Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improving Screen Sharing Feature on IPad

Hi, I am using this great app on my I pad, It offers very limited screen sharing options and unlike using the app from a laptop, where wider sharing option is available.
    Appreciate if you could enable the wider sharing feature on IPad for better customer experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. During file sharing, now it is not possible to see the user what he is sharing. There must be a option to view the user what he is haring.

During file sharing, now it is not possible to see the user what he is sharing. There must be a option to view the user what he is haring.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. open with explorer in edge

In Microsoft edge you are unable to open files with explorer. This feature is available in internet explorer but our organisation have moved over to edge now so we miss this functionality

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make Gif files play in the preview when in viewing gif files in a teams file section, we use gifs for marketing and this is how we manage.

Make Gif files play in the preview when in viewing gif files in a teams file section, we use gifs for marketing and this is how we manage the items and how we distrobute to staff to market us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Upoload folders on teams from computer or laptop

Upoload folders on teams from computer or laptop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Share a 'View Only' File

It would be great to have the ability to send a share only version of a file so that someone can view the file but cannot make changes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to hit SEND while a file is uploading to chat

Oftentimes I find I have added a file to a chat only to realize it was never sent. The workflow is such that you need to wait for a file(s) to upload before you can hit send.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display Teams document libraries/tabs on Sharepoint Intranet

Our corporate intranet is where we want all employees to get company information, branding assets, etc. Files and libraries created in Teams need to be surfaced to our company intranet.

For example, our marketing team may have all their assets stored in a doc library (right now these are stored in a Sharepoint Library.) It would be best if these were stored in a Teams doc library and then select folder in the Teams channel could be synced to a generally accessible folder on our intranet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Searching file contents: .PDF, .DOCX, etc

At the moment when I open files, I cannot search the contents of the file. My organization uses the Teams app in iOS to share documents, especially reference documents, product lists, catalogs, etc. These are often in PDF format. Being able to search the contents of the file would speed things up significantly when I am searching for product information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When creating / building a flow

When creating / building a flow would be nice to have the ability to freeze out certain steps to make troubleshooting and developing more efficient. Right now you have to delete your step but if you still wanted the step would have to recreate it later. When you have a bunch of active teams you are working with you don't really want to be having a bunch of test messages(if that was a step you had) being posted to distract those that may be using the team until the rest of the flow is working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is there a way to shorten the link when copied from teams ?

Is there a way to shorten the link when copied from teams ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Focused conversations on Photos

When a photo is posted to a group or chat, add the ability to comment on that photo, this provides focused conversations on that photo. Both Kazala and Slack have this ability, I believe that Slack has the ability to produce a focused conversation on any comment also but this could be stage two.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Drag and drop functionality from outlook directly into teams

Drag and drop functionality from outlook directly into teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. India kids problem-Files shared in Teams to be available in onedrive

Currently we r in lockdown in India and student classes in India are conducted over MS Teams. Many of indians have old systems which are not compatible with MS Teams. Parents r somehow managing their kids to attend the classes on MS teams through Android devices /iPhone etc. The big problem is accessing files shared through "files" Section by teachera in teams. We can't do it in our Android phones because of heavy file size etc. Our old laptops cant download MS Teams because of compatibility issues. Can you please help to have files shared by teaches in teams available…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In Chat/Files is ther a way to add the column "last modified date/time"?

Currently in chat/Files one can see file type, file Name, date shared, and Sent By. It would be nice to also see when the file was last modified, that way you know if someone is working on it or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Alert if new version has been uploaded

We are co-authoring on documents, filling in a number of questions. However, we had a case where somebody took the document offline, then re-uploaded the file and in the process overwrote other responses.
    It would be really useful if you could lock a file so it still can be modified within Teams but uploading would either create a document with a new name or at least would alert (tag the document in some way) that a new version was uploaded at some stage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When opening Files of same file type (jpg) allow an album type view

When viewing a group of photos from the files view, there is no ability to quickly go to the next photo easily. A user has to close the file and open another. Would like to have a new File group type for photos titled Album, that when opened you can scroll through images easily without having to close the file and then open the next one, and potentially even have an album view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Making File Moving Easier

If I create a folder, and I go to move a file into that folder, when I go to move the file, the folder I just created is never listed in the recent option. If someone performs that action (folder creation and next action is attempting to move a file), I'm willing to bet more than 80% of the time, that person is moving the file into the folder they just created. Please add the recently created folders into the recent section when you go to move a file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Picture preview.

1. Improve picture preview no matter where they are (in chat room or file). I think many people want to view next or previous picture with left and right button like they open picture with some photo viewer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base