Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make files or folders in a channel temporary invisible

When there’s an online test, I’d like to set some files or folders temporary invisible without removing them. For example with an icon “eye open”, “eye shut”. I want to keep the files in the channel, but I often don’t want my students to be able to open them during a test.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Displaying Download % or Download bar

Adding a download bar so as to check % of the file downloaded and the amount of time to wait for the file to finish download. This helps while downloading large files for which people have to wait for a lot of time

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Delete the message

When we attach file in any classroom...and by mistake if we upload wrong one...why can we delete it.!??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Adding shared drives in Teams as files repositories just like we can do with SharePoint

Currently, my team is storing files in three different places: SharePoint, Teams, and shared drives. It would be great having the possibility to add our shared drives in Teams Apps as a file repository, the same way we can do with SharePoint repositories.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. One File to rule them all

Request: a possibility like with Symlink or mklink to create a File under the General Channel and use than links in all other Channels which are referring to this file without creating a copy of it. So this Masterfile is only stored in one location in this Team.

https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/mklink

https://kb.iu.edu/d/abbe

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add option to save files to Teams folder from Outlook.

No hay forma de guardar los archivos desde el outlook en folder de Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Download monitor

Give us a download monitor so I can see what I am downloading, monitor progress or stop it if I want

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MOVING FOLDERS

it has a long way to go to get user-friendly. How about the ability to move FOLDERS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams needs an "Account" page

Teams needs an "Account" page similar to that found in other Office 365 apps: Word, Excel, etc., showing how the user is logged in. My organization was purchased by a larger company, and we've gone through a protracted (years) process of migration of email accounts, logins, etc. I have multiple identities, and I need all the help I can get figuring out how I'm logged in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Files sharing available 1-on-1 too

Hi,

It would be very helpful if file sharing would be available in chats with only two people involved.

Additionally, it would be very useful to find these files at any time after sharing.

Thanks you,
    Carmen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change default file behavior Editing/Reviewing

Would be great to be able to change the default opening behaviour for files on an adhoc basis.

Excel files currently open in editing mode, having the ability to change it to open in vieweing mode by default for anyone who opens it will prevent users accidentally editing the file unless its intentional.

Implementing this to all office files would be amazing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a context menu to synced files

Background:
    After syncing files to the local machine, they are accessible in Windows Explorer. This is critical because navigating files within the Teams interface is terribly clunky.

Problem:
    When navigating a synced folder in Explorer, certain commands are not available. Namely, copying the file location and sharing the link to someone else. and deleting folders (after deleting in the synced folder they remain in Teams).

Suggestion:
    Add a context menu upon right click for synced files/folders from Explorer to allow these operations and more.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Save/Export Word/Excel/PPT files as PDF directly to Teams

Ability to save/export files as a PDF directly to Teams/Cloud/Sharepoint/etc. and not your computer. Right now you have to go to the file in Teams, save as PDF, it saves the PDF to your computer, then you have to upload the PDF to teams. It should just save directly in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Files - Downloads Management

Somehow the Downloads in the files section got neglected. What about:

1. Provide the option for renaming files, example all videos downloaded will be Video, Video(1), Video(2). A rename option will work wonders for post download, because opening the folder and renaming there breaks the link to the file.

2. What about setting the location for a folder of your choice. All the files go to the default Downloads folder.

3. Can we add more download locations to have more options or to move files between download locations?

4. Possibly allow the file to be moved to Cloud Storage locations?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to limit the files that can be opened in chat only to the administrator.

I want to limit the files that can be opened in chat only to the administrator.
    (管理者のみチャット上のファイルを開けるよう制限したい。)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop sync and remove local files

If I close or archive a team, it would be great if synchronizing files from that team could be stopped and local synchronized files securely removed.

Maybe only by owners, when done centrally for all users.

New button to turn off Sync, replacing Synch-button, when Sync is turned on. [Synchronize on/off]. When turned off, all local synched files should securely be removed from local disc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop sync and remove local files

If I close or archive a team, it would be great if synchronizing files from that team could be stopped and local synchronized files securely removed.

Maybe only by owners, when done centrally for all users.

New button to turn off Sync, replacing Synch-button, when Sync is turned on. [Synchronize on/off]. When turned off, all local synched files should securely be removed from local disc.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide/Show files sequencially as per course/chapter

I would like to suggest the possibility of hiding files or folders in the Files section of a Team, the same as happens with Teams that can be hidden.

This way, once I finish my school year with my students, I can "empty"
    my Team of students and hide all the files that I shared with them during the year..

I will enroll my new students after summer, but I don´t want my students to see all those files at once and from the beginning, so the teacher will be disclosing them as we move forward in the school year.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add an undo button in the files tabs

ADD AN UNDO BUTTON
    I accidentally deleted a file and had a very difficult time restoring

1 vote
    Sign in