Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to place shortcuts to desktop files/folders in a channel.

You only appear to allow files in cloud storage (whether sharepoint/dropbox or whatever) to be accessed. Would be very useful if you could also allow shortcuts to desktop files/folders to be included, rather than having to download what is already on the desktop

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assignments - bulk download

I'd like to be able to bulk download student work so that I don't have to open the files one at a time online. When students write reports for grading, these are saved as .pdf files and I want to be able to download all of them at once and save them in my Assessment folder rather than having to download one at a time.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drag and Drop Pictures/Video Out of Teams

Drag and Drop images or video out of team channel message directly into app like Adobe Photoshop or Premier

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. adobe

Drag and Drop images or video out of team channel message directly into app like Adobe Photoshop or Premier

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Files available for download indicator needed

After a file is uploaded to a team there should be an indicator of how many files are available for downloading

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. open folder after download

Have the downloads folder open after a file downloads to make it easy to access.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Insert docs from OneDrive Team Files into Staff Notebook

It seems very odd that users can't choose from their own OneDrive documents or even the Teams shared Files and insert them into the Teams Notebook. Users only have the ability to select from documents stored on their device itself. Is this every going to come to fruition?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can you place a icon where saved chat will be visible

If I have saved any chat message, then that saved message can be placed into saved chat or saved files?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to move files from Team/Channel to a private chat

When first setting up Teams we had one channels that was really just for the team leads to discuss things, create budget forecasts, etc. At first it was fine that all information was accessible to the entire team but over time we realized maybe it shouldn't be. I would love if I could just "move" the files we have in the channel to our private chat. For now I will download the files I want to remove and re-upload them to the private chat - though I lose the history and editing information.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sync files from PC or Mac directly to Team folders / channels via Finder or Windows Explorer

Allow users to sync files from Windows PC or Mac directly to Teams folders / channels via Finder or Windows explorer. The current process is quite slow and laborious with the amount of steps one has to take in order to save files or share them.

OneDrive does this presently, but only for individuals. My team is looking for a SHARED drive where we can all save and send files and folders for our campaigns directly to the Teams folder via Sites - but the current process requires users to first save to their desktop and drag into the Teams…

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Box docs open options

Currently, you can link to Box cloud storage in MS Teams and open documents in the online version of the tool; i.e. Excel Online, Word Online, PPT Online. But you are not given the option to open the Box file in the desktop app.

It would beneficial if you can have the option to open the file either in the online or desktop environments. If you can't do it from Teams at least be given the option once you are in the online environment. So if I open an Excel file stored in Box and it opens up in Excel…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. uploading files with existing folder structure

In OneDrive i can just drag and drop a whole folder structure. I don't have to think about File size or anything. I would like to behave teams the same.

Best would be that files can be dragged in Teams Files, they are saved in OneDrive and sharing is automatically set for the team.

I tried this like 3 weeks ago with alot of webinar videos i wanted to share with my team, and experience was horrible.

First: file size was to big
    Second: Folder structure was not uploaded
    Third: Could not really upload anything, as with no folder structure…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. About what

The fable

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Redirect files tab to the sharepoint document folder of the team site or give the possibility to hide the files tab.

Redirect files tab to the sharepoint document folder of the team site or give the possibility to hide the files tab.

617 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

120 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. attach links to documents for external editing

Be able to send Team document via a link to external users.
    Currently only people in our organization can view/edit the documents and the change settings won't work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to move folders?

You can give us the ability to move folders in addition to the ability to move a file (please).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Send uploaded files immoderately. Currently you have to wait downloading and then press Send button

When you drag-and-drop a file in edit message area, the file begins to upload. When the file will be uploaded, message which contains the file will not be send automatically. You have to wait for uploading and then press the Send button to make other person possibility to view or download the file.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Files in general tab should point to root of standard document library

We're moving into Teams with several SharePoint Online (SPO) sites already created. When creating a Team by connecting to something existing, we see that the Files-tab in the General channel points to a new folder in the corresponding SPO site's, and when viewing files from Teams our colleagues don't see all the material they have already created.

My suggestion is that when creating a new team from Teams or connecting to existing resources, the File-tab should point to the root of the SPO site's standard document library (which I presume is always present).

The benefit for those with existing SPO…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move Folder

I would like folders to have the same options as individual files. When highlighting a file in the root directory you get the option to move the file. I would like to be able to consolidate folders. Currently you have to do this process via SharePoint.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base