Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. We cant get your files- Where is the scalable Azure!

Hi Teams Team,
    My files for the last few days are not always available. This is very frustrating and odd considering that there is Microsoft Azure....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let files can be accessed and added in Teams

When I register an IP address and restrict Device Access, the files which in Teams cannot be accessed or added.
    Please let files can be accessed and added in Teams even it restrict Device Access.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Cannot open link file types from with the Files tab

I dragged some URL link items from a folder in OneDrive into the Files section in Teams

When I click on these URL links from within the Teams Files tab they do not open to a website, instead they try to download

If I click to the actual library within Sharepoint, and then click these URL links, they open ok (ie. they take you to a website)

Why don't they open from within the Teams Files tab?

BTW - I noticed in the "New" menu in the Teams Files tab you can create a new folder…

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Files can set default folder path or save opened folder.

Hi Teams,

When I open the Files in the Teams, I prefer to open my last folder or I can set default folder One Drive path in files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remember the last folder you where in when you attach links from OneDrive

When attaching files from OneDrive remember the previous location rather than navigation through the folders every time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Save email attachment directly to a Team

Using Outlook on the web I can save an attachment to ODB, locally, or preview. It's important for user adoption of Teams to be able to save directly to the Teams SP site in the appropriate folder.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Select text in file preview

When we preview a file in Teams we cannot select and copy text from it. Seems silly. Why not?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unable to Post Files from Dropbox in Private Chat

Thank you so much for adding the Dropbox Integration! Love it...

One request though, it doesn't exist for *private chats*, only for *teams*... See attached screenshot. The Dropbox option is missing from my private Chat, even though I have added my dropbox account and am able to post from dropbox to the team.

Can we please make Private Chat behave just like a private, informal Team? We need the file attachment function to work identically in chats as it does in teams... When I post a message to somebody, I should be able to always just include an attachment, and…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Multiple File Storage Accounts from Same Cloud Provider (i.e. allow access to multiple Dropbox accounts)

Hi please allow access to multiple file storage accounts from the same cloud provider. For example, please allow access to multiple Google Drive or Dropbox accounts. Thanks!!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. a dedicated library/list for every Channel or one library dedicated for Teams.

a dedicated library/list for every Channel or one library dedicated for Teams.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. convert sharepoint link to teams file attachment

In a conversation if I want to share a file that's in the files section I can click the paperclip and select "browse teams and channels" to reference a file in teams. That's great.

If I'm in the files section and decide I want to share a file with someone my only option is to copy a SharePoint link and paste that link into a conversation, but that link bounces me to SharePoint in a browser.

It would be nice to have an extra option in the files section to copy a "Teams Link" or "add this file to a…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Box.com files integration desperately needs a search function

The Box.com integration for files is a welcome addition - however the file browser in all aspects of the Box integration is missing a simple search box.

I'm invited to hundreds of folders so the current UI that only supports scrolling through a long list of folders is not workable.

PLEASE add a search box to these UI's for selecting Box.com files and folders. This is a standard I've seen in many other Box integrations.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Connect General Channel to all root folders in SharePoint Site

A little nuance when creating a Team from an existing group is that the SharePoint files which were associated with that group are not available immediately. This is due to the fact that each Channel creates a folder in the document library so the 'General' channel creates an empty folder called 'General'. To get existing files into the Team you have to create Channels with the same name as the root level SharePoint folders.

This is pretty confusing for our users and takes significant time / creates a lot of unnecessary channels when people have a lot of root folders.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support address start with \\

Currently, Teams supports prefix like http. Http address become clickable. But it does not support file server access prefix like \\. Many of our customer still uses local file server. They cannot bring their high confidential data to cloud by their security policy. They expect Teams can point and make clickable the address start with \\.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Edit in Excel" direct link

Hi Guys
    The Mac version does not let you jump from a file view directly to the Desktop app for editing (makes you go through the web editor from which you can open to desktop). The PC app has the option. This doubles the time we take to edit files on desktop (can't do everything on web) and it's a big productivity delay on Mac. Can we have the direct link added to the Mac version please? Thanks!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Easier File Contents Searching

Current File search functionality can tell which files contain certain content but do not take the user to that page of the file (in the case of, e.g., a PDF) nor highlight the searched text. Once a document is displayed, neither is there a Find/Ctrl+F function. These would be very welcome additions.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Open Team Files Directly From Word / Excel

Many times people in my organization need to access the files that are in Teams directly from Word. I know this is possible by adding an Online Place and entering the SharePoint link, but this process is not practical. It should be that once a user logs into Word that they instantly have access to all the files of teams they belong to.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drag and drop files into different channels/ teams

In the files tab of each channel, the only option is to move a file from one channel to another in the SAME team.. We should be able to move files into different teams too.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. track changes to documents

New to this so hope I'm not missing a feature that's already there.
    Can't seem to find a way to track changes made by individual team members to documents as we do with MS Word out of the box.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.