Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to limit the files that can be opened in chat only to the administrator.

I want to limit the files that can be opened in chat only to the administrator.
    (管理者のみチャット上のファイルを開けるよう制限したい。)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop sync and remove local files

If I close or archive a team, it would be great if synchronizing files from that team could be stopped and local synchronized files securely removed.

Maybe only by owners, when done centrally for all users.

New button to turn off Sync, replacing Synch-button, when Sync is turned on. [Synchronize on/off]. When turned off, all local synched files should securely be removed from local disc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Stop sync and remove local files

If I close or archive a team, it would be great if synchronizing files from that team could be stopped and local synchronized files securely removed.

Maybe only by owners, when done centrally for all users.

New button to turn off Sync, replacing Synch-button, when Sync is turned on. [Synchronize on/off]. When turned off, all local synched files should securely be removed from local disc.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hide/Show files sequencially as per course/chapter

I would like to suggest the possibility of hiding files or folders in the Files section of a Team, the same as happens with Teams that can be hidden.

This way, once I finish my school year with my students, I can "empty"
    my Team of students and hide all the files that I shared with them during the year..

I will enroll my new students after summer, but I don´t want my students to see all those files at once and from the beginning, so the teacher will be disclosing them as we move forward in the school year.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add an undo button in the files tabs

ADD AN UNDO BUTTON
    I accidentally deleted a file and had a very difficult time restoring

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When uploading a file in a chat, allow me to hit "Enter" to send the file even if it has not finished uploading yet.

When uploading a file in a chat, allow me to hit "Enter" to send the file even if it has not finished uploading yet. The file should be sent once it has finished uploading even if I move on to a new chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Attach documents directly from Teams to an email

Use the 3 ellipsis (or something similar) to click an option to attach a document directly from Teams into an email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add an ability to like a comment on a document.

When someone comments on a document, it doesn't always require a response. It'd be nice if you could 'like' or 'thumbs up' it, so the original commenter knows it's been seen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can you add Drawboard to teams for collaboration of documents?

Can you add Drawboard to teams for collaboration of documents? you get Drawboard free with Microsoft teams but it is basic people would more likely purchase the pro version if it was incorporated in to Microsoft teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unique ID instaed of Serial Numbers

When we export the results of FORMS the entries shows Serial Numbers. Please make it feasible to generate a unique ID so it can enable reporting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Easily lock files so changes cannot be made, or can only be made by specific people.

Easily lock files so changes cannot be made, or can only be made by specific people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. File Management Teams iPad Application

Hello,
    I’m running Teams in my Ipad Pro. We have a teams for our project. We are collecting files in Teams in regard with our project. Sometime I need to upload file from my iPad. I can upload But I cannot change the name of the file in Teams. This is my first feedback. And second one is about deleting file on iOs There is no delete option in teams for ipad.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. File Rename

Mp3 & jpg File can not Rename in any place in microsoft teams..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create alerts for apps in tabs in chat or channel when modified

When sharing a file, it would be nice to turn alerts for people in chat or channel on or off for files that you are collaborating on when modified

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A fluid way of communicating when using Excel

My team uses Teams to work on our staff schedule. It has been an amazing time saving tool, b/c now we can create the schedule at the same exact time. The only issue we currently have is communication. "comments" would be great, but it creates a general thread and "conversations" gets cumbersome. It would be nice to create a comment for one excel cell and then allow a conversation thread to populate over time in that one cell. Also, knowing which one of my team members is responding is also helpful. It's currently 3-4 of us at any given time…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow option to specify maximum view limit on a One Drive shared file

When I share a file through One Drive, along with Password and Expiration time, it would be great to have maximum limit on number of times that link can be accessed or viewed. This will prevent unauthorized usage even if someone deliberately leaks the password.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow option to specify maximum view limit on a One Drive shared file

When I share a file through One Drive, along with Password and Expiration time, it would be great to have maximum limit on number of times that link can be accessed or viewed. This will prevent unauthorized usage even if someone deliberately leaks the password.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When you open a file in saved within a group, and then when you navigate anywhere else (Ex. you chat) and you come back, the file is closed.

When you open any file within a particular group, and then in between you navigate away (say for example to chat with someone) and then when you try to navigate back to the file, its closed and now you have to open it again. Can this be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable Guests to "Sync" in Standard Channel

Guest users can not "Sync" folders to OneDrive even if they have business plan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. .

Wenn man gerade in einem ordner ist muss man nur einmal zurück drücken, weil man da komplett rauskommt und man dann erst wieder in Aufgaben reingehen muss

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base