Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Additional Busy/In a call status information - "Free at ..." - on Contact card

When person's status was Busy, in Skype you could see directly on the Contact card when she/he will be available again (e.g.: Busy, free at 14.00). Will this be available also in MS Teams as it was really useful feature, not to check each time their calendar.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow meeting invites to have the lobby option of "people I invite from my company" like it is with Skype.

Allow meeting invites to have the lobby option of "people I invite from my company" like it is with Skype. This allows anyone invited on the invite to join automatically. Those that aren't invited, but are sent the link, are forced to wait in the lobby. This is a perfect feature for online interviews where there are internal and external candidates and we need internal candidates to wait in the lobby. This is currently not available with Teams.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow booking/reservation of room/equipment

Develop tool that allows booking/reservation of room/equipment.

Currently this can be done in bookings by using the "Appointment Types" to specify the room/equipment, but this is displayed as a calendar by user, rather than by room/equipment.

Ultimately, it would be great to visualize a calendar, with individual rows representing different rooms/equipment (etc) and then seeing what time slots are busy/available.

I would also be nice to prevent double bookings.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Scheduled offline time

I’d like there to be a function where I can schedule the app to show me as offline at specific times on specific days

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adjust your default date when scheduling meetings in Teams.

If I navigate to a day on my calendar to schedule a meeting, the system should not default back to today's date.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Possibilty to add an O365 user (not a team member) to a team-meeting

It should be possible to add an O365 user to a team meeting, without the user being part of the team.

Example: I'm in a meeting with my team members and we have a question about a certain problem. We need the expertise of an engineer that is not part of the team. It would be great if we can add the engineer to the meeting to discuss the question and remove him from the meeting when the question is answered.

This is not possible with the MS Teams meetings nowadays. I can add members from the team, but not…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. fix meetings to have functional hyperlinks

Meetings that have been added to Outlook from an invitation file do not show a clickable hyperlink like they do in Outlook. The encoding seems to be getting lost when it renders in Teams

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add holidays to the calendar

We would like to expand the ability for administrators and users to optionally add holidays to the calendar.
    By default, the calendar shows Monday through Friday, and holidays are unknown.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Other people cannot remove a schedule meeting I put on a shared team (and I cannot remove other people's)

In a shared Team, only the person who puts a meeting in the schedule can delete the meeting.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "Working Elsewhere" in Outlook shows as Unavailable in Teams Scheduling Assistant

When I am in Microsoft Teams Calendar and I schedule a new meeting, If I use "scheduling assistant", It shows unavailable for users that have Outlook marked as "Working Elsewhere". Maybe it would be useful to show working elsewhere instead of unavailable.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 15 minutes interval opening hours Autoattendant

When setting opening hours in AutoAttendant 15 minutes schedule is not possible. This is real nice for customers who has open from 08:00 AM to 15:45 (or 3:45 PM)
    This does not work in Powershell either or in Gui. This can be showstoppers for some customers or that they look into something else.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notificação após agendar reunião

Quando inserimos uma reunião no calendário, os participantes não recebem uma notificação. Isto é ruim, porque para saber que você foi convidado para uma reunião é necessário clicar no calendário, mas a ferramenta poderia gerar uma notificação para todos os participantes no menu ATIVIDADE.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Schedule a meeting for only myself

I am an Incident Manager and schedule meeting based on Incidents and support teams needed. However, as I do not know the attendees in advance, I'd like to be able to schedule a meeting without inviting anyone. Also would like to be able then provide a link to individuals as needed.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The Meetings Tab should check the current day and update dispaly accordingly.

I keep Teams open all day. When I leave for the day usually Meetings is the open tab. When I then login the next day, the Meetings calendar has not updated - it still shows the text 'today' but displays yesterdays meetings.

Meetings should update and know what day 'today' is

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display of the “Add required attendees” field on Teams meeting plans

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 会議予約の [必須出席者を追加] 欄の表示について
    Display of the “Add required attendees” field on Teams meeting plans

■Description(内容):
    会議予約の [必須出席者を追加] 欄に "リソース メールボックス" を入力しても既定では検索候補として表示されない。
    初回時は、入力完了後に対象の "リソース メールボックス" が名前解決され、次回以降はメールアドレスまたは表示名などを入力することにより候補として表示されます。
    "リソース メールボックス" に関しても、出席者のユーザーと同様に会議予約の [必須出席者を追加] 欄に入力した際は既定で検索候補として表示されるよう機能の実装を希望します。

Even if “Resource mailbox” is entered into the “Add required attendees” field when planning a Teams meeting, no search candidates are returned by default.
    The first time, the target "Resource mailbox" will be name resolved after the input is completed, and from the next time onward, it will be displayed as a candidate by entering the email address or display name.

As for "Resource…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove Change PIN and Meeting Options link from invitation

Problem statement

When sending out a Teams invite, invited individuals will see the "Change PIN" and "Meeting Options" link in their calendar.

This is fine to show in the organizer's calendar and should not be visible for the invited attendees, since they anyways would not be able to change these parameters.

This behavior causes huge confusion and questions raised by customers and Senior Leadership around Security of the MS Teams product.

Solution to be achieved

Competitor solutions act smarter, by sending a slightly different invitation.
    Attendees will only see details relevant for them to join the Meeting.
    Host/organizer relevant information…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Schedule meeting within existing thread

Currently it is possible either to schedule a meeting and this will create a separate thred within channel or make a call within existing thread.

To keep information logicaly cuppled together it would be nice to have an ability to schedule a meeting within existing conversation thread.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to see all your teams to-do lists in one place for time management

Be able to view all to-do lists so that you know what deadlines are coming up when you log in in the mornings.
    We use gantt charts too to track the progress of tasks for each team which we would love to be able to use on Microsoft Teams to improve our staff resourcing management. Ideally, we would be able to stack all the teams gantt charts too to give an overview of what's going on in the office.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice to be able to create Outlook Task from certain conversations in teams which derives in something to do personally.

It would be nice to be able to create Outlook Task from certain conversations in teams which derives in something to do personally.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We need an overall project schedule

I am an Architect for a large architecture firm in Dallas, Texas.
    We need an overall project schedule that we can issue & progress thru with our team. This would be great if we could set milestones that would hit peoples outlook calendars as well.
    If this could work with "planner" as well, we can take large tasks, for the team, and break them out into smaller tasks for each individual. this would be very helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base