Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to find where linked files are located

either I get a link or a file name, and I get to open the file, I still cannot see where in the file tree it's located. I might need to find adjacent files, but this is NOT user friendly. Still not figured it out. Every time had to ask the one sending the file/link.
    WE NEED A FILE/FOLDER TREE STRUCTURE ALSO

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Downloading multiple files together without zipping them

When downloading multiple files, they are auto-compressed and zipped. But we would like you to implement a feature that can download each single file simultaneously.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Channel

For the emails sent to a channel, the folder in files should be named after the subject, instead of "email messages".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. if you dont have a previewer for a file then just download the thing instead of trying to show a preview and apology

trying to show the preview screen when you dont have a previewer is a waste of my time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability so save documents, wiki and posts to the computer

It would be great if it's possible to download all content from a teams page i.e. posts, wiki and documents, to a folder on the computer for archiving purposes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How to check when and by whom changes were made to files across all of SharePoint Online at once

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online 全体のファイルに対して、どのタイミングでどのユーザーが変更を加えたかを一度で確認する方法について
    How to check when and by whom changes were made to files across all of SharePoint Online at once

■Description(内容):
    現在 SharePoint Online を利用しファイルの共有等をユーザーごとに実施しています。
    社内管理のために、テナント全体の共有ファイルを対象として、いつ、だれが変更を加えたのかを監査ログで確認できる設定を希望します。
    既にある監査ログの機能を利用し、"ファイル、フォルダー、またはサイトの共有" 条件にて一度レポートを出力し、ファイルの特定ができた状態で "ファイルの変更" 条件にて該当のファイルをフィルター設定の上ログを出力することは可能です。
    しかし、この手順ではかなりの工数が発生するため一括でログの取得ができる機能を要望します。
    Currently, action such as the sharing of files, etc. are performed on a per-user basis by using SharePoint Online.
    For internal management purposes, I’d like to be able to check audit logs to find when changes were made to shared files and by whom.
    It is possible to output logs on the filter settings of files in the condition of “Change files” that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to be notified when new files are uploaded

When part of a team, it would be really helpful to be able to set notification when files are uploaded so that if you are waiting for items to be shared, you do not have to keep checking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. export the contents list

export the contents list from any folder, sub-folders, document list etc. to a word document, email or destination of choice

This will allow a list of folders and the document/excel/pp names to be sent for briefing others instead of having to manually type out every one.
    (this is a carry over issue from the same inability to make a content list from a network drive)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Navigation of Files is appallingly bad. You enter a folder, but you can't see where you are, and you can't navigate back up the tree.

Navigation of Files is appallingly bad. You enter a folder, but you can't see where you are, and you can't navigate back up the tree.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Be able to markup and make comments on a PDF within Microsoft Teams

We would like to be able to markup and make comments on a PDF within Microsoft Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hyperlinking Network Directories

This NEEDS to happen, Sharepoint is not able to hold files that are large.

We are using Teams/Planner to track launches of product designs relative to customer demands. I dont want to have multiple copies of the same file floating around (asking for trouble with data management).

Why Isnt this a default option. I just need a hyperlink to be able to share with those internal to our organization.... Isnt that what Teams is for?!?!?!?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Link to files on shared external drive

I would like to link to files and folders on our shared drives (in a manner similar to how Adobe InDesign creates links to locations of files on a computer)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make an option to save a copy of a file

My team likes to edit files and save them under a different file name so that we can keep track of the file edits. The only "save" feature in Teams Files tab is to change the name of a file, but it doesn't save it as a separate file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to Sort or Search for Dropbox Folders when you Add Cloud Storage

When I try to add a specific folder in a Team Channel using the Files -> + Add Cloud Storage -> Dropbox, the folders are not listed in any usable order. They're also not sortable or searchable.

Adding a dropbox folder is very difficult and tedious.

It would be helpful if we could Sort the folders alphabetically or do a search.

Here is a link to the problem.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/difficult-to-add-a-dropbox-to-a-team-channel-files-not-sorted/m-p/1083760

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add SharePoint document library to a Team, not a channel

To access a teams document library you have to create it in a particular channel. Why?! Can you not just add the Teams sharepoint document library beneath the Teams header, maybe as a pinned item so users can access files easier.

My organisation is still on network drives and the whole web browser experience of files is so alien to them, however if the teams sharepoints document library were to be incorporated into a quick and easy access point in the app they would snap my hand off as they could collaborate but also get access to files very easily.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add function to display PDF signatures in the PDF viewer within Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Teams 内の PDF ビューアーで PDF の署名が表示できるよう機能の拡充を希望
    Add function to display PDF signatures in the PDF viewer within Teams

■Description(内容):
    ブラウザー上の Teams と デスクトップ アプリの Teams で PDF を開くと PDF に入力されている署名 (手入力したもの、画像) が表示されないため、Teams 内のビューアーでも PDF の署名を表示できるよう、機能の拡充を希望します。
    Since the signatures in PDF files (input by hand, an image) are not displayed if the PDF files are opened in the browser-based or desktop versions of Teams, I hope to see the expansion of the Teams PDF viewer’s functionality to allow the display of these signatures.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to share or attach files saved on sharepoint (externally) via email

It doesn't appear you can attach a file directly to an email if you need to share externally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Recover zip password via eSoftTools zip password recovery

Recover zip password via eSoftTools zip password recovery software is the easiest way. Because of this user can get back his password without losing saved data by applying Mask attack, Brute-force attack, and Dictionary attack. It recovers all password combinations like- a-z, A-Z,1-0, @-$ etc.within few minutes. It comes with a free demo version which allows only three letters of the password.

More Info:- https://www.esofttools.com/zip-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Now we can able to see the updation of the files but we cant see the last creation date and time

Now we can able to see the last updating of the files but we cant see the last creation date and time, by whom it was created

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base