Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Files - Move to "Add a tab" dialogue

Instead of having the Files tab hardwired to each channel, allow the user to remove the default Files tab and add named file tabs pointing to specific folders within a SharePoint document library. This would enable the user to rename the SharePoint library folder and re-add the file tab to another named library folder (existing request) as well as add additional focused file tabs to the channel for specific folders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. stop the edit mode in Teams Files

The new way files open in Teams is a big problem. Now when we click on the file in Teams, the Teams edit mode opens as default with no notification that's what's happened. This is a nightmare for our users who benefited from the read-only view and then had to select if and how they wanted to edit the file. This is seriously going to have a negative effect on adoption.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unique file accounts per user/chat

If I am sharing a file that has the same filename that I already shared anywhere else in Team - in another chat or team, I am always prompted to say that this file already exists - even though I might not have ever share it in this particular chat. It would be great if I could share same files individually to different users and chats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. we will have an option to delete the conversation

we will have an option to delete the conversation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make users who supplied the file open it in editing mode, and users who open the file open it in viewing mode

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams クライアントで Office ファイルを開く際、ファイルを提供する側が編集モードで開く、ファイルを開く側が閲覧モードで開く機能について
    Make users who supplied the file open it in editing mode, and users who open the file open it in viewing mode

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams クライアントで Office ファイルを開く際、ファイルのロックや、誤って編集されるのを防止するため、ファイルを提供する側が編集モードで開く、ファイルを開く側が閲覧モードで開くようにする機能を実装してほしい。
    In order to prevent file locks and accidental editing when opening Office files using the Microsoft Teams client, please make it so that the user who supplied the file opens it in editing mode, and users who open the file open it in viewing mode.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create Team from Windows Explorer

It would have been fantastic if you could just mark a folder in Windows Explorer and then just press «Create Team» to make a Teams-Team out of it with all the files and structure included in the new Team, You would propably need a plug-in module for the Windows Explorer, but if you could do this, the change from traditional servers archives to Teams would have been super efficient. This operation should make the original folder dissappear from the server of course, so you dont have to deal with double-up archives.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide notification/communication in the UI when changes are made to Teams that are not in the road map or announced.

Provide notification/communication of updated or changes features that aren't published elsewhere. E.G. today's removal of Edit Button within Teams and making editing native when you open a MS application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Video playback

Our teams love posting motivational videos throughout the day, but as of right now it posts the file rather than having a key image with a play button and playing the video. I think this would be a great change to make and would help us out a lot after moving from groupme!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Attach file which already exists

When you try to upload a file to a chat which is already in teams, you get a notification: "This file already exists" with options to "Keep both" or "Replace"

I want a third option to attach the preexisting file, instead of uploading a new one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like the ability to put a label on a file.

I often need to upload the same file name (.exe) but the versions are different. I would like the ability to put a label on the file that describes the version # of the .exe. This will allow my end-users to see the version without having to rename the .exe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide Teams app the ability to preview all image and video format like .mov and .heif

Support more image and video format from Iphone, .mov and .heif

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow admins to decide the site structure resulting from the creation of Team Channels

I have noticed multiple times since the release of MS Teams that getting a folder inside the default Documents library each time you create a new channel doesn't fit the architectural needs of the site.
    I, as admin, would like to be able to pick from the following 3 structural options when configuring new Teams:
    1. Default behavior, getting a folder inside Shared Documents library for the new Channel.
    2. New document library for the new channel.
    3. New Subsite (with default Shared Documents library) for the new Channel.

This doesn't have to be too complicated, if the new level…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow team owners to restrict the deletion of files by members and guests

I would appreciate if Team owners could restrict the ability to delete files and folders within channels. Our organization posts training documents to Teams and sometimes our global affiliates need to localize the documents. I would like to restrict the ability to edit or delete the original document and require all users to save a copy in order to edit files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link to google photos from iPad

It would be great if I could link to a shared album on Google photos

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The setting for change download path storage.

The setting for change download path storage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Files wont show up in the app

Files wont show in the app on my IPad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. it would be great if there was a feature to allow the rotation of images within Teams

Images in the teams app cannot be rotated unless the image is first downloaded. It would be fantastic

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Blacklining or comparewrite functionality needed for Team documents

To be an excellent, or even useable, collaboration tool, the changes made by each team member must be be transparent. Blacklining? Compare?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)