Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams desktop app does not have locked out option

MS teams desktop app does not have locked out option to lock teams app. It is very easy to see chat history by someone else when you leave your PC. So, I have to lock pc or log out teams every time. It is very highly personal security risk. Why MS teams doesn't have this feature but other app has?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Whiteboard in Teams

Whiteboard in teams is not available, because of that facing issue to express the ideas in diagrammatically way while being in meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export

Export conversation History to reduce memory consumption

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make RECENT adjustable

Make RECENT adjustable to Present Day, Past 72 hours ,This week . anything over a week to go into history.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add option to add multiple accounts in Teams as is allowed on the mobile app.

It is great to just click a button to switch between accounts just like the mobile app has. If it can be worked in the mobile app, why not allow this in the desktop app? This will save users time from having to log out & in between accounts when needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keep users windows in a stack and replace inactive window with last active user.

When a user with a video window drops out, their window changes to a circle with initials. I suggest replacing that window the last user that was replaced due to inactivity. This maximizes the window utilization and continues to keep the most active users on screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide a sorting function for the chats, because its a big chaos at the moment

Provide a sorting function for the chats, because its a big chaos at the moment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How to Convert EDB to PST Free

A highly advanced tool to make the conversion of exchange database name as the SysInspire EDB to PST Converter software. This software can simply convert the EDB file with all its inner elements such as- emails, contacts, chats, tasks, notes, journal, appointments, etc to PST file with in a very short time. Also, you can simply export exchange mailbox items to five different file formats such as- HTML, EML, MSG, EMLX, and PST.

Get more info:- https://www.sysinspire.com/edb-to-pst-converter/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow remote control to work after UAC prompt

When you start screen sharing session and this is happening regardless of OS platform. When user that is sharing screen is on Windows machine if at any point during screen share user get prompted by UAC to execute something as administrator, anyone who is remotely controlling machine at that point loses control. After this prompt remote user can still move mouse but cannot click anything and what has to happen is you have to stop sharing and start new screen share.

What should happen is if you remote controlling someone's machine through desktop sharing and UAC comes up, after that…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mute from the desktop app when connected to phone

The feature I would like to have is to mute myself with a click of a button in the desktop app when I am connected via my phone, as it works today, the app shows me as permanently muted and I have to mute/unmute myself directly on my phone, the muted status in Teams Desktop doesn't change regardless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Navigation from Teams to Chat and back to Teams should put you back in same channel

If you

1. go to some channel in the Teams view,

2. navigate to the Activity view,

3. navigate back to the Teams view,

you can end up in a completely different channel that you started out with. Besides being confusing on its own, this adds some amount of risk that you end up inputting messages in the wrong channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Respond to a Thread - Move to the top the option "Start a new conversation"

On desktop app, please move to the top the option of responding into a thread! I have to explain all the time to all people how to respond to a conversation thread, "TO SCROLL DOWN" to see the "Reply" option..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams notifications on Windows should be available in the notification center.

When using the Windows desktop Teams app, notifications appear in their own separate pop-up Window, then disappear. They do not show up in the Notification Center slide-in. This means if you miss seeing the notification when it first pops-up, there is no way to access that notification after the fact.

The Teams desktop app should leverage the existing Notification Center on Windows, including the momentary notifications when they initially appear and then be available afterward in the Notification Center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow scheduled team meeting and recording in channels for privacy.

Allow scheduled team meeting and recording in channels for privacy, so that only members within the channel will have access and we will be able to save recordings within the channel only

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Response button

allow "response" button on the desktop or web chat, to be able to make a reference on the direct or relevant chat

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. For making yourself appear "away, unavail, et. al." it would be nice to have a timer pop up for choosing time length

In the evening I like to appear "away" if I am working but I forget to reset it. It would be nice to have the default automatically set to "available" upon first use after midnight or to have a time pop-up to select amount of time to appear away

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. About the display order of groups created in "Create new contact group"

Please implement the function to change the display order of the groups created in "Create new contact group" other than UNICODE ascending order.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Turn off Spell Check for pop-out chat windows

Un-checking the setting for "Enable spell check" will disable spell checking in the main window, but spell checking does not get disabled in pop-out chat windows.
    Please fix this setting so that it works properly throughout the entire program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base