Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Timestamp report of people entering/exiting meetings

I could really use an automated feature that records meeting attendance along with join/leave timestamps. In addition to attendance, I could tie this back to employee cost rates and quantify how much meetings are costing. Live updates would be wonderful so that I could display on screen a dynamic ticker that demonstrates how much the meeting has cost so far...but secondary preference would be an Excel file added to the meeting chat after the meeting close.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to preview unknown file types as plain text

When trying to preview a file whose file type is unknown to Teams, there is only the possibility to download the file. Instead there should be an additional button (or other kind of action) to display the file as plain text.

This helps quickly previewing files where you know that the file is a text file but Teams does not know how to handle it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Protect files from deletion

The admin (and other delegated authorities) needs to be able to protect files from accidental/deliberate deletion by others. A previous post on this subject (link below) was marked 'Completed' but the answer was simply to recover from the recycle bin - which might be useful if you know it's gone, but if you are dealing with hundreds of files, you may not know something isn't there any more.

Rather than relying on a recovery capability, can't we just protect it in the first place?

Previous post here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18697453-protect-files-from-deletion

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Forward files to another person

Usecase: I was sent a file by a person from a different team to work on using personal chat message. I want to send the file to my team or another individual for working on it/update.
    Right now I have to download the file, and then go the intended recipient's chat window and upload.
    Takes a lot of time, and involves unnecessary step more importantly, it's a psychological barrier.
    Just a forward feature even before you download will solve this. Especially very important feature who moves to MS teams from Slack/Flock platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple selection of OneDrive files

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive からのファイルの複数選択
    Multiple selection of OneDrive files
    ■Description(内容):
    現時点での動作では、チャットや会話にて、クリップのアイコンから [OneDrive] を開いた場合、OneDrive for Business 上のファイルを一度に複数選択することができない。
    都度、1 ファイルをアップロード後、再度クリップのアイコンから [OneDrive] を開いて次のファイルを選択する、といった操作が必要で手間であるため、[OneDrive] からも複数ファイルを一度に選択できるようにしてほしい。

Currently, if you open OneDrive by clicking on the clip icon in chats or conversations, you are unable to then select multiple files at once from OneDrive for Business.
    Having to open the menu and select the new file after each one is uploaded is inconvenient, so please add the ability to select multiple files at once from that button.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Incorporate Meta Data into Teams

We have mandatory meta data requirements on files that are placed on SharePoint. When documents are uploaded to Teams it uploads them to SharePoint in the back end with no options for tagging them. I would like to be able to upload a document in Teams and tag that document with its appropriate meta data without having to go into SharePoint. Currently there are no options for applying meta data to documents in Teams.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. If the author has set the file to Read-Only, "Edit" in Teams should open the File Read-Only

I have some Excel files, which are used to calculate something based on the content of one cell. To prevent the formulas to be changes I have set the file in Excel as "Read Only". If the file is stored in Teams, and I open them in the desktop app, I can change the cell which the input for my calculation, the sheet calculates, and I really have to consciently save the file. If I click on the "Edit" button to open the file in the Teams App, it will open the file in rw-mode - which will generate a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to be able to export a SharePoint file to Excel from within Teams.

I have a database in SharePoint that can be accessed from within Teams but the option to export to Excel is removed when SharePoint is used in Teams Please consider adding this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Files results in search should show the full location

Looking for a file location after you search for it is difficult. Obviously you can open the file, but that does not help. The entire location should be displayed. It would be under the title in the File results list, but it usually is cut off. I normally have to "open in SharePoint" to see where it is. That's really annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hide the Open in Desktop App option from the menu

I want to block users from opening desktop apps, so I would like to hide or disable the Open in Desktop App option from the file menu for which uploaded in a team.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it so you can access all work etc on teams on moblies not just desktop.

Its an amazing design, but its difficult when you can't see if someone uploads something on teams and you can only see it on a desktop, but you can't access it on your phone or tablet while using teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Jave files as the default on folder selection NOT conversation tab

You want feedback yet the link you send for us to click into, brings us to a page with a wall of blurb on it where it is difficult to pick out the feedback button? Then the box you fill out about ideas is just a title box with no indication of its character limit until you begin typing your idea to discover it's just the title of the idea? Who actually designs this stuff, anyone with UX skills?? Why why on earth when I click on a folder does it default to the conversation tab? I am looking for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. file download and drag and drop

Please introduce drag and drop in teams to download and also to downloading folders as a whole rather than having to download individual files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatically give an access to new users for previous uploaded files in the private meeting

After having a private meeting, it would be great if Teams would automatically give an access to newly invited users for files that was used in the meeting previously.
    Currently we need to give an access to the users who are joined to the meeting later.
    Some companies would prefer to do so, so I would like to ask you to implement a feature to enable/disable the automatic file access at tenant-based.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Saved Emails visable in full format with attachments

For emails with attachments that are saved in MS Teams, in order to access them, we need to download them from the site. Would like the capability to be established where when we click on the saved email, it opens up entirely with attachments, without having to download to view it..... Counter productive..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can’t open files in the conversation via Open in Desktop App after changing the file name or folder

If you post a message with attachment and change the file name or folder after posting, the link gets invalid, and you can’t access the file via Open in Desktop App. You can open it via online as alternative method, but I would like to open it via desktop app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Send attachments much quicker

1. I want easily to send attachments just by dragging them into the window of the teams chat. Right now, I need to drag it directly in the small text field instead of dragging it somewhere in the window. It occures very often that you don't meet the area and have to try it again.

2. I don't want to wait until it's uploaded to make it possible to send the message. I wanna drag the file in and press send no matter if it's uploaded already or not. The upload could occur afterwards.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There should be an option to specify folder when downloading a file from Teams

There should be an option to specify folder when downloading a file from Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams shared Photo in chat

In the current situation, there is a time that we can't find easily the photo shared in the chatbox especially the important one. We are scrolling the messages until we saw the photo shared.
    Suggesting to have a photo shared section, wherein all the photo in the chat will be combine.
    Reader of the chat will helps to access easily the important images in the chatbox.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base