Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when viewing a file, if I click to chat, then go back to file, it returns me to the root folder and I have to go find the file again to open

When I am viewing a file in teams, and then need to respond to a chat I click on the chat feature to respond, however, the Team file folder I was in closes the file view, so when I return to that "view" I'm back in the root folder and have to search for the file again. It would be nice if the file would stay open for when I return to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support text/code preview for Mustache (.mustache) template files

There's already a preview for extended Handlebars templates, but not for base Mustache template files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add .CSX file preview support

Add text/code file preview for .CSX (C# script) files. Already have support for things like .CS and .JS,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Want to set preferred applications associated with the file extension to open files in Teams

It would be great that you would implement a feature in Teams to set preferred applications associated with the file extension.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to hide / remove the “Files” default tab

In some of our channels, we need to use our existing SharePoint doc libraries for all file storage and access.

We achieved that using SharePoint connector.

But the problem is that we aren’t able to hide / remove the “Files” tab which creates a lot of confusion to new users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. create shortcut to folders

It would be good if there was the ability to create shortcuts to folders - like in Windows file explorer where you can use Quick Access to pin folders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Folder shortcuts

A function, much like file explorer, to save shortcuts to folder's so files are much more easily accessible.

e.g. Direct marketing > Regular Giving > Receipt Thankyou > Winter Appeal 2019 > SV winter 2019

Shortcut to Winter Appeal 2019

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add file type icons for Document Templates (dotx, potx, etc)

Teams does not have file type icons for office document templates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow 3rd party cloud storage for attachments in chat

It would be helpful if chats allowed for 3rd party cloud storage solutions (Box, Dropbox, Sharefile, etc) to be used when selecting an attachment. Within Channels, the feature already exists to add a 3rd party cloud storage solution, but it is absent within Chat. The option to either attach or link the document (URL to the file within the 3rd party solution) would be helpful additional functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow a pdf to be filled out and saved within the shared space using Teams

I want to share pdfs with fillable fields in Teams so my staff can open, fill in fields and save the pdf within the Teams file and in the browser (without having to download the file locally).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. File rename with viewer

My company uses Box and one of the strong points, besides ease of use is their viewer.

As part of our process with scanned documents is the ability to rename the file while in a viewer, and also, to move the file while in the viewer.

We do this mostly with accounting. We can view a scanned or emailed file and then rename the document including the document date and invoice number. The document is held open in the viewer while it is entered into the accounting system. OCR allows us to capture long account or invoice numbers, as well…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A Combine Function/Button

I work in a group that does a lot of document editing, comment gathering, and proposing a direction based on feedback on the original doc. Is there a way to combine all comments from various individuals that are made to the same doc to view/edit in Teams? If not, do you think that could be created? I work in a Credit Policy development group where we send the proposed initiative/policy out to a SME (subject matter expert) group for comment, combine them, and consolidate. More than happy to discuss, if necessary. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Snapshot option

It will be great if we have an snapshot option in chat, so that user can share their image more quickly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Drag and drop - moving files within Teams

Give us the ability to drag and drop folders and files into other folders. This will help us be more organized.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View of all files in a Team

It would be great if I could see all the files within a team, instead of having to search by channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. File permission - File Tab, Share Point Tab, Share point, One Drive

Lack of Permission control when uploading to share point tab from Team.

This is important, Since everyone in my company use microsoft team to share file.
    Currently,

We have to juggle different type of file sharing and remembering the way you share your file will result in different outcome.

For File tab it is sharable and viewable for everyone.

For the team integrated share-point file tab, all the file uploaded through team is viewable and editable for everyone.

If we want to control permission we have to click on that open in share point and go upload the file there,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow people on the team to access files

I invited people to a team to collaborate and access files. When they accept the invitation, they are told that they don't have access to any of the files.

The only option is owner or member, how about read, or read write, or edit or view. Not very "team" oriented now. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. In search result : option GO TO channel or folder

When we find a file in the search, it would be great to have the option to go to the file location and access directly the Channel / folder

( like when we download a file on a computer we can open the file or Go to file location)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Once we upload a file on the teams ( PPT, Word, Excel), we should be able to see the counts that how many times the file is being downloaded

Admin should be able to see that how many times a File( PPT, word , excel) is being downloaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.