Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What Does Canon MX922 Printer Error Code 6000 Mean?

Hii Everyone, Steps to Fix Canon MX328 Printer Error Code 6000 and Canon mx922 error code 6000. Dial +1-888-633-7151 for Fix canon mx328, mx922 error 6000 online by an expert.

https://www.canonprintersupport247.com/blog/how-to-fix-canon-mx328-printer-error-6000/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring the Android UI to Windows (and Mac) Desktop (a new take on the "compact view" request)

I really like Teams, but the one reason I still keep Skype for Business running is the small window size. It occurred to me while using Teams on my Android phone that there is already an ideal solution to this issue. Put a toggle into the desktop app to allow the use of the android style layout that shows the Teams tools that cover 90% of my needs (chat and team browser tab) in a window that is roughly equal to a Skype conversation window. Then allow me to toggle back to the full desktop view when I need to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to be able to make the teams window whatever size you want it to be.

Would like to be able to make the teams window narrower, like you can with skype you can make it as big or small as you want.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Pin to Top" active documents being edited in chat, group chat, or team channel, regardless of what tab you are in

If I am working in a document in a group chat, but I get a chat message from another person, in order to read that new message, I will lose my place in the current document I'm editing.

To "get back to work" after reading the other chat message, I have to go back to the other chat and find the document, then click a few times and scroll around to be able to open in edit mode and figure out where I was. This is horribly inefficient, considering how efficient it COULD be -- collaborative editing is the strongest…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. pop out window with active chats all in one place. If not it is hard to even see active conversations with contracts on one tab

pop out window with active chats all in one place. If not it is hard to even see active conversations. Also contacts tab/link don't show active conversations or message waiting

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. screen size is to big

The screen only lets you make it so small and it still takes up most of the page vs just a tiny section allowing you to still see and read the messages without stopping you from working like Skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to use only the "Like" icon

In addition to "Like", icons such as "Heart" and "Laughing" have been added.
    I want to restrict the use of the "Heart".
    I want to optionally set whether to hide or not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the Send a Copy feature to the desktop/online apps too

In Teams mobile app you can tap the ellipsis for a shared file and then tap Send a Copy. This sends the file as an email attachment in Outlook (no downloading necessary). This functionality needs to be available in Teams online/desktop apps.

To share a file from desktop/online you have to first download and then toggle to Outlook to start a new message. I'm trying to implement Teams across my organization but for users who work in Outlook all day, all the extra steps to get a file from Teams (SharePoint) to Outlook is click intensive vs. sending attachments from…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to be Online - Like Skype Business

Like Skype Business - we had setting to be online for so many hrs .
    that feature is missing in this, update the setting and add that.

its helpful for people who are working in a back ground.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のチャネルの詳細な利用状況をエクスポートできるような機能を追加してほしい

Feature to export detailed usage information of Teams’ channels

■Description(内容):
    チャネル単位での Teams への投稿内容や、メンションの数、メンションの内容、「LIKE」の数をカウントして BI ツールで投稿との関連性を調査し、利用することを想定している。チャネル単位で BI ツールと連携可能な形での利用状況のカウントが簡易的に取得できるような機能を追加してほしい。

We would like to investigate the relevance between the Teams posts and the detailed usage by using BI tool, for each channel in Teams, such as contents of posts, the number of mentions, contents of mentions and the number of “Like”s.
    Therefore, we would like you to provide a feature to obtain the detailed usage information for Teams and collaborate with BI tool more easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Replace Electron app with Native app that runs fast on desktop.

Desktop Microsoft Teams is, well, basically useless. It is the slowest app I use on any PC. It needs either some MAJOR performance improvements or a complete re-write as a Native app so that it runs fast on PCs.

Come on guys, you can do better than this!

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate the Windows 'Teams' app into Outlook

Can the desktop Teams app be integrated into Outlook?

As most people have outlook open all day on their desktop, it would make sense to integrate Teams into Outlook for internal instant communications and file sharing, video chats and meetings etc?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cockpit

In my "Team" I want to be able to create a channel tab that provides links to several other tools and/or websites like a cockpit using tiles. Each tile has an assigned hyperlink that takes me to the tool/website or it opens up in teams directly (preferred). With a hover-over I can see a short description of the tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams access to Exchange O365 mailbox and data

I would like to see Teams be a full replacement for Outlook.

Customers should not have to switch between Teams and Outlook to manage all of their communication, calendaring, communication, and collaboration.

I am not looking for better integration between Teams and Outlook. Instead I would like Teams to build a better email and calendar experience outside Outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add cellular calling option like Skype.

Skype has better call options and phone integration.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. message notification

when you get a new chat it will pop up on your screen so you know other wise you dont know when you have a new message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The desktop app always freezes

When I use TEAMs from my desktop it always freezes.

It’s not the computer, it’s been checked. It happens to my teammates as well.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cannot give control to share

I cannot allow a user in my contacts to control my screen while sharing my desktop. It states that Hardware acceleration is turned off, but there is currently no easy way to turn it back on. This is critical if we are being forced into this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the forward and back buttons' navigation include the video window pane.

Why is it that the video window pane is not considered part of the navigation? I can use the forward and back buttons to interrupt my viewing and navigate away from my meeting, but not to get back to it after doing so. What gives? Is there a setting I'm not aware of here?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base