Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Submit multiple images at once

When adding work to an assignment it would be useful to add multiple images/files at once instead of "adding work" five times

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Continue to apply "Protect Workbook" on Excel files that already have "Protect Workbook" applied on them on Mac when opening on Microsoft Te

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Mac にて "ブックの保護" を適用した Excel ファイルを Microsoft Teams 上で開いた場合にも適用させたい
    Continue to apply "Protect Workbook" on Excel files that already have "Protect Workbook" applied on them on Mac when opening on Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    現時点での製品の動作においては、Mac にて Excel ファイルに "ブックの保護" を適用したファイルを Microsoft Teams にアップロードしてから開くと、ブックの保護が適用されておらず、ユーザー側でファイルの編集が可能となってしまうことを確認しています。Excel ファイルに適用した "ブックの保護" の機能が Microsoft Teams にアップロードした後でも適用されるよう機能の改善、拡充を要望します。
    We have confirmed that currently when an Excel file with "Protect Workbook" applied on Mac is uploaded to Microsoft Teams and then opened, the workbook protection is not applied and the file ends up being editable by the user. We would like to request improvements and enhancements so…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Regarding the save destination of files shared in Microsoft Teams channels

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のチャネルで共有されるファイルの保存先について
    Regarding the save destination of files shared in Microsoft Teams channels

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams にて、チャネル作成時に連動して作成されるファイルの保存領域のフォルダーは、現時点ではチームに紐づく SharePoint サイトの既定のドキュメント ライブラリに作成され、パスの変更ができない動作となっています。管理の煩雑さを回避するためにも、チャネル作成後にフォルダーごとにパスを変更できるカスタマイズ機能や、既定の保存先が Microsoft Teams 専用のドキュメント ライブラリ等になるよう別ディレクトリとして保存される機能の実装を要望いたします。
    In Microsoft Teams, the folder of the file storage area that is created on channel creation is currently created in the default document library of the SharePoint site associated with the team, and the path cannot be changed. In order to avoid complications in management, we hope a customization feature will be implemented to allow users to change the path for each folder after creating a channel, and a feature to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I wish I could open an embedded doc within the MS Teams frame (or Word Online). I just confirmed that it's currently not supported.

I wish I could open an embedded doc within the MS Teams frame (or Word Online). I just confirmed today that it's currently not supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Missing browse button to select custom background image for video calls

As for now there's the "go to this link in you file explorer" and paste an image there so that it automagically appears in the list of custom background images to use in video calls.That whole thing feels like a workaround.
    And once you've selected an image in whichever folder you browse - the image should be added to the list of images to preselect from.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please implement a setting to completely disable the sharing feature for Microsoft Teams

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams から共有機能を完全にオフにできる機能を設定してほしい。
    Please implement a setting to completely disable the sharing feature for Microsoft Teams

■Description(内容):
    現在は Microsoft Teams において共有機能を制限すると、OneDrive for Business や SharePoint を使った共有ができなくなる。それを避けて、 Microsoft Teams はスケジュール共有や個人、またはチーム内のメッセージングのみとし、外部のクラウド ストレージとの連携含め、 Microsoft Teams 上でのファイル共有を一切できないようなオプションを希望する。
    なお、このオプションが有効であっても、SharePoint サイトや、テナントユーザーの OneDrive for Business は利用できるような設定にしてもらいたい。
    Currently if the sharing feature for Microsoft Teams is restricted, sharing for OneDrive for Business and SharePoint cannot be done. We want to avoid that, and thus hope for an option where only features such as schedule sharing, personal or in-team messaging can be done in Microsoft Teams, and completely prevent any sort of file sharing on…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to create folders while browsing filestructure in teams

I'd like to have the ability to create a folder when organizing files in my teams. Example: if I want to move files from one folder, I'll mark the folders and press move. In the new window, I can currently only move to existing folders. I would like the ability to create a folder while organizing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We want to restrict the exchange of files on Microsoft Teams chat

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のチャットにてファイルのやり取りを制限したい
    We want to restrict the exchange of files on Microsoft Teams chat

■Description(内容):
    現行の機能では、 OneDrive for Business 全体へのアクセスを制限させないと、Teams でのファイルのやり取りを制限することはできません。
    OneDrive for Business 全体には制限をせず、Teams のチャットでのファイルのやり取りのみを制限する機能の拡充を希望します。
    Currently access to the whole of OneDrive for Business needs to be restricted, otherwise it will not be possible to restrict the exchange of files on Teams.
    We hope for a feature to restrict the exchange of files on Teams chat without restricting the whole of OneDrive for Business.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. There should be an option to directly copy and paste/Drag and paste for sharing files in chat .

There should be an option to directly copy and paste/Drag and paste for sharing files in chat . As of now, for example..an attachment received thru outlook mail has to be first saved in location and then go teams and use upload option to upload the file from that saved location..This is tedious... What if I have an option I just drag and paste in teams..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to set policy only for items shared in Teams Teams で共有しているアイテムのみ、ポリシー設定をしたい

I want to apply "Removal after 1 year" and "Retention for 2 years after deletion" item retention policy only to files uploaded to personal chat (OD4B) and team (SPO).

個人チャット (OD4B)、およびチーム (SPO) にアップロードされたファイルのみに対して「1年経過後削除」と「削除後2年間の保持」のアイテム保持ポリシーを適用したい

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can you please bring back the old system for assignments?

Bring back the old way of organising assignments where they're ALL SEEN in the assignments menu. It was a lot easier than the system where you have to select each team and look at their assignments, this way the assignments menu is effectively useless and I miss most of my assignments.

It would help big time if I just saw all of the assignmets than the current system you have.

Thank you for reading this anyway.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reuniões gravadas

Seria mais prático e mais eficiente se as reuniões gravadas fossem armazenadas em uma pasta dentro de cada respectiva equipe, ou seja, cada equipe ter uma pasta só de reuniões gravadas. Seria maravilhoso!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let me correct in tasks what my students have done

When a student sends a task, I would like to use my Apple Pencil to mark What they have done And give it back them. Now I can only write a comment but I can not write on the files they send.

Me gustaría poder corregir las tareas, escribir encima de los archivos que envían además de escribir comentarios . Ahora no se puede modificar los archivos que envían en la parte de tareas
    Gracias

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. link to a file in chat

Let us link to files (not in Teams) in chats, without an error for "invalid URL"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add links as files in the files tab.

If you want to add a hyperlink to a Team, you have to create a new tab. If you are collecting a lot of links, this can clutter your interface-not all links merit their own tab. It would be great to be able to add a link/URL to the files list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a facility to add notes to files in the channels - like Objective lets you

Provide a facility to add notes to files in the channels - like Objective lets you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Renaming Folder or File names break the links

Given the new way of working is to share files using links, not attaching a version everywhere, we should handle the renaming of folder and files more elegantly without breaking the links previously shared out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Delete files and images that have been uploaded to a Conversation

After using Teams for a couple of years, we've built up a large quantity of files and images in multiple conversations that are no longer relevant to the work that we're doing (especially older versions of files).

It's hard trying to sort through the files in a conversation to find what you're looking for when you've got 10+ versions of that file sitting there.

The ability to delete old files and images from conversations would be very useful and would save us a lot of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 79 80
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base