Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team Dashboard / Landing Page

When you click on a Team, it would be nice if you got a dashboard for the team / landing page instead of going directly to the "general" channel.

This would be a great place to roll-up information for activity in the team:
    - recent conversations (from all channels within the team)
    - recent or all documents (similar to the OneDrive landing page, but scoped to the Team
    - search
    - membership list
    - pinned content
    - static content (to post general team information)

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

27 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Forward and reply on chat

Add the function that when using chat (desktop) – one can forward messages, and reply with quoted text (the same as Skype)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. being able to resize the height of the bottom bar (participant area)

it should be possible to resize the bottom bar where all connected users are listed when screen is shared. right now taking too much space.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Outlook OST to PST Converter

InQuit OST to PST Converter can recover, convert, save and restore outlook deleted OST emails with integrity from severely damaged, corrupted and inaccessible Outlook OST files into several files formats such as- PST, EML, MSG, EMLX, MBOX, Office 365 account and Live Exchange Server. It can recovers data from corrupted offline OST file with be easily imported to the selected file format from any of the listed formats without losing the internal data.

Read More: https://inquit-ost-to-pst-converter-toolbox.en.softonic.com/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. option to add polls

when in group chat please add option to create Poll and vote for it. this otherwise feels like spam messages

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. windows

Make de windows teams app a windows app. so you chat, work on teams and open application at the same time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hand pop-up shortcut

Like "mute button" or "hide webcam" on Metting pop-up, create a button "show hands" and notify (or not) when anyone send hand-up. For who is sharing the screen during the meeting it isn't possible to notice (when this pop-up button was "enabled") if someone trying to hand-up. This shortcut, like "mute button" in this pop-up will be amazing!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop starting the Linux app at startup

Stop reinstalling the autostart file in Linux, even after it is deleted. This is disrespecful to users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow meeting controls to be moved

When I am in a meeting, and another attendee is sharing their screen, often the meeting controls are in a bad location. Although the will disappear eventually, it would be nice to be able to move them to where I want them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dual-monitor screen sharing

So Microsoft is getting rid of Skype for business, which has the option to share multiple screens at once, but they don't have that capability on Microsoft teams. I don't know why this hasn't garnered more attention, but a lot of businesses have agents with dual screens, so this needs to be added.

They should also make it so you don't have to close the screen share session and open a new one to switch which screen you are sharing, it should just be something that can be switched while in the same screen-share session.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Makes Teams Chat more Like Skype

Skype for Business has been honed in and perfected over the past decade. The Grouping - the ability to have it only in the side (not taking up your entire screen), the ability to automatically pop out conversations, the compact size, etc. Teams simply ignores all the virtures of Skype. Make the Chat feature in Teams completely pop-outed so the contact list looks just like Sype. Allow the list to be much more compact. Allow the conversations to automatically pop out. The idea behind teams is fine - the execution is very disappointing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. delete entire chat message, not just individual messages that I send

Be able to delete an entire chat message, not just individual messages that I send to someone... If I want to delete an entire conversation with a coworker I should be able too.

Also, better notifications for when teams is minimized instead of a small red 1 on the app which doesn't grab my attention at all. Maybe include a flashing option like Skype does until the person opens the chat to view the message.

In my settings I have it set to open automatically when I sign-in to my computer but it won't open/load when I sign on....Therefore, won't…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. nickname should exist..

Nickname should be added to teams

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. more options for video resolution.

the current resolution option of 360 p and 1080p doesn't fulfill all needs. if we use 360 P then video quality becomes very poor and if we make it 1080 then a lot of buffering happens. for 1080 p we easily get exhausted of data if we have a limited data plan. it would a lot of help if we have a option for 480 p and 720 p. I am expecting a good and early response.
    Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. resize teams

I would like to be able to resize the window smaller than it currently goes. I'd like to have it take up half the screen. Given that this is a Microsoft product and windows has the built in snap-right/snap-left feature, I'm quite surprised that this program does not support this. I think many people would want to have chat up, while also using another program. Same for video calls. It makes no sense that the screen can't be made smaller - both chat and video are content that can easily be resized, and are just as usable at a smaller…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Undock Chat

It would be great to have the option to Undock the Chat into another window and manage it like Skype (RIP) and have the option to group contacts and meetings.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create a feature allow user use Teams for Desktop and web can forward chat or message

In Teams for Mobile, it can reply and forward chat easily, but in Teams for Desktop and Web can't reply and forward chat, When I need to forward file to anyone I need to download and upload again, it not good.
    I need to this feature for reply someone and forward message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remote access with Teams

Hello, my name is Djalma I work with IT support. I use Teams application in my work and I think it's very good. It would be great if it had the functionality for remote access between participants.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 57 58
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base