Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. screen sharing keyboard layout BUG

Its not really an idea, it is bug (a bug tracker would be a good idea...)

The bug: if you take control over the screen of someone else, and the other person has a different keyboard layout, your keystrokes in teams are interpreted using the keyboard layout of the pc you are controlling.

(try running some powershell commands if you have no idea where any symbols are).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please publish the update history for Microsoft Teams Client on the Web. I can check the list of Update history for Office 365 ProPlus on t

Please publish the update history for Microsoft Teams Client on the Web.

I can check the list of Update history for Office 365 ProPlus on the web.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office365-proplus-by-date

We also want to publish information on the Web, so that I can see the details of added and updated features for Microsoft Teams clients.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enabling the possibility of opening 2 windows at the same time in Microsoft Teams

Once one is for ex. in the teams view looking into a file one would also like the possibility of opening the chat in another window to communicate with someone about what one sees in the file window. Without having to go out of the files window and into the chat room.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Privacy

Window needs to open up to a dashboard or a certain place without showing the conversations!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Close Teams Launcher page when Desktop client is launched

If we see the following page in a browser and the "Launch it now" link is clicked, the tab in the browser should be closed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to be able to split out the chat from the teams channels and ungroup my chats

When You use MS Teams the chat and the channels are all lumped together. To be efficient at work I need to be able to see both at the same time. I tried opening a second teams like I do with outlook when I want my calendar up at the same time as my email but Teams doesn't do that. Either allow us to have two teams programs open at the same time or give us the option to separate the chat from the channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unable to rotate 3D objects created in Catia application via Teams Desktop Sharing

Unable to rotate 3D objects created in Catia application via Teams Desktop Sharing

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integrate Outlook Categories

I would love the ability to use categories I've created in Outlook for files and meetings in Teams, and have those categories carry from one app to the other, no matter which app the category was originally assigned in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のチャネルの詳細な利用状況をエクスポートできるような機能を追加してほしい

Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels
    ■Description(内容):
    チャネル単位での Teams への投稿内容や、メンションの数、メンションの内容、「LIKE」の数をカウントして BI ツールで投稿との関連性を調査し、利用することを想定している。チャネル単位で BI ツールと連携可能な形での利用状況のカウントが簡易的に取得できるような機能を追加してほしい。

We would like to investigate the relevance between the Teams posts and the detailed usage by using BI tool, for each channel in Teams, such as contents of posts, the number of mentions, contents of mentions and the number of “Like”s.
    Therefore, we would like you to provide a feature to obtain the detailed usage information for Teams and collaborate with BI tool more easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. User Interface

The UI takes up a lot of screen real estate. Allow users to collapse it down to the navigation bar, then expand when actively using the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cockpit

In my "Team" I want to be able to create a channel tab that provides links to several other tools and/or websites like a cockpit using tiles. Each tile has an assigned hyperlink that takes me to the tool/website or it opens up in teams directly (preferred). With a hover-over I can see a short description of the tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. message notification

when you get a new chat it will pop up on your screen so you know other wise you dont know when you have a new message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For the desktop version, the "Your Teams" window should be resizable.

For the desktop version, the "Your Teams" window should be resizable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need better visibility of saved messages. Perhaps move the icon to the left-hand toolbar?

I like saving messages but always forget to check them. It would be good to have better visibility and access to them. Can access to saved messages be moved to the left-hand toolbar?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the user's display a humanoid icon instead of an initial

Please implement a setting method to make the display of the user whose profile picture is not set on Microsoft Teams be a humanoid icon instead of the initials.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The start bar icon is very decieving

The icon for Teams shows the current logged in users' status but the name of the person to whom focus is selected within the chat window. If I was to glance at it it seems like Barb is free, but she is not. I am free but she is in focus in the client. Very confusing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the forward and back buttons' navigation include the video window pane.

Why is it that the video window pane is not considered part of the navigation? I can use the forward and back buttons to interrupt my viewing and navigate away from my meeting, but not to get back to it after doing so. What gives? Is there a setting I'm not aware of here?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio on the Mobile App but Screenshare on the Desktop App

I'm beginning to like Teams...however one feature I really need is starting to REALLY bug me. If I'm out and about and I take a call from a colleague on the mobile app and he/she wants to screenshare with me - it's no good using the mobile app for that for many reasons. What I'd love to do is continue using my mobile for audio but screenshare from the desktop. If I do that it cuts my audio off...and sometimes I don't have a headset or similar to hand so would really like to use the mobile for voice while…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. If Teams hits issue, automatic restart

When Teams detects an issue and needs restarting, it should restart instead of telling the user to restart. I have this happen more and more in my production space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shifts time clock on desktop

At the moment, shifts time clock is only available on mobile. It would be useful to add the time clock on desktop too.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.