Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the SCAN feature from Office Lens and OneDrive to Channels

Currently to scan a document, a person has to
    1) Open OneDrive
    2) Click Sites
    3) Click the Team
    4) Click Documents
    5) Click the Channel (actually just a folder in the team site document library)
    6) Click the + sign (Upload)
    7) Click Scan

the workflow should be
    1) One Teams
    2) Click Team
    3) Click Scan or Click Files > Scan

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't send in-chat images using MAC desktop app

I'm trying to share an image in-chat using the MAC desktop app. Each time I do, it gives me the insecure image error message (see attached). The only way to see it is to go to the files tab within the same chat, click on the file, which then takes me into a browser to view. Any idea of how to get around this so I can just share images within the chat window? Thanks!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sending files in teams to email recipients

Files already in teams need to be sent to external users via email for their use. Send either as attachment or link to a ondrive folder that they can get to without 1000 hoops . Every time I try to share via a link the receiver cannot open it and i end up doing it the old fashioned way.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better sending of files between team and personal OneDrives.

It would be awesome to be able to send files from my personal OneDrive (in the Files section) to one of the team drives.

When you right click it could say "Send to team...". If you click on it, it will pop out a list of your teams. You select a team, and it pops up with a dialogue similar to the Share File dialogue in chat to choose where to save it.

Additionally, in the Team > Channel > Files tab, there could be a Add File from My OneDrive, that pops up with a Dialogue similar to the…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. File version summary showing that a file has changed, new updates, who changed files, conversations about content, etc

We are using teams to collaborate on files. Is is possible to be able to see when files are changed or the review process has been undertaken. For instance, if I upload a file and need someone to review the file, I would need to tag the person but I don't have a common view of this.

Can I get notifications when a file has been changed?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. annotation of PDFs

The ability to annotate PDFs, or at least open in a PDF reader that will, without having to download the file, annotate, and upload.

721 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shorten Default "Files" URL from "Shared Documents" to "Docs"

This suggestion actually affects the underlying SharePoint service in addition to Teams.

The underlying URL for the default "Documents" document library in SharePoint is "Shared Documents", which in a URL is actually "Shared%20Documents" as spaces cannot exist in URLs and must be handled with the %20 character substitution.

This means that instead of being able to send a nice clean human readable URL to a file like:
    https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/Marketing/Docs/Collateral/design.docx

We end up with:
    https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/sites/Marketing/Shared%20Documents/Collateral/design.docx

This is confusing for users.

I would even go so far as to request that every time a user attempts to create a folder or file name…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the ability to " Quick Print " a file without having to download or open in sharepoint

I want to have the ability to print a file without having to download it or opening Sharepoint. A "Quick Print" option would be 100% great

1,119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

191 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

The feature team is still digging into the details of this item. I don’t have an update yet, but all your feedback and votes are shared with the feature team every month.
    I’ll keep pushing this item and hope to have more details soon.
    -Warren

9. Share documents on OneDrive for business in multiple teams

I'd like to be able to a file I have created on OneDrive for business with multiple teams.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Posted Moved File Handling

When a file is moved or renamed after it has been uploaded and posted to a channel, the link referenced in the conversation in that channel never gets updated, therefore leaving a broken link with an existing conversation.
    If Teams is intelligent enough to post the file to the channel, and handles the move, it should be able to find and update the posted locations in the channels.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Save & share documents with Onedrive in Teams! Sharepoint must be merge it!

I think we must make Teams more user friendly, the sharepoint must be closed because we don’t need it! We have Onedrive to save documents and we can share it with Teams ! i understand not why you bringing many the same functions! You must Merge same functionalty to make it smaller and userfrindly! Then you must make, that we can share channls with different users. Because expamle: if we have a Marketing Division (Team), i don’t want that all users or certain users can see certain documents.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have the download function of files allow you to select the destination

Currently files are downloaded only to the DOWNLOAD folder. Allow a save as function / select download location.

2,549 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

333 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is now actively being worked upon. As we move through the development process, I will post an new updates to this topic.

Please keep the votes and feedback coming in. Your feedback is shared with the feature team every month.

-Warren

13. Enable sizing of file/library columns

The Files tab (a SharePoint File Library) has the file name as a first column. It's size is fixed, so long file names are "truncated". All we need is to be able to expand the column, so the names fit.

A mouse over with the full name would also be appreciated.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Live links

Links from file to file! One of the advantages we find in Quip, other than the docs are live, is that users can can link from one doc to other; a little like mentions. once Office docs can be created, edited and shared on Teams this will really unify the experience for us.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add "Sync button"

Add "Sync button" - In the app there is a "sharepoint" button. I suggest you add a button to directly start syncing the "file/sharepoint/group library". It takes to many clicks to start syncing files localy to computer with current functions.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Upload a file to Teams directly from a desktop Office application

When I am creating a new file in an Office document I want there to be an option in the "Save as" location, to save to an Microsoft Team, similar to how there are options to save to your OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and This PC locations. Right now I either have to remember to create the file from Teams or to create the file on my PC and then upload it manually to Teams.

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog. I’ll keep you posted as it moves through the development process.
    -Warren

17. Shared folders

Allow to enter the shared folders on One drive! Otherwise its useless to use teams if i have no access to folders which are shared with me

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Select Default File Repositiry

As most companies already have an established File Repository either in O365, NAS or other cloud storage and cant afford to have users putting files in different locations due to confusion, allow the Team owner upon creation to specify a location for Files and use this location as the default when doing attachments and links.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SP Document Library Check In/Out

When a document library from SharePoint has been added to a team that has check in/out enabled, unable to check in/out from App

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share a single file from Sharepoint

I can share a single file from Sharepoint with the team but it does not appear in Teams. Instead I have to share a whole library - not very handy.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base