Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop up chat windows

My company just switched to teams from skype and what I would love to see is a pop up chat window when someone messages you. After my meetings in the morning I'll close out of teams and do my work for the day. Then the next morning when I open it up I discover that someone from head office sent me a message yesterday at 3 pm. The thing is I didn't get a notification or pop up. With skype even when I closed the screen it would say "still running in background" and when someone messaged you it would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need reply option available for desktop app as same as mobile app in chats ..

Need reply option available for desktop app as same as mobile app in chats ..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Delink the Return button from the send feature in desktop version

In the mobile version the enter button/return feature simply creates a new line of text for you to type into
    In the desktop version the enter/return button auto posts / sends the text into the chat channel which can be very annoying when typing out an explanation .
    Suggest enter/return in desktop is not linked to auto post / send or make this a user option in settings to cover off for differnet user requirements

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Grading results are shared only between teachers

I want to share the grading results of the assignment with the teacher without disclosing them to the submitter.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a MS Teams descriptor for phone number in Outlook contacts

As our users now have a Teams number in addition to the switchboard, I would like to have a MS Teams descriptor in Outlook to make it clear what TYPE of phone it is (Ie similar to Home, cell, Business, etc)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Conversion to PDF, differences between Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016/2019

Hello,
    we encountered a problem during the conversion of a. doc file to PDF: there are differences in the generated PDF files when created in Windows Server, while in Windows 10 they are OK.
    Please find the attached sample java file that we used to test and output the results of PDF files by the operating system. The source document that we used for the conversion is contained in the document .zip file (sample Doc for Aspose) also.
    The same problem occurs when converting to a different format (.for example, JPG). We also checked the font catalog, and the fonts…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. status updating

we should have the option to choose how long after being inactive on our computer our status changes to away. Even when i am working on my computer, if i am not working in Teams it automatically puts my status to away within 5 minutes and there is no option to change this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A very useful feature that would help almost everyone would be make a channel/option to see all the homework that you have yet to send

So, an option where you click and it displays all the assigned homework that you have to send and the homework you forgot to send and already expired, mostly the ones you can still send

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reply to particular message in Windows desktop app

Please allow reply to particular message in Windows desktop app exactly same as android app

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make MS Teams app available on Microsoft Store

Create a Teams app rather than requiring users to download it from the website, make it just like downloading Skype app from the Store. The website can cater to MacOS users instead.

Quick deployment for users new to Teams is important.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pls. bring back the CHAT and CONTACTS tab selection rather pulldown

Main GUI left side at icon menu can you please get rid of the pulldown list presently given in updated version that for CHAT and ACTIVITY etc.. and BRING BACK the tab selection (i.e. Chat/Contacts etc). That was one click less and more easier. thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow to unmute using space key or any other (single press key) on keyboard!

It takes a lot time to unmute an d sometimes u miss some opportunities due to this missing feature the control panel on the top hides the content so a feature must be added for user's ease!!
    Thanks for giving a moment to read it!!
    Really appreciating work
    Teams is one of the best meeting apps

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to get user information with Teams and Turnitin

want to get the information of users who are using Turnitin collaboration function in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft Teams

Please make the video blocks of the people movable or place them at the top of the screen so that you look into the camera and not down

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better to have separate window for each chat if needed

Need an option for an opens up a new window for each chat. When we are in a meeting at the same time need to chat with someone outside of the meeting this future will really help full. In current Teams, If we need to chat someone while we are in the meeting, the meeting window going small and chat window will shows. If we have the option to separate the window for each chat it will be really easy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow individual office email as an application

Allow access to your office email through the Teams application. Use Teams as a portal to all productivity tools.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. About Teams chat

Ability to allow only certain users to delete Teams chats

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better Unpin Experience

Unpinning a pinned chat would ideally put it at the top of Recent list.

This will help with accidental unpinning and make repinning immediately easier.

Maybe the Unpin's datestamp would become the chats datestamp to put it on top of the other chats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable @mentions in comments while editing documents with desktop app

Currently it's impossible to @mention team members in comments while using the desktop app. It works when editing in the browser, but my team prefers the desktop app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base