Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chats should have a "pop-up" notification similar to Skype, or incoming Outlook email.

Have a small notification that appears on the screen when someone is chatting with you. If Team is minimized chats get missed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. share desktop

Hello ,
    I want to know if Teams will have the ability to remote shared desktop with out the need of video or voice call ?

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Refresh data across platforms

When I am using Teams on my phone and then arrive at my desktop, the feeds are not updated. I have to shut down Teams on my Surface, then re-open to get the most recent conversations I just had while on mobile. We should be able to move between mobile and workstation and continue conversations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. No internet Error while Log in

Getting attached error even if Internet is connected. This is happening for Desktop App.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. One Login and one Desktop/App for all MS Products.

Integrate all MS products under one account. I can explain the idea in steps.
    1) Login in to a UI(which is nothing but my MS page).
    2) This shows all the MS products subscribed by me.
    3) It also suggests/recommends any of the MS products that I can buy and make use of.
    4) Now I need not have separate applications to be installed in my desktop, mobile or any other devices. This "One app for all MS products" should help me to login and open the MS products I need, say it be Teams or Outlook or anything else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Install to Program Files instead of appdata due to blocking EXEs from other locations

We are implementing AppLocker to block ALL EXEs from running from other locations other than Windows and Program Files. We know we could make an exception, however it is still a vulnerability as users can still alter data in the appdata. In addition, for every user it will have an individual install. I understand the ease of use and profile based configuration that Teams is geared towards, however we would like BOTH options for enterprise and education environments.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to STOP notifications showing when on screen share

If I share my screen in a webex meeting, it still shows my notifications popping up - real privacy issue!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save pictures wherever you like (Save as)

With Teams, you can only download pictures from a chat to the Download folder. I'd like the ability to right click a picture, and select "Save as", and choose location myself.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Screenshare Drops during Meetings when Moving Between Applications

When share desktop is used during a meeting, participants continue to see the old screen when the presenter switches to a different application. This happens irrespective of the application or whether the move is to/from MS Teams and an application e.g. moving from PowerPoint to a web browser or from Word to MS Teams. The workaround is for the presenter to stop presenting and then start to share their desktop again by selecting the relevant window. This isn't a great experience for the participants and breaks the flow of the meeting/presentation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. office 365 button

A button to allow people to open the O365 portal/dashboard.

Teams feels too distant from the portal.

I see there is the Files section which connects to the One Drive. That offers almost enough functionality. If onedrive/share point was better supported then perhaps that would be enough.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft Teams Windows Firewall pop up

Issue : Microsoft Teams client is showing prompt “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” even after adding Windows Firewall Rules. Issue is explained in the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients but no resolution.

311 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  37 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The desktop app is far worse than the website. Stop pushing it.

It has worse performance. It has drastically more annoying notification behavior and lacks all the features you enjoy in a browser (like extendability or the ability to remove your annoying animated emojis).

So I really don't see why I need to see a notification banner constantly that tells me about the amazing desktop app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let Teams tell users when Skype for business is open (so Teams won't start)

I had Skype fB open on my desktop and wanted to start Teams. It gave an error message but didn't hint me that Skype and Teams are unable to be active at the same time. Why not anyway?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There needs to be a back button while browsing through folders

There needs to be a back button to take the file to take back to the parent folder.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make app resizable

Provide an ability to resize the desktop app, i.e. zoom in and out like a browser does. Or just a setting that controls the display size. This will make it easier to see more objects (planner and conversation cards) on one screen.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add External Link to Navigation

I would like the ability to add an internet link to the navigation in Teams. My company uses ADP for our payroll. Managers and Supervisors login to approve hours, address missed punches, approve time-off, etc. It would be great if we could add an icon that links to an external website both personally and globally.
    So, where you have the links to Chat, Teams, Meetings, etc. I would like to be able to add the external link there.
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Your desktop version is too slow and consume a lot memory and make my system drag

Your desktop version is too slow and consume a lot memory and drag my system

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Additional download links for the desktop app.

On the O365 homepage there's a dropdown menu to install the desktop office suite or any additional apps, but Microsoft Teams is no where to be found. The only links available are for running the browser version.

Could we get a download link added to one of the O365 pages (with the rest of the apps) or even a button or menu option inside the browser app itself?

Having some additional links is preferred to the constant prompts received while using the browser version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Trello won't sign in from desktop app

Note: Your browser was unable to load all of Trello's resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.