Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User interface

All issues reported here

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable Teams client to support BYOD on Windows devices.

Teams needs to be available on BYOD and, as the web client is not feature comparable to the full client, the full client should support Windows better.

Upload and download of files should be able to be blocked as well as copy and paste out of the app. Without this Teams client is a security disaster and very hard to deploy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable for presenter to see both shared screen and chat within the call

but for the members to only able to see what presenter is sharing on the screen. (not the whole desktop)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. For making yourself appear "away, unavail, et. al." it would be nice to have a timer pop up for choosing time length

In the evening I like to appear "away" if I am working but I forget to reset it. It would be nice to have the default automatically set to "available" upon first use after midnight or to have a time pop-up to select amount of time to appear away

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It's not possible to download attachments from the "Attachments control" in Power Apps in Teams

When you open a PowerApp in a Teams Tab and you click on a attachment in "Attachments control", is nothing happens

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Popout chat should allow calling, video, and screen sharing like normal chat window

The popout chat window should allow calling, video, and screen sharing just like the normal full Teams client window. It is not efficient to have to go back to the Teams client and search for a person to be able to start a call, video, or screen share from someone you are chatting with in a popout window.

Thank you!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. reply to a specific message by clicking it and have a reply button

reply to a specific message by clicking it and have a reply button same as whats app does for desktop

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In built web browsing

Today I was having my meeting with teacher and he was sharing his screen to show us a web site. But often times, he got disconnected and didn't get a notice for that and so I've to call him in order to let him know that he's disconnected. I'd like to have an in-built web browser in Teams where user do not need to share their screen. Sharing screen also causes privacy issue because of popping up of notifications. I'd like to have a simple share web page feature where user will put a web site inside that and it'll…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. About the display order of groups created in "Create new contact group"

Please implement the function to change the display order of the groups created in "Create new contact group" other than UNICODE ascending order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change the branding colour or be able to select your own colour borders

Being able to change the colour branding around the borders from Purple to something like bright pink. Or a colour of your own choosing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. assign someone to reply on meeting

Hi, all,
    it had raise hands on meeting now, but we want to have an icon to assign someone to reply on meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Last notification pops up and remains in freeze mode on connecting an extended monitor

This is not an idea but a bug in Teams. Last notification pops up and remains in freeze mode on connecting an extended monitor.
    Attaching logs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Opción de cerrar todas las sesiones de otros dispositivos

Opción para cerrar todas las sesiones abiertas en otros dispositivos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. re arrange the order of channels under a teams tab in a drag and drop fashion

When I have too many channels in a team ,I would like to be able to re arrange the channel list in a drag and drop manner so that I have my most important channel at the top and so on and so on further down

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Work on document and chat simultaneously

It is not easy to view chats and work on a document simultaneously. I can't say how many times I've had to close the document I'm working on to go to a team chat, to respond to something, then spend five minutes getting back to the file to start working on it. I don't know how you fix this per se, perhaps be able to have multiple "tabs" open or perhaps be able to do split screen, or maybe be able to pull the chats up as an overlay that we see with HTML5 so often, all of these might…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show processes that Teams is working on.

Teams often is doing a requested action in the background, like transferring a file, moving a file, downloading a file, uploading files, doing some other file manipulation, etc. And you don't know the current status or activity level. You also don't necessarily know if it was successful or not, or corrupted or stopped or failed to move/download/upload. So it would be helpful to either show background processes somehow, or show an event log you can pull up, or show last ten completed actions and their resulting status... just something or anything for some kind of validation or status on what…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disable Toolbar Popup upon Keyboard stroke for Screenshots

We're actively using MS Teams in the workplace and taking individual notes and screenshots (window or full screen).
    However, any keyboard button press or mouse move/click prompts the toolbar to popup, so there is always a toolbar in the screenshots even at full screen view.

I'd like to at least have CTRL, SHIFT, ALT and PRNTSCRN and combinations to be excluded from raising the toolbar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base