Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customization

Add personalisation just like in SharePoint where you can add your Company logo and look and feel + adding custom style sheets etc.
    Would be so much nicer if you can make it more personal to your own companies styling

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. notification on desktop app

Multiple notifications came out from the same chat and there is no way to dismiss the notification other than clicking into the chat one by one. Each line of chat are displayed as separate notification and flooded the right side of screen.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Switch order for sign-off and exit in taskbar context menu

If you click right on the taskbar icon of Microsoft Teams to open the context menu, you do see "exit" above "sign-off" which is quite confusing. All other Microsoft apps have "exit" at the end of the list, which make much more sense.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Tray icon menu options: Logout and Close should be switched

When I'm finished working with Teams, to close the program, I have to right-click on tray icon and click Close. But EVERYTIME I click logut instead, because it is at the bottom of the menu, and Close is one position above.

Please switch them in places, so that I can close Teams without thinking too much about it. It should behave like EVERY OTHER TRAY APP!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notifications is really inefficient

Why are we flipping between group teams vs. individual chats

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The contacts pane does not show up automatically to be able to Admit external contacts or dial in

Guys, If I don't make sure to click on the contacts pane before people start to join the Meeting I have no notification whatsoever to tell me hey there's people waiting in the lobby waiting to be admitted in fact is there a lobby? Please either pin the contacts list automatically on the Conference calls or just create a simple notification whenever a new person needs to be admitted so far there is not such a thing on my Desktop version: 1.100.5963 (64Bits)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Actually release updates

Updates to this product move at a snail's pace. Is there something that is the complete opposite of Agile that you all are using to get your work done? Does every decision and pull request you all make have to go all the way up to Satya for approval? It'd be one thing if this thing was free or already the leading product, but its not. I have visited this board and used this product for well over a year and nothing has really changed. What a waste of time and space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Organize teams

Not sure if this is out there but I think it would be very beneficial to be able to group teams into folders or groups. This would help our team a ton with organization.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share My Visual Studio so I can remote Pair Programming.

I should be able to click a button and Capture my Visual Studio, Git Bash, etc. Once clicked any user in the group can edit, save, copy, etc. This would be useful for Pair Programming. Not a screen capture, a remote desktop for an application.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. customization needed for Cloud storage login screen

Our customer uses BOX integration for their teams.
    They are trying to get the BOX sign in screen to default to SSO integration they have setup with BOX.

However, when we try to add box storage from the teams screen it always defaults to the login screen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Installation - moving Teams to the Application folder

In the final step of setting up the Teams Application there is a window that show the Teams icon with an arrow to the Applications folder icon. A person is able to click on each icon separately to open them, however it is not obvious that the user is intended to drag the Teams icon over onto the Applications folder icon to do the actual transfer.

I recommend that you add basic text such as: click and drag "Teams icon" onto "Applications folder"

Alternatively you could just have the box say "Do you wish to copy "Teams" into your "Application…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams window was frozen

Teams window was frozen had to kill the app. After the restart, no video or audio capabilities. Going to reboot my laptop

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Chat Acessibility

I use a team that has website tabs for our daily work such as: ticketing system, reports, dashboards, intranet sit and other dashboards. It is really hard to use Teams as an all encompassing digital workspace when I have to get out of the team tab website to chat with anyone. If we could open chat in new tab or have the ability to split screen with chat and teams that would be AMAZING! LOVE TEAMS and am excited to watch it grow and continually improve.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Powershell cmdlets for handling own/specific channel. Checking new posts, modified files, emails....

There is need for fetching files from Teams, like example marketing teams is willing in some shared excel files and those needs to be transferred elsewhere automatically time to time. (this is already possible but it is not well packaged as it could be)

As we can sent the emails to channels(from anywhere), there might come some triggers which require immediate reaction or launch some other workflows, so it would be nice to have own cmdlet for look through new posts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. GitHub Enterprise Connection - Add alerts for Releases

GitHub webooks can push alerts for releases.
    The GitGub Enterprise Connection does not create an alert in a channel for this type of update. This feature would allow technology teams and business partners better insight when a release is created.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Crashing multiple times a day

It crashed more than 10 times today always with same message like "There was a glitch, we are recovering" and every time I had to re login. I cannot stand this anymore. Please fix this.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Menu bar is too dark. Need more color options

Menu bar is too dark. Need more color options

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. stop crashing every week with the javascript error requiring reinstall to fix

How about solving the weekly crash by teams with the JavaScript error which implies incompatibility with Edge, the MICROSOFT browser (could be something else but you would know!)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base