Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Operating System

would be great to have an "oriented to work" Operating System, based on Microsoft Teams. TeamsOS. With an internal Internet browser. Think about it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Desacople de ventanas

Cuando estas en una CC compartiendo escritorio y alguien te habla la pantalla se pone pequeña al ingresar al chat. Seria muy bueno que se pueda desatachar la ventana de la cc para no perder el foco

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Pin a wiki page to the sidebar and/or open in a separate tab

When working on a wiki page for any substantial amount of time, you may need to interact with people via a channel or chat. It's pretty painful to go back to the channel and wiki, find the page you were working on again... then go answer a chat and have to re-locate that all over again. The "back" button isn't a solution because if you've answered several chats then it takes you back through the whole history.

I'd like to be able to pin a page to the sidebar or possibly open it in a new tab in the desktop…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It delay delivery messages sometimes

It delay delivery messages sometimes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Eliminate Teams landing page in Edge asking if want to download desktop app and eliminate notification quiery popup

I use the web app not the desktop app so I can have multiple instances open. Everytime I go to the teamsite in Edge, it asks if I want the desktop app. I just want the browser to open with my Teamsites.

Also, the popup asking if I want notifications turned on continues to popup. Eliminate this popup.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Simplify the searching bar for contacts

Simplify the searching bar for contacts, sometimes when you dont find a specificic contatct is hard to discover how what it shoud be done to

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improve the performance and usability on notebooks etc. On the iPhone it is ok.

PLS make the user Interface „lean“, less place on screen for „efficient“ working
    Not so childish Icons etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a screenshot button

Add a feature to take screenshots directly from the chat window. Like, when you are chating with someone and you need to send a screenshot to the person, you just have to click on the button, like the file, calendar buttons for an example and then MS Team should allow to take screenshot of MS team incase someone wants to take screenshots of MS Team it's self, or if someone wants to minimize MS team, the minimize button should allow to minimize MS team, and then again re-enable the screenshot activity, once desired screenshot is taken, there should be a…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. email notifications

Enable or disable email notifications for the whole organization in Microsoft Teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Replace Electron app with Native app that runs fast on desktop.

Desktop Microsoft Teams is, well, basically useless. It is the slowest app I use on any PC. It needs either some MAJOR performance improvements or a complete re-write as a Native app so that it runs fast on PCs.

Come on guys, you can do better than this!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Take up less of screen an show status

Software takes up over half the screen. I want to see who is available in our firm in a small, tall window on one side of the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams desktop client can't connect

Teams desktop client disconnects very frequently. I have no clue about why and restarting the application doesn't work. There's no indication on what should I do to resolve the problem. Sometimes, if I reboot, it works again, sometimes next day it will work again. I also didn't find any other place to report a bug. This is a hassle. I usually end up using the web version instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Open the Microsoft Teams when new chat arrives

Like Microsoft Lync Open the Microsoft Teams when new chat arrives instead of just notification alone (Win 10).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Don't update auto make it as defualt ask before any update and if I want I can change it from settings

Don't update auto make it as defualt ask before any update and if I want I can change it from settings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Immersive Reader --> Reading references (book Symbol) -->Translator --> "Kannada is missing"

Why Kannada language is missing in MS Teams:
    "Immersive Reader --> Reading references (book Symbol) -->Translator --> "Kannada is missing"

What should I do to add Kannada language ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams as a part of ProPlus C2R

Remove S4B from ProPlus C2R Installer and integrate Microsoft Teams as a ProPlus C2R Application. The standalone MSI or EXE Installer is in my opinion not ready for enterprise deployment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. call history

Under Skype for business full call history was recorded in Outlook. Since implementing Teams this feature no longer is available. Introducing again this connection with outlook for logging full call history in outlook (or other application) would be very convenient. At present history is limited to 28 days which is not sufficient

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Do not show messages or chats on the main screen

Right now, when I have Teams open in one screen, everybody coming to my desk can see my last chats or teams messages, there is not an option to just go to a Dashboard screen or a blank screen where nobody can see my messages or chats.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop showing Teams in alt-tab when I specifically have the app NOT in the task-bar

I don't like Teams in my task bar items with my code editor, etc. since I have too many things already there and it takes up space. Therefore when I alt-tab I do NOT expect to see the Teams icon either, but it does show up. This does not seem like consistent windows behavior. If an app is not in the active taskbar it should not be in Alt-tab either.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Word-wrap the webpage title in link previews

It's hard to get the gist of this article and decide whether to read it, without mouse-ing over the title.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base