to these and be able to export them too - putting them in their own 'tab' would be the way forwards I reckon.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)