Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UI is greedy over screen real estate which is cumbersome when switching to/from app.

How do I make the UI more compact ? Need a UI config option like the tools its supposed to replace.

While it may look sleek, that dies after about 500 milliseconds of use as one realizes it takes over a whole screen.

this is supposed to be for contextual conversations, but the context is taken over by teams, which requires lots of Alt-tab flipping back and forth.

Ideally the UI should autoscale on shrinking, or have an option for shrinking it down/compact mode.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Logout

The app logs me out every time i want to use it. The frustrating thing is that my account is linked to a different phone number than the one i use, so i can’t use the app until i get home. There is no other way to log in, no other security steps except for this one. Really unsatisfied

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow multitennancy!

Please allow MS Teams to be logged in to 2 or more organizations in parallel.

We are working with customers who have added us to their O365 account base and we need to be able to run 2 teams instances - each logged in to different organization (one organization is ours and other is partners).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. windows-wide shortcut to start or answer phone calls

I want to switch fully from S4B to MSTeams. In S4B, I use PhoneTools from Estos, to answer phone calls with a single keystroke or to start a phone call. when I have marked a phone number and press the defined hotkey. See: https://www.estos.com/products/phonetools

So: You should implement the option for a windows wide shortcut/hotkey to start or answer phone calls.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Do Not Disturb for Calls

We need the ability to quickly indicate do not disturb for phone calls in teams. Its obnoxious to have spammers interrupt my teams audio calls with the phone ringing.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows classic theme

Please bring back the Windows Classic Theme. Your new metro/Windows 10 theme takes up too much space E.g Window title bar is big (height) plus buttons that minimise and close the window. I love the classic theme and would absolutely appreciate it if you can bring it back.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve Skype for Business

What an absolute state you've left Skype for Business in. You don't even check the huge amount of negative feedback you have on the forum for it.

You've focused all your efforts on developing a new product while your current product is just ignored, so in the meantime there is nothing to fill the gap.

Fix Skype for Business please.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I can’t create a team.

Functions disabled upon load up everytime. We are unable to even create a team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mala calidad

Es de mala calidad al compartir pantalla y no se pueden eliminar mensajes

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to view architectural files in the desktop client. (Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup)

If we could view architectural files even if read only it would be absolutely amazing.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft Teams Notifications position

Add an option to let user change the position of the Mictrosoft Teams notifications on MacOS. Currently it's only on top right which is so annoying, because it overlaps the other apps important buttons!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Desktop client localization

I have only found EN version for download for a desktop client. If it attempts to replace SfB, it needs a standalone client running in your systray, to quickly see messages and reply. But it doesn't recognize our language and underlines all the words. We also use EN SfB, but it recognized the used language and spellchecker works correctly. Teams either should do the same or localized version should be provided. On the web it is by default uses localized version, so app is already translated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Totally immature software, some ideas

The iOS client must have landscspe mode. It's painful to type in portrait mode.

Your Mac client is totally half baked. Examples:

1. If I accidentally closenthe main window by cmd-W the only way to open it again it cmd-Q and relauch

2. Adding pics/files... There is no way to see, manage, or reuse the files I've already uploaded. The client just says the file exists already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Whenever I end a meeting in MS Teams NetExtender crashes (no data is transferred through Extender during the meeting)

Not interfere with NetExtender. For some reason I must reboot my computer to use NetExtender again, each time MS Teams ends a meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the application disappear forever.

The application as a whole is a mess. It's frustrating to navigate, and even when you find what you want it only works half of the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. External Persistent chat priority alert

It would be very useful to be able to assign a different type of alert for different persistent chats. For example:

We use Skype's persistent chat for remote teams during critical events.

the notification windows & alert sounds for chats with a higher priority should look and sound differently so that they stand out from other chats.

This would allow us to train users to respond accordingly and increase our efficiency when responding to critical events whose responders are in various remote locations that are contributing to and participating in the event response.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adaptive toolbar (ellipse only shown when needed)

Make the toolbar adaptive, so that it displays as many icons as can fit in the free space. I.e. the ellipse should disappear on a larger screen and all apps should display, and it should only display when there is not enough room.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. get rid of the bloat

Make stripped down version that doesn't eat too many computer resources. All I want/need is to post a question in plain text and get an answer

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. テナント間の切替が不便と感じました。slackのworkspace切替のような仕様にしてもらえると助かります。

テナント間の切替が不便と感じました。slackのworkspace切替のような仕様にしてもらえると助かります。

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)