Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. client auto update

How does the teams desktop client auto update in an enterprise environment? My management is concerned in a ~10K user environment if everyone signed on at the same time in the morning and a client update is available, that it will saturate our ISP connection if 10k folks are trying to pull an 80mb update package. Can you please describe how this mitigated? delivery optimization like Windows 10 can achieve for its updates? or randomized updating of the clients to not all update at once?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting. when the…

1,833 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

140 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. go back to skype for business!! this is a very big step back in time, a total usles product

Go back to skype for business, this product should never have been put in production, it is a big waste of money, can not be used professonel.
    my customers are using skype for business and I can not communicate

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. notification from teams - Who app

Teams is designed to show desktop notification through web app. when using desktop Team clients - Who app the notification is redundant and disturbing while using the chat functionality
    -kannan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BRB is now "Away" with the latest desktop version ???

Just installed 1.2.00.2460 (64-bit) yesterday... please see attached screenshot... which one of you did this? Do you even have a QA department at all?????

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Нет оповещений

Нет оповищения об новых сообщениях. Пока не зайдешь в приложения, не видно сообщений.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop need to restart Teams when PC is intially offline but connecting shortly

we run MS Team in our organization and one of the things that really bugs me is how the startup when PC starts is handled. A good example of handle the startup is Skype for business if you do not initially have a network connection or lets say your organization requires you connect over proxy which is initially unavailable when outside the network Skype doesn't care. It keeps checking and once you have a connection you are online. In worse case you just need to hit sign-in. MS Teams on the other hand is completely different. Although I have it…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to enable persistent notifications / alerts for group conversations.

If you message someone privately via teams they will get a popup, a sound notification and the Icon will flash orange - indicating that a message has arrived.

We want the ability to be able to turn this level of notification ON for group threads.

The threads are fairly Quiet and so this will not be intrusive, it would just be WAY more helpful if when we post into a group thread everyone knew about it Right away, rather than adding a Team update and then having to send an email saying "check teams", which kinda defeats the purpose

many…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Like button in toast message popup

Adding a like button in the toast message popup in the bottom right corner would greatly increase the speed at which you can confirm a message/question.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Alles moet beter

Betere stabiliteit van de desktop applicatie (hij crash); keuze om bestanden lokaal of in een nieuw scherm te openen; leeslijsten zijn niet praktisch of niet beschikbaar; koppelingen openen zorgt ervoor dat je vorige koppeling verloren gaat; opnames zijn incompleet en omslachtig in gebruik; meldingen zijn opdringerig en bijna niet te onderdrukken; instellingen vanuit organisatie achterhalen is weinig transparant (vooral icm synchronisatie van verschillende platforms zoals outlook en teamleider) ; chat updates komen het ene moment snel binnen maar soms duurt het ook erg lang voor ze binnenkomen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. share desktop

Hello ,
    I want to know if Teams will have the ability to remote shared desktop with out the need of video or voice call ?

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Popups

Please allow IT Administrators to disable the popup messages for anything. If this application is going to truly be the replacement for Skype For Business (as I've heard), treat it like a business application. I tried going in to my messages and was greeted by a popup notice that I should download the app on my phone. I closed it and went to go select a user, and poof it popped up again immediately.
    This is just a nuisance of a feature that should not be in a messaging platform designed for business use. If I want the app on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Triple click has a random behaviour

Triple clicking should select the whole line
    It currently also (seemingly randomly) also selects AT LEAST one of:
    - The current message's date
    - The next message's date
    - The whole next message

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change the word copy to paste, when copying documents from one team to another.

When you copy a document from one team to another the button says copy, when you are pasting it into this team.

If this was to change tho the word paste, it would stop confusion when completing this task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The footprint

The foot print is to large on the desktop. You need to allow shrink. Adding new people to my frequent list on chat is to cumbersome, you need to get back to Skype functionality. Finding past conversations and meetings, history, is a hit and miss. It needs to be easier.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. so much wasted space - only 8 comments/entries fit at a time. GROSS. look at IRC, get closer to that. This is just wasteful.

So much wasted space - only 8 comments/entries fit at a time. GROSS. look at IRC, get closer to that. This is just wasteful - of screen real estate and users's time.

Who came up with this design? Certainly not someone who would actually USE the tool.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base