Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deep links shouldn't contain the entire folder structure

Deep links shouldn't contain the entire folder hierarchy. I might not want to reveal the details of my hierarchy to someone I am sharing one file with.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for starting flows to the document library/list views in Teams

When a user clicks on a file in the files tab, they have a number of options they can perform against a file, copy, rename, properties, etc.. If they were in SharePoint they could start a Microsoft Flow against the document. The same experience should exist within Teams. This functionality existed a few weeks ago but appears to have been removed, or is possibly broken.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sync Files in Teams

It would be great to have the option to sync team files to your computer directly within Teams. Right now if I want to do this I need to open in Sharepoint (from within Teams) and then tell the files to sync to my computer. This seems like a long, unnecessary step!

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make file preview work for files with an apostrophe somewhere in the file path

Currently if an apostrophe exists at any point in the file address (name of file, parent folder or Team name) the file can't be previewed.

In such situations we get a "Hmm... looks like this file doesn't have a preview we can show you." and a Download button is visible.

This behaviour seems inconsistent given that apostrophes aren't listed as invalid characters for OneDrive, OneDrive for Business or SharePoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. flexible frame size for file search results in Teams

Make the frame width flexible for the file search results in Teams.
    Now it is not possible to see exactly what file one is dealing with when the identifying part of the filename is behind the x-th character. (see screenshot)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow the creation of channels for subfolders in the library

Often we have sub folders in our sharepoint library. We would like to have the possibility to create a channel for such a subfolder, to be able to discuss things around the documents in this subfolder.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Interface for files

On a pc in legacy world, you Go to your drives and use x for personal y to access shared files.

In Teams this exists, by going to files on the left hand menu, or clicking on the team and accessing files..

It would be so much easier if users could go to a simple interface in teams where they see their shared spaces and their own files, and then be able to move files easily between them

In essence make it as close to the old cut the file from x and paste the file into y as possible...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cut/Copy Folders between channels

We need the ability to move, cut, copy entire folders from one team/location to another.

A teammate removed a channel and consolidated the files from those channels into the incorrect location. We don't have an expedient way to move these files.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Open documents in edit mode by default

I want the option to have word and excel documents open in edit mode by default.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dropbox sharing

Could be great if the dropbox integration could be used, to share company folders, and not just personal folders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Drag and drop files from one chat to another.

Allow drag and drop of files (e.g. .pdf) from one chat to another without saving it to the PC in between.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please make file sending in MS teams faster and simpler via drag and drop on chat window not on reply window

Please make files sending in MS teams faster and simpler via drag and drop on chat window and not on reply window. Our users have been encountering issue on this aspect. Also, hope we can remove the REPLACE file window prompt as it creates another friction instead of just smoothly sending files.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Channel templates

It would be nice to have a template for the Files section in Channels. Define your directory structure once, then apply it to every new Channel created in a Team.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show Files listing with a real (absolute) timestamp, and with the correct "Modified By"

"Yesterday", "1h ago", etc isn't so helpful. I know I downloaded something at 15:47 PM. Is the file on teams newer than this? I either need to go through the forensics of file comparisons to answer this, or interrupt the person who uploaded it to ask them -- if I can figure out who actually uploaded it, in contrast to the person indicated in the GUI.

(Using Desktop -- can't find anywhere to determine the version).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 'Use Existing File'

When I copy and paste a file to send in a chat, it uploads that file and then once it has finished uploading I can send it.

I then go to send that same file to someone else, again I copy and paste/drag it from my local files. I then get a warning telling me that the file already exists and my options are to: cancel, keep both or replace it. Where is the option to Use Existing?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unable to join Google Drive Cloud :(

Když už je tam volby připojit Google Drive k souborům bylo by dobré kdyby to fungovalo

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. paste image files (not pure image) with ctrl+v

paste image files (not pure image) with ctrl+v

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. add cloud storage for google drive is broken

when addting google drive as as cloud storage, the login screen to google drive hangs and the login dialogue never opens

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search functionality for PDF, word document documents

Search functionality for PDF, word documents in Teams

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be nice to click on a file in the files tab, and be redirected to where in the channel the file was uploaded. This wou

It would be nice to be able to click on a file in the files folder and be redirected to the channel, when the file was uploaded.
    Then you could see why it was uploaded and what was discussed regarding this file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base