Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please make file sending in MS teams faster and simpler via drag and drop on chat window not on reply window

Please make files sending in MS teams faster and simpler via drag and drop on chat window and not on reply window. Our users have been encountering issue on this aspect. Also, hope we can remove the REPLACE file window prompt as it creates another friction instead of just smoothly sending files.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Channel templates

It would be nice to have a template for the Files section in Channels. Define your directory structure once, then apply it to every new Channel created in a Team.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show Files listing with a real (absolute) timestamp, and with the correct "Modified By"

"Yesterday", "1h ago", etc isn't so helpful. I know I downloaded something at 15:47 PM. Is the file on teams newer than this? I either need to go through the forensics of file comparisons to answer this, or interrupt the person who uploaded it to ask them -- if I can figure out who actually uploaded it, in contrast to the person indicated in the GUI.

(Using Desktop -- can't find anywhere to determine the version).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 'Use Existing File'

When I copy and paste a file to send in a chat, it uploads that file and then once it has finished uploading I can send it.

I then go to send that same file to someone else, again I copy and paste/drag it from my local files. I then get a warning telling me that the file already exists and my options are to: cancel, keep both or replace it. Where is the option to Use Existing?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unable to join Google Drive Cloud :(

Když už je tam volby připojit Google Drive k souborům bylo by dobré kdyby to fungovalo

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. paste image files (not pure image) with ctrl+v

paste image files (not pure image) with ctrl+v

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add cloud storage for google drive is broken

when addting google drive as as cloud storage, the login screen to google drive hangs and the login dialogue never opens

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Search functionality for PDF, word document documents

Search functionality for PDF, word documents in Teams

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be nice to click on a file in the files tab, and be redirected to where in the channel the file was uploaded. This wou

It would be nice to be able to click on a file in the files folder and be redirected to the channel, when the file was uploaded.
    Then you could see why it was uploaded and what was discussed regarding this file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Is there a file size limit?

I keep trying to upload a zip file (105,622KB). I do not get an error message, but I am getting an empty file in out files list. It just says that the size is 0.00 Bytes.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please improve image Management. When I upload multiple photos or send them in chat, the other one has to click each photo and download each

Please improve image Management. When I upload multiple photos or send them in chat, the other one has to click each photo and download each ONE. When previewing, you should be able to click on the next photo. You should be able to download all the photos at Once. Thx

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. file name do not updates if changed by one user

when someone changes the name of a shared doc, the doc name does not change in the team app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Opening multiple files in tabs?

Would love to be able to open files in tabs or new pop-out windows. Currently working on a PPT storyboard in tandem with an Excel sheet, and I can't keep them both open to cross-reference. I have to download one, which means I can't change the team file in real time.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. download all files at once in a chat

We should be able to download all files at once in a chat message, instead of having to download them one at a time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Save documents directly into Channels/Teams

Need to be able to browse Teams and channels that I'm a member of from the Save As menu.

I have favourited many channels that I need visibility of and have followed a large number of sites and channels, however there is no option to view them all when trying to save to a SharePoint site. At the moment I have to save to desktop and then upload them to the required Channel

Not such an issue from 3rd party products (although desirable) but to not be able to do this from Office is bizarre. I don't want Word to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Filetransfer

Filetransfer doesn't always work. My colleagues always get the message that it needs to be configured

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Filetransfer

Filetransfer doesn't always work. My colleagues always get the message that it needs to be configured

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Open folder/select file after download

Once I download a file would be interesting that after click on "download finished" the default folder for downloads is opened and the file preselected

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. File forwarding from chat - Microsoft Teams Chat Files does not grant permissions

Forwarding a file from within Teams chat does not add permissions to the OneDrive share for the user to which the file is being forwarded to.

When User A is chatting with User B on Teams chat and a file is added to the conversation, if forwarding the file from that same chat to another user the file cannot be opened by the user to which the file is being forwarded to.
    What happens is that it is actually forwarding the message to another user and when this one tries to pen the file he is not allowed to do…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. play animated gif stored in files

Enable Teams to play animated gif stored in Files section

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)