Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preferred IM Client

MS Teams Client hijacks the PreferredIMClient setting when tenant is in "Teams Only" mode. This is problematic for companies who use multiple IM clients (e.g. Cisco Jabber).

Please prevent the MS Teams client from hijacking the
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers\DefaultIMApp value when in "Teams Only" mode.

A "FindTime" aside:
    We needed to change our tenant to "Islands" mode to prevent the PreferredIMClient hijack behavior. In "Islands" mode, the FindTime "online meeting" option does not auto-schedule Teams meetings. In order to get FindTime "online meetings" to work, we have to be in "Teams Only" mode. We decided to break FindTime to fix the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to be Online - Like Skype Business

Like Skype Business - we had setting to be online for so many hrs .
    that feature is missing in this, update the setting and add that.

its helpful for people who are working in a back ground.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Teams stores too many entries in Windows Credential Manager

One action we have been directed to do in troubleshooting Teams launch issues is to clear all saved passwords for the Teams app which are located in the Windows Credential Manager.
    Currently, Teams has over 20 entries here! Removing any of them and relaunching teams makes them all get created again.
    All the entries here make troubleshooting login issues a real pain, and these need to be consolidated and simplified.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams access to Exchange O365 mailbox and data

I would like to see Teams be a full replacement for Outlook.

Customers should not have to switch between Teams and Outlook to manage all of their communication, calendaring, communication, and collaboration.

I am not looking for better integration between Teams and Outlook. Instead I would like Teams to build a better email and calendar experience outside Outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. we really need sound notifications

teams app needs chat sounds

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Separate teams/chat, calendar, calls, and files into separate executables

Having all of these disparate workflows, which are already largely independent of each other and only slightly interconnected, is needless bloat, wasting space when I only need to use one, and making things more difficult when I need to use more than one (eg. read a chat while in a call). It's like if Word, Powerpoint, and Excel all lived in one window and I couldn't look at more than one at the same time, but also had an always-visible sidebar telling me the others exist. These should be in separate executables.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cannot give control to share

I cannot allow a user in my contacts to control my screen while sharing my desktop. It states that Hardware acceleration is turned off, but there is currently no easy way to turn it back on. This is critical if we are being forced into this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chat Timestamp Uses 12 hour Clock even if Desktop is configured for 24 hour clock

Chat/Channel Conversations seem to use the 12 hour clock (1:34 PM) even if the system/workstation clock is set to use 24 hour clock (13:34). Syncing the time stamp to use the preferred time format (either from the OS or from an application option) would help prevent confusion in some circumstances.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. On the PC Web Version show meetings in the Task Bar

Why isn't Meetings an option on the Task Bar on the Deskop?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Startup minimized to task bar only AND don't restore when right clicking

I am finding 2 annoyances after I moved to Teams away from Skype for Business:

1: In skype or business I was able to have the app not only startup in the background, but minimized the task bar with no window..

2: I can manually get teams into that state by having it stay running when closed and closing teams, however anytime I RIGHT click on the tray iccon to access the menu, it auto restores.. it should only auto restore upon either left clicking the icon or triggering action via right click but the right click action should itself…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Time and Date should always appear if the Team app is going to consume this much real estate on screen

Time and Date should always appear if the Team app is going to consume this much real estate on screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. forwarding to virtual user agent (auto attendant or call queue)

User should be able to set a forwarding to a virtual user (auto attendant / call queue) in the desktop client. Currently these virtual users cannot be found (or entered) in Settings/Calls/Call answering rules in the desktop client.

In the mobile clients (both Android and iOS) the virtual users can however be found and used to forward calls to.

Functionality is required as many organizations, like ours, like calls to be always answered even if the user is not able to or does not timely answer a call, instead of using voicemail.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Criar a na vesão Business a opção de customização da página, para que o ambiente virtual tenha a identidade visual da empresa.

Se fosse possível a escolha de cor na área de trabalho do Teams e a inserção de banners e logomarca, ele poderia ser utilizado como plataforma oficial de comunicação externa, sem a necessidade de desenvolvimento de um sistema próprio para comunicação com o cliente, mesmo que carregasse em conjunto marcas e símbolos da Microsoft e do Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Elevate Screenshare Sessions

Having the ability to elevate permissions during a screensharing session, like Bomgar/LogMeIn, would be quite handy as an IT support tool. It would help with the adoption rate and efficiency.

Thanks for listening and keep up the great work!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. After a call ends, return the user to the same document or app that he was using when the call came in

After a call ends, return the user to the same document or app that he was using when the call came in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Choose which is the default which app opens on desktop

I'd like the ability to set the app (or view) when I open team (Activity/Chat/Teams/Calendar etc.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can you pin the Teams (list of teams) menu when you have a minimised screen?

When minimised, Teams menu vanished. Can it be pinned

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A cool feature would be so that you can Pin a chat message especially in a group chat so that it doe

In the desktop app it would be cool if you could pin a message in a group chat so it doesn't get lost. If you want everyone to see it. Pin it to the side or something maybe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please shrink the window so it takes up less space on the desktop, please!!!

please shrink the window down to widget size like Skype was. This takes up too much desktop real estate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.