Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams will auto create shortcut on desktop and duplicate shortcuts will be synced to OneDrive Known folder

The problem is that a separate shortcut is created on each and every machine that a user logs on to. With OneDrive known folder move enabled in the environment, users of multiple machines end up accumulating a heap of duplicate Teams desktop shortcuts.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please enable multi-user login to the Teams desktop app.

Please enable multi-user login to the Teams desktop app. Would be nice to be able to login to my work account and switch over to my student account on the desktop app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dark Mode

Please enable dark mode & other themes.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to be able to schedule a chat message with Teams

It would be great to be able to schedule a chat message to a member. You can schedule a message in Outlook, and I think that feature would be great for Teams. Better yet, I think it would be nice to be able to send a chat message based off of when a member becomes available. You could ether set it up to be sent immediately upon availability, or maybe one or two minutes after they become available.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I want to open an embedded object in Teams.

I want to open an embedded object in Word or Excel.
    You can open it in the desktop app on your PC, but you can't open embedded objects on the Teams desktop client or in Mobile Teams.
    Please implement this function.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow meeting controls to be moved

When I am in a meeting, and another attendee is sharing their screen, often the meeting controls are in a bad location. Although the will disappear eventually, it would be nice to be able to move them to where I want them.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an option to clear/delete chat history. I find the chat page view to be to cluttered with old chat history on the pane

The chat window shows a listing of all previous persons with whom you have chat history. I find this clutters up the window and would be better if these can be deleted or saved by the user as required.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cross team calendar / schedule / Planner

Add a feature about a Cross Team calendar / schedule / planner to coordinate differents team to not overlap activities

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OST to PST Converter

PST (personal storage table) created to store all your emails, contact, calendar, etc. So now we have told you above how this InQuit OST recovery tool works to solve your OST corruption issue and now we are going to tell its benefits which are the best. This PST file can be stored anywhere in your laptop or computer and it makes easy for you to keep a backup copy of your PST file to move it from one computer to another computer. You are free to convert your data into various formats like MBOX, EML, EMLX, vCal, vCard, MSG etc.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Send screen sharing request

I miss the functionality of sending a screen shring request which will pop on the Teams screen and the contact person will accept to perform screen shring.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams language setting Reset Issue.

We apply a Japanese language pack to "Teams", however after Teams Update, the display setting reset to the English on base language. So I would like you to fix it.
    This is because English is set as the display language and the translation function of English can not be used.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. whiteboard for regular group chat

Want to have whiteboard for regular group chat. We don't want to start a meeting to use whiteboard. General developers and architects can have architect discussion and use whiteboard, especially at the time pandemic or any dev or architect is working from home can use whiteboard for design discussions.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mute-Share toolbar

I want the ability to get this Mute-Share toolbar (see attached) so that it does not block presentation material when someone is doing a screenshot.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Forward Conversations to chat/another team/channel

I love this feature in mobile - would really use it in the Windows app/browser/Mac app. The ability to take a chat message, or channel message, and from the '. . .' menu have the forward option, where you can forward the message to another person, or to another channel/team.
    That would help us use group chat for conversations outside of the team with non team members, then take the final message that has a solution to a 'problem' and pass it back to the team.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Virtual background

There should be a virtual background feature available for mobile and desktop

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Replay to message in named chats using desktop app. Now it is only possible from mobile

Replay to message in named chats using desktop app. Now it is only possible from mobile

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change on-screen notification location

Allow users to choose which corner of the screen notifications should pop up

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Raising this again as Microsoft closed the previous request, saying it was complete even though it was not. (link below)

Teams should install to the program files directory, not the users AppData.

And NO, the answer is not to put a copy of the MSI in Pogram Files and deploy to the users AppData when they login.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an

1,034 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

165 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate Outlook Categories

I would love the ability to use categories I've created in Outlook for files and meetings in Teams, and have those categories carry from one app to the other, no matter which app the category was originally assigned in.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Share dual monitors at one time.

A lot of companies work on dual monitors and it's beneficial for a user to be able to share both monitors at the same time.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base