Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alles moet beter

Betere stabiliteit van de desktop applicatie (hij crash); keuze om bestanden lokaal of in een nieuw scherm te openen; leeslijsten zijn niet praktisch of niet beschikbaar; koppelingen openen zorgt ervoor dat je vorige koppeling verloren gaat; opnames zijn incompleet en omslachtig in gebruik; meldingen zijn opdringerig en bijna niet te onderdrukken; instellingen vanuit organisatie achterhalen is weinig transparant (vooral icm synchronisatie van verschillende platforms zoals outlook en teamleider) ; chat updates komen het ene moment snel binnen maar soms duurt het ook erg lang voor ze binnenkomen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. share desktop

Hello ,
    I want to know if Teams will have the ability to remote shared desktop with out the need of video or voice call ?

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Window crops. Snippets

Capability to screen crop a section to send.
    China's WeChat does this very well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Popups

Please allow IT Administrators to disable the popup messages for anything. If this application is going to truly be the replacement for Skype For Business (as I've heard), treat it like a business application. I tried going in to my messages and was greeted by a popup notice that I should download the app on my phone. I closed it and went to go select a user, and poof it popped up again immediately.
    This is just a nuisance of a feature that should not be in a messaging platform designed for business use. If I want the app on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Triple click has a random behaviour

Triple clicking should select the whole line
    It currently also (seemingly randomly) also selects AT LEAST one of:
    - The current message's date
    - The next message's date
    - The whole next message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change the word copy to paste, when copying documents from one team to another.

When you copy a document from one team to another the button says copy, when you are pasting it into this team.

If this was to change tho the word paste, it would stop confusion when completing this task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The footprint

The foot print is to large on the desktop. You need to allow shrink. Adding new people to my frequent list on chat is to cumbersome, you need to get back to Skype functionality. Finding past conversations and meetings, history, is a hit and miss. It needs to be easier.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Drop it.

It just rubbish

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. please make the layout adjustable

The left panel takes too much place. please make it adjustable and hide-able .

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Desktop share during chat without need of meeting

We need desktop share like we do with Lync

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Set topic

Hello Teams, it would be great if where possible to set an specific topic at the top of the conversations, as an reminder

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Slow interface

Lazy loading for chat history is implemented quite bad and without any local cache. It's quite challanging to search among older conversations.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams view filter

I am a consultant that is visiting multiple clients a week, sometimes a day. I have associates on each site. I usually have 2 SharePoint's set up for each client. One for internal only coordination and one for internal and external (client as members) coordination. When I open Teams App I would like to apply a filter as to which Teams/Groups/Plans are visible so that the client I am visiting can not see on my screen other client information or data. Any thoughts?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In channel, when 2 persons trying to reply at same time, app doesnt show up their reply message

In channel, when 2 persons trying to reply at same time, app doesnt show up their reply message. Looks like some bug.

The 2nd user can only type another message in the channel cant reply untill app does something or some time delay

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams Desktop app "snap" to maximize the screen doesn't fill entire screen

If I use the "Snap assist" (dragging a window to the top of my monitor to maximize the Teams desktop app, the screen "maximizes" but is about 1/4 of an inch from the top of the screen. I have duplicated this behavior on a 2-monitor setup from one computer, and using a separate laptop with a single-monitor display. I don't think it's much of an "issue" with a single-monitor set up because you wouldn't have a reason to take the steps to replicate, but it happens consistently as follows.

Steps to Replicate (assume 2-monitor setup):

1. "snap" top of screen to…
    14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams prevents your computer from going to sleep

As the title says, our workstations which normally go to sleep after a set time now stay on forever because Microsoft Teams keeps the systems awake. Close teams, problem solved. Kind of irritating.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Takes too many resources

Teams hogs way too many resources on Windows 10. Too much RAM and too much processor to keep it running

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams to the next level

Today's Teams (desktop) is usable but not great -- it hasn't unlocked its full potential as an organizational collective intelligence platform. To get there, following features should be offered (to users who need/subscribe):

• WHAT: Multi-window, each supports a different "persona", and one or multiple personas can be tied to the same MS account

• WHY: allow user switch between identifies. Very useful for consultants/contractors

• WHAT: tabbed view (like a web browser).

• WHY: by switching between tabs the user can quickly switch between documents, channels, conversation threads, teams... and apps. Everyone is multitasking today. That's why IE also adopted the tabbed view,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please make available of changing color fonts while chatting

Please make available of changing color fonts while chatting permaanetly.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base