Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. in skype we have quote for message . i need that feature in microsoft teams . (meassage quote feature)

in skype we have quote for message . i need that feature in microsoft teams . (meassage quote feature)

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. print task

Ability to print the task screen would be great

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow you to share desktop without being in a meeting. Skype allows this feature.

Allow you to share your desktop without being in a meeting. Skype allows you to share your desktop at anytime. Why do you have to create a meeting to allow the desktop to be shared.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow remote control to work after UAC prompt

When you start screen sharing session and this is happening regardless of OS platform. When user that is sharing screen is on Windows machine if at any point during screen share user get prompted by UAC to execute something as administrator, anyone who is remotely controlling machine at that point loses control. After this prompt remote user can still move mouse but cannot click anything and what has to happen is you have to stop sharing and start new screen share.

What should happen is if you remote controlling someone's machine through desktop sharing and UAC comes up, after that…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Responding to specific messages

On the phone app, we can respond to specific messages and send voice notes. Can this be added to the PC version?

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Do Not Disturb for Calls

We need the ability to quickly indicate do not disturb for phone calls in teams. Its obnoxious to have spammers interrupt my teams audio calls with the phone ringing.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Edit Displayed User Names

It would be more convenient if we could customize user display name to allow better identification of individuals. For external contacts, email addresses are currently displayed and cannot be edited to reflect the contact's name.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Incluir la opción de notas de voz en la aplicación de escritorio

Incluir la opción de notas de voz en la aplicación de escritorio

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams will auto create shortcut on desktop and duplicate shortcuts will be synced to OneDrive Known folder

The problem is that a separate shortcut is created on each and every machine that a user logs on to. With OneDrive known folder move enabled in the environment, users of multiple machines end up accumulating a heap of duplicate Teams desktop shortcuts.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Screen sharing multiple monitors

Our company uses 3 or monitors per work station. We used to be able to share our screens with Skype but Teams only allows us to share 1 screen at a time. Would this eventually change?

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Expired password login loop

When I change my expired password in AD, and thus Office 365, Teams Desktop app asks me to login again. The app closes, re-opens and I get the same message. Loop. Cannot get to settings through normal method. Had to use the system tray icon to access settings to log out.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Layout Changes

Allow the layout to be changed vs the fixed layout.

Even on large displays the layout takes up too much space and much of it is wasted space.

The navigation tool for the Wiki needs to be able to have a push pin in it so it can stay open so you can navigate without an extra click to open in back up.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use PNG format for small images

Teams seems to use the JPEG format for all images pasted into it, regardless of the size. This format makes pictures such as screenshots look absolutely horrible, with artefacts going rampant around any text or other sharp edges. A lossless PNG format would be more suited for the task.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reply to specific message for desktop

I have both desktop and mobile Teams apps. I just noticed that you can reply to specific messages using the mobile app, but you can't do the same using the desktop app.

I hope the reply feature can be used for desktop. It will be very useful esp. if there are many collaborators in one chat group.

Thanks!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please make available of changing color fonts while chatting

Please make available of changing color fonts while chatting permaanetly.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Install to Program Files instead of appdata due to blocking EXEs from other locations

We are implementing AppLocker to block ALL EXEs from running from other locations other than Windows and Program Files. We know we could make an exception, however it is still a vulnerability as users can still alter data in the appdata. In addition, for every user it will have an individual install. I understand the ease of use and profile based configuration that Teams is geared towards, however we would like BOTH options for enterprise and education environments.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams window got out the monitor limit if using multiple monitors

If Teams window is maximized on one of multiple monitors it got out the monitor limit, and you see a little part of teams window on other monitor.
    Annoying :)

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Send Audio Recording from Microsoft Teams Desktop

I see you can press the microphone button now and send an audio message directly from a mobile device. Can we also have that button for the desktop app?

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How about a Microsoft Teams Insider/Preview Program?

One of the main reasons I loved that our business was encouraged to move from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams, was because of the improvements based on user feedback that have been implemented since Teams was announced. As well as seeing the many items and features coming to the application. I love knowing that Microsoft is listening to people's feedback.

As the IT Manager of a small business, I also play the role of "cheerleader" trying to get people excited about the products they use, especially when many of them don't like change. But when change is for the…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Desktop Icon Creation Duplication with OneDrive Known Folder Move

In a shared computer environment, an admin may choose to install the Team Machine Wide Installer MSI.

Teams is then installed at every user logonif it doesn't exist.

"%ProgramFiles%\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=default"

Is put in the following key

HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

This presents an issue when using OneDrive Known Folder Move. When a new user logs on to a PC, OneDrive has its own installation and update process. The Teams installer will start and finish before OneDrive has installed, updated and initiated Known Folder Move for the new user profile.

Teams will create a desktop icon in the %USERPROFILE%\Desktop shell…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base