Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We noticed that when we share a document within Teams that multiple users cannot be in the document at the same time.

We love that SharePoint allows multiple users to be in the document at the same time. If we do it inside TEAMS, it locks users out of the document. How can we fix this? If we add in the SharePoint App (inside TEAMS) and link files from there - can we all work within the document that way?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add description for files

It would be nice to be able to add a short description to files uploaded in Teams. We find it cumbersome to rely on the file name alone. It seems like the Title property could be exposed to accomplish this.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sending Files

It would be ideal to to be able to send files via outlook without having to download the file.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. opening files

When opening a file in Excel it asks for sign in, then says another account is in use, which makes the file opening impossible.
    I did a workaround when I removed all office accounts from the computer, including registery, then added them again - it worked for 1 day.. Main account and the one that was used to open the file from teams are the same work account.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. share file from team in chat

It would be great to be able to share a file from a team in a chat. I.e giving temporary access to the file from a team.

Use case - get a second opinion from a user outside a team regarding a file. Also be able to revoke the access afterwards.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Opening Files

It would be ideal to open more than one file directly into word or power point from the files folder in Teams. Right now, you have to select each file individually and then open it in word.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I need info, who is blocking file

When MS Teams says that file is blocked i need to know who is blocking file and send him my asking to close it (optionaly)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Attach a team files to the chat one-on-one discussion

Chat messages to allow you to attach files that are part of your Team files. At the moment it only allows to access your OneDrive personal files. That doesn't help if you need to discuss a particular file one on one instead of the whole team.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dropbox Navigation

Dropbox -there is a problem with navigation using Teams Client. If you navigate to a sub folder then open a file it resets the file view to the top of the hierarchy. This is very annoying if you have a deep folder structure and need to open a few files sequentially

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Downloads system

The downloads system is the wrost thing that I have seen in years. Please, at least put a porgress bar in the chat

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable file sharing via RMB > Share > Microsoft Teams on Mac OS

In Mac OS, it's easy to share a file by clicking the right mouse button and then share it via email, messages, facebook, ... It would be great if Microsoft Teams supported this as well to quickly share files with colleagues.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Download scores (points) into a marksheet

When I create an assignment I don't see the option to download the scores (points) from that assignment. What I would like to do is to be able to download the scores to a marksheet of my own (usually excel) or perhaps better still create a marksheet for the team in MS Teams and as more assignments are issued and graded the marksheet gets the scores added to it so it builds over time.

As a teacher it is essential to be able to look at all the grades I have given to my students or a particular student and…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Upload files by Copy & Paste from other applications

Transferring files from Outlook (or other applications that are handling files) is quite annoying. I have to Copy & Paste them to a local drive space (for example Desktop) and then upload the file to Teams.
    It would be much easier if the Teams app would handle the Clipboard.
    Then a simple right-click-"Copy" within Outlook and a right-click-Paste within Teams app would transfer files.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. links to domain locations

It would be great if links posted to internal domain storage locations could be active and clickable if logged in to the domain.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include ability to add onenote tab during 1:1 chat

I know I can post a onenote file in the shared files section of a 1:1 chat. It would be great though if it were possible to spawn a OneNote tab at the top of the chat for a frequently used notebook between 2 people. At present this can be done in the team chat secsion but it would be great if the same functionality were available for 1:1 chats.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copy assignments to other team pages

Be able to copy assignments from one team page to another team page

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tab key in Excel Online within Teams selects Teams Back Button

When I have the Desktop version of Teams open and I edit an Excel doc within Teams (using Excel online), the tab key selects the Teams back button (the top-left UI element) rather than sending the tab to excel online. Tab is such a commonly used key within excel (e.g. add a new line to a table) that this issue makes excel a frustrating experience.

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. File locking bug in SharePoint - frequently get file locks.

File locking has been an issue in SharePoint for as long as I can remember, now carried forward into TEAMs.

This is an obstacle to our adoption of TEAMs - people get frustrated by it (including our TEAMs support team!).

Frequently unable to save my files because TEAMs/SharePoint believes another user (Me!) has it locked. Only answer (as ShaePoint won't let you rename or delete the original whilst locked) is to save a copy, close the file, wait 30 min or so and then hope TEAMs/SharePoint has sorted itself and delete the old file.

Seems to me that it happens…

244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Decorate recent Files that are dead links

In Files Recent, if a file has moved, stop confusion by proactively decorating the missing item. Optionally report what happened to that file somehow.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. And just why when I download a file from Teams, I'm not provided an option to select the location to save the file?

And just why does Teams NOT provide me with an option to select the location to save a downloaded file to or otherwise inform me of the specific location that was downloaded to? Isn't that like asking someone "where's the car is" to which the person responds "in the a parking lot"? Technically correct, but utterly useless.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.