Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile upload of pictures to conversation should be added files

When uploading pictures to a conversation they are not added to the files section. It would be nice if these were added to a folder called pictures in a similar way email messages are auto added to the email messages folder.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Read files on mobile app in free version

At the very least I should be able to read Word and Excel files, and OneNote notebooks on the mobile app when using the free version of teams

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to be able to sort the files in alphabetical order and they stay that way. I can do it for the minute I am on that screen.

I would like to be able to copy an past files into each other or move files from one folder to another.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Android App: Cannot Add new Tab (e.g.OneNote) to Channel

I Cannot Add new Tab (e.g.OneNote) to Channel in Teams App.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please provide a way to download in a readable file format on a personal computer and save it

Please provide a way to download in a readable file format on a personal computer and save it

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Save email attachment directly to a Team

Using Outlook on the web I can save an attachment to ODB, locally, or preview. It's important for user adoption of Teams to be able to save directly to the Teams SP site in the appropriate folder.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Higher File View Limitation in Channel

It seems that the FILE VIEW in a channel is limited to the number of items it can display. Our corresponding SharePoint Site shows all the files, but when we try to look at that same Folder within Teams, it is not showing everything.

Users must OPEN IN SHAREPOINT to see all of their shared team files, and this adds a step to their workflow that never existed when they exclusively used the file share.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Files In Teams Function More Like Windows Explorer

The Windows File Explorer has always been great at handling and moving files. In Teams, moving and managing files and folders is very inefficient. Having folder trees and drag and drop capability would make the experience much much better. We really want to use Teams as a front end for our OneDrive store, and use OneDrive as a file share for remote users. This is currently not an option as using Teams in this manner is rather inefficient.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need a way to view FAVORITE files or a Most Recently Used file list

I have a handful of spreadsheets that I use constantly. There doesn't seem to be any way to go to Teams | Files and view any sort of Recently used files like I can if I open Excel. I also don't see any way to flag a file as a Favorite file. Either of these options would make it much easier to find the files I need.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. “Hide” or “Post” files/folders in files section

I would like to be able to use the same team every academic year but only “release” course documents as they are required.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. document metadata

Please improve the features and functionality of the File/Library Interface

Content of the chaotic document kind is still the main reasons people use computers and Office 365 (including teams) is focused on that content.

The use of Files in Teams pointing to the SharePoint library has been made too simple.

Over the coming few years I would like to see some basic SharePoint Library functionality introduced into the File tab 'view' of the SharePoint library

Being able to add a Column for simple things like Status e.g. Marking document as draft or published
    Being able to group by metadata e.g.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Links/attachments in chat

If you attach an item to a chat it will be saved in the files section of the channel. But if you are chatting about a document and you want to reference it you do not want to save it to the channel as it is already in another folder of the SP Site. To create a copy in the channel does not make sense as you are creating duplicates. a link would be the solution.

461 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature is still in the works. No additional details are available at this time.
    -Warren

13. Re-naming file error - Sorry, we couldn't find your file

I started a conversation on a file, which posted it into the conversation feed

Then I went to the Files tab and renamed the file

Now when I click the file at the top of the existing thread in the conversation stream, it says "Sorry, we couldn't find your file."

Basically when you rename a file, the existing post of that file in the conversation feed does not know the file has been renamed

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Folder Views: Modifying View/Creating Views: Reduced in Teams

Teams is all about making a collaborative experience easy while still using great SharePoint tools.

Due to the organizational features of the teams document library (folders within folders), you lose the ability to create modified views of the files without affecting the whole library. For example, in SharePoint, most people work within multiple libraries, one on the main page and other libraries on the sub-sites. This type of organizational structure allows for the creation of multiple views for specific stakeholders involved. Additional columns can be created for one library and not the other, and so forth. It allows for greater…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to view files in the chat (such as Emails, etc.) directly within Teams

It would be nice to be able to view a file contained in the chat window in Teams rather than downloading it. Alternatively, ask the user to view in Teams or open in the default app / download it. Slack does this well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to duplicate groups

Each time I open up my Group 10B's Content Library the folders are not in the order I left them. This is very frustrating. It stays in the correct order for ALL my other classes except this one. If it were easy to copy files over to another group I would delete the 10B Group and start a new one. There should be a way to duplicate an entire group as I am a school teacher and have more than 1 class as a Group on Teams, which need the same files. If I could duplicate a group and rename…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open Excel files in Excel!

Don't be greedy and think that Teams is the answer to everything, Excel files should open in Excel, not in a "XLSX File viewer" that hijacks the whole Teams window.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Access files

First don’t give suggestions on how to find an independent resolution. Second, folks need to be able to access the files on the mobile devices.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Files management

Is there a means, in the "File" folder to do collaborative work? Example: I post a CAD drawing there and want to allow others to check it out, but only one person at a time. If it's checked out, anyone can access the file, but only the person who checked it out can check it back in. When he checks it back in, it is automatically filed with a revision number that is unique and documenting the file's provenance. Ideally, all revisions of all files will be kept until a project administrator deletes old versions.

Is this already part of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow sorting of search results

When I search on a term or phrase, I should be able to sort the results by name, date modified, channel, etc. Default should probably be name.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base