Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Viewed Message visual indication.

When one sent message , sender should know that receiver has viewed or not ? like whatsapp indication to viewed message or recieved message indication with double tick and blue tick to indicate viewed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. incoming attachment click and drag

Please add the ability for incoming attachments to be click and dragged to a specific folder or desktop.
    pressing download and having to go to the download folder is really annoying.
    thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Able to adjust settings after deployment

Would be good to be able to adjust the settings after deployment especially from a reg key for corporate as this will help being about to make sure our users have the best experiance with the tools you provide them.
    eg settings:
    date and time
    keyboard language
    Auto Start
    etc ....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make Contacts its own page WITHOUT the last chat in the background. Able to set as the default page to leave open all day - like Skype did.

Teams takes up too much of the screen when not in use. Skype was much better with its list of My Group and Favorites, so you could see status at a glance... AND it could be a very narrow profile open all day on the screen. Teams default footprint is TOO BIG.

AND don't display the last chat in the background!!

Give function to end a Chat and give a clear background so the last chat isn't sitting in the background hours after you are done - this is extremely annoying and a problem in an open office where people…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want you to smoothly add equipment at the meeting

It is the operation when you make a reservation of the meeting from the client.
    You need to add the equipment mailbox from "Invite users".
    This operation is more inconvenient than when creating a meeting in Outlook.
    We want you to be able to search and add from your address book etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Would like the ability to copy a customized hyper link into Teams that will open into a locally installed application.

I have customer who want to get ability to copy a customized hyper link into Teams that will open into a locally installed application.
    Customer would like the ability to copy a customized hyper link into Teams that will open into a locally installed application. You will copy the customized hyper link and copy it into Teams to send to other staff in his organization.

What the customer is attempting to do is to create a customized hyperlink and copy it into Teams to send to other staff in his organization. The link like this : “edient:Command=ShowEditForm&ControllerID=SupportIncident......“ this link can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add non-Team site Sharepoint page as tab without additional login

We have sites that users would like at their finger tips but organizationally belong outside of the Team site. When I add the sharepoint page as a website tab it requires the user to login when using the desktop version of Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Pin to Top" active documents being edited in chat, group chat, or team channel, regardless of what tab you are in

If I am working in a document in a group chat, but I get a chat message from another person, in order to read that new message, I will lose my place in the current document I'm editing.

To "get back to work" after reading the other chat message, I have to go back to the other chat and find the document, then click a few times and scroll around to be able to open in edit mode and figure out where I was. This is horribly inefficient, considering how efficient it COULD be -- collaborative editing is the strongest…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Simplify!

Wie würde ein User denken? Welche Unterteilungen machen Sinn welche nicht? Haltet euch an best practices! Testet mit echten Usern, nicht mit eigenen Mitarbeitern. Gestaltet UX getrieben, nicht IT- oder Unternehmensstruktur-getrieben. Niemand will Monolithen mit schlechter UX. Fangt einfach und mit den Kern an und macht das gut.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prevent automatic login prompt for Teams

We would like to prevent the automatic login when MS begins the deployment of the Teams client with Office 365 ProPlus. We very much want to deploy the Teams client so we would like it to be integrated with ProPlus, but the auto login will cause confusion for our community in the short term.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teamsデスクトップアプリで、個々の会議のURLが取得できないので、取得できるようにしてほしい。(あるいは「会議」をTeamsのチャットなどで共有できるようにしてほしい)

個々の会議のURLが取得できないので、取得できるようにしてほしい。(あるいは「会議」をTeamsのチャットなどで共有できるようにしてほしい)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it smaller it takes up most of my screen

Make it the same size as Skype

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. could you make a desktop client with local cache and fullscr image view.

historic chat data is very slow as there is no local cache and it is not possible to open pictures in a separate frame to view the picture i'm required to fullscreen the app which will still give me the header of the app and the image bar
    also zooming on an image is very unituitive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. screen size is to big

The screen only lets you make it so small and it still takes up most of the page vs just a tiny section allowing you to still see and read the messages without stopping you from working like Skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to use only the "Like" icon

In addition to "Like", icons such as "Heart" and "Laughing" have been added.
    I want to restrict the use of the "Heart".
    I want to optionally set whether to hide or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Need to be able to re-size the app on-screen

I would like to be able to resize the app, the same way that Skype for Business can be thinned down.Teams takes up 1/3 of my screen. With Skype for Business, it could be slimmed down to only take up a small portion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove the emoticon popup when the mouse hovers over a message

A recent update changed the desktop app such that hovering over a message pops up a selection of emoticons, presumably to react to a message. I think any thinking individual would appreciate this distraction not being there. I sincerely hope its removed in a near future update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unable to edit own messages

After sending message to a channel I always was able to edit it (e.g. if I noticed some misspelling).
    However today Edit option is not available for message that was created just a minute ago.
    I believe it's a change in a new version, because there are multiple yellow smileys appear instead.
    Please restore an ability to edit our own messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. change teams home screen

when opening teams, it would be handy to be able to set a home screen to easily access they first thing you need, for example student could open onto the assignments tab, and staff could set the shifts tab as their home screen, but make it dynamic as everyone is different

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.