Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cloud Storage like Box repeatedly prompts for credentials

Cloud Storage like Box within Teams, keeps repeatedly prompting for credentials every 30 mins to 1 hour. Please renew the token silently before it expires. This will ease Users to access their files in Box.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pictures attachment / uploads are not working from my iOS 11 phone. It only works from my PC. I tried restarting my phone, didn't help.

Pictures attachment / uploads are not working from my iOS 11 phone. It only works from my PC. I tried restarting my phone, didn't help. I tried reinstalling the app, didn't help. The server performance is also fairly poor. Please the app runs rather slow on iOS11, though I am unsure if it's iOS 11 or the app itself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide the upload button to reflect SPO permissions

Auto hide the upload button within the client to reflect a 'read only' permission for members of SPO folders in the files tab...
    For instance, if I restrict a folder in SPO to write permissions for owners but read for the rest of the team, the upload button persists in the client for members, giving the appearance that permissions are allowed. Furthermore, the client errors on upload without providing feedback to the user that this is a permissions issue.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Link to folder

We should be able to link a folder within a doc library to a tab

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sync documents added to Teams

Allow sync from the Teams App to OneDrive.exe

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Edit documents within Teams

Please allow documents to be editable within Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Upload zip files

I need to be able to upload zip files on teams but it seems that it is not allowed for now.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. word preview

Word document previews are rendered with low DPI causing very blurry image when scaled up. Text cannot be copied. PDFs and spreadsheet looks much better. Could this be fixed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display Icons of Files

Could you guys modernize the file system to incorporate icon previews for files? To tell the difference between an exe, bat, dll or jpg you have to read the file name and extension or the mini generic icon. It would not be too difficult to create a cache for this purpose.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Productivity boost to be able to use Windows Explorer to access files like in OneDrive

Two reasons: First, I find not being able to edit many file types directly in the Teams Files tab frustrating as heck. I have to download, edit, re-upload. Second, if I'm offline (on the train, for instance) no Teams functionality is available and I can't work on a file. Having the same OneDrive or Dropbox capability of syncing with a local copy/image I can see in Windows Explorer on my laptop would be a big productivity boost.

I guess a useful alternative would be having a OneDrive tab.

I tried using SharePoint through Explorer, but that goes away when I'm…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Open directly in MS Office (and not web access) when accessed from laptop

Default behavior is to open any document, spreadsheet or presentation in the Web preview.

It should be possible to have a preference to open directly in Word, Excel or PowerPoint if on a laptop. I.e. the command "Open in Excel" as default when on a platform that can allow it. That would save a lot of time clicking and avoid frustration.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Expand limit for uploaded Files

The current limit for Files is 10MB, which is pretty low if we're sharing videos. Our team uses videos very frequently to share progress with each other.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How do I limit team members from adding and deleting files to folders?

How do I limit team members from adding and deleting files to folders?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When opening and closing files from OneDrive in MS Teams, the last used folder should be remembered instead of having to navigate through th

When opening and closing files from OneDrive in MS Teams, the last used folder should be remembered instead of having to navigate through the folder structure.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams should know when I sync the files of the team with my OneDrive Client

When I sync my files with the NGSC from the team, teams reload the files anytime and do not use my offline files

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Performance and open file sharing

Microsoft Team is a useful tool and feasible for communication document management.

However, when trying to open the document through team, Team may wrongly refer to other file/previous version by chance.

In addition, the time for opening the document is a bit slower than expected.

Would be great if you can help on improving these.

Cheers,
    Hal

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Azure Storage as an option when adding cloud storage for files.

Have a UI to add your storage endpoint and interact with files. (Maybe AzCopy under the hood?)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Links in Outlook messages to files in Teams often return incorrect, previously cached files

I have found multiple times, that links clicked on within an Outlook email message referencing a files within Teams (files stored within a Files tab within a channel) often return a previously cached, unrelated file.

Steps:
    1. Have someone send you an email message with an href link to a file located in Teams (within the Files tab).
    2. Click the link within the Outlook client. Note the web browser Teams client loads (I am using Chrome on Windows 10) and notice the resulting file viewed in the Teams document viewer.

I still have some testing to do, but I …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams isn't Instagram - show photo info

When I post photos in Teams, it's usually because I'm seeking info/approval about work to do on it or which one to use for something. People MUST be able to see the filename and other file metadata—and from within Teams, not by bouncing out to SharePoint. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base