Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I need the ability to add signature to documents and Excel files easily with out some sort of account subscription or hassle.

I need to be able to have people sign off on hours. This needs to be easily done without a subscription process and emailing and downloading documents back and forth. The documentation should be allowed in Excel, Word and Acrobat. Signatures are a pain now and this needs to be and should be a mobile friendly option that is easily allowed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Save as" or an option to choose where to download the online files.

It crossed my mind that a "Save as" or an option to choose where to download the online files in the system would be useful. When seeing an online file, if I want to download it, it doesn't allow the user to save the file in a specific folder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版で IRM で保護されたフォイルを展開できるようにして欲しい。
    I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.
    ■Description(内容):
    IRM で保護されたドキュメントは、Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版のどちらもエラーが発生し、直接展開ができないため、ドキュメントのダウンロードをしなくても Microsoft Teams 上で直接展開する機能の実装をして欲しい。
    Attempting to open an IRM protected file trough the web version or desktop version of Teams returns an error, and the file can’t be opened. I want to be able to open these documents directly in Teams, instead of having to download and open them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Downloading/uploading files: Outlook-Teams

Why is it not possible to drag and drop attachments from Outlook directly into Teams? I have to drag them onto my desktop and then into Teams, which seems like a waste of time. Outlook and Teams should be able to drag files across to one another.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. PDF viewer broken on macOS Catalina

After installing macOS Catalina, when I try to open PDF files in Teams, I see black screen. If I copy the link and past it in Safari- I can see content. I assume Teams PDF viewer does not work with the new version of macOS Catalina.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. File Size

It would be great, if the shared files can be forwarded.

Display file size along with file and download status would be an additional feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show the formula bar in Excel files to see the content in the cell when using readonly mode in Teams

When viewing an Excel file from the Teams client (web) app, you cannot see all the content in a single cell. I would be nice if you could click on that cell and the content would display in a read only display bar, for example the formula bar, similar to the Excel Desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. should have forward button for chat

should have forward button for chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Teams act like more Windows Explorer

1. Allow user to add more than 1 file at a time (multi-select) to Outlook email when pulling files from Teams
    2. Allow user to edit the file tree (e.g., delete a file, create a folder, drag/move files) during the attach file process in Outlook when pulling files from Teams
    3. Enable drag and move files in general in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move/Copy files from other MS apps like Outlook email to channel files

Being able to move a file from another MS app, like Outlook, to a channel files, without having to copy it to your local drive first would be a real timesaver for some

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Set default application to open respective files for organization wide

It would be really convenient if we could set default application to open respective files in tenant level, for example; set Acrobat Reader as the default application for opening PDF files. Currently we have to select appropriate application each time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Channel / Subdirectory Permission Mapping Team, Sharepoint, OneDriveBusiness

If Teams Admin is limiting members or guests to create /delete channels -- Sharepoint does still everything -- even for Guest -- like delete
    Prio1 sync permissions from Team with Sharepoint at least for channels
    Prio2 limit "create" folder in Files to Owners only -- members only - or all as options

Prio3 have SPO and ODB in sync as well - so all tools show the similar scurity style - and sharing shows same results using one of 3 tools

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Implement Print Function for Files in Teams

There should be an option to print directly from a file preview in teams without opening the file in excel, word e.g. first

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatic File Send After Attaching

After attaching a file (that is fairly large), you have to wait to hit the send button. Sometimes I will go do a few other things will I wait and completely forget to go back to teams - only to find out that hours ago I meant to send a file. It be nice to attach a large file (100MB or greater) and hit the send button and when the file is finished uploading to teams, it automatically sends for you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When navigating files within the app, right mouseclick should only go one step back, not back to main menu.

It's very frustrating that right clicking brings you back to the main menu, not the previous folder in the directory.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Uploaded image preview in conversation

When I upload an image into a chat, it would be nice to get an actual preview of it in the writing area (like Hangouts does) instead of just a tag with the file name. That way you can visually double check if you are sending the right image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve file uploading

There are a few things I would like to be able to do in order to upload files to my Teams more efficiently:
    1. Upload an entire folder of files to Teams instead of having to create the folder on Teams and then uploading the individual files to it.
    2. Upload the same files/folders to multiple Teams at once.
    3. Copy or move an entire folder rather than just individual files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I need to delete a file I uploaded in a team File and replace with updated

I need to delete a file I uploaded in a team File and replace with updated

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set all owners automatically to "following" the General channel for their Team

We've learned that only the creator of the Team becomes owner+follower. Additional owners added later are not following - they must explicitly/manually follow it BUT the site doesn't show up even in recent, so you have to switch to Classic OneDrive, follow, then revert to Modern experience. Eliminate this pain for owners! OR GIVE US A "VIEW ALL' LINK IN ONEDRIVE (why was that ever taken away???)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 57 58
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.