Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove the emoticon popup when the mouse hovers over a message

A recent update changed the desktop app such that hovering over a message pops up a selection of emoticons, presumably to react to a message. I think any thinking individual would appreciate this distraction not being there. I sincerely hope its removed in a near future update.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to check status messages in bulk

Even if you set the status message, it does not appear unless you place the cursor on the icon.
    It would be nice if you could view status messages in bulk in the call's contact field.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cockpit

In my "Team" I want to be able to create a channel tab that provides links to several other tools and/or websites like a cockpit using tiles. Each tile has an assigned hyperlink that takes me to the tool/website or it opens up in teams directly (preferred). With a hover-over I can see a short description of the tile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add thumbs up to desktop notification

add thumbs up to desktop notification

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Right Mouse Click to Tag/UnTag User for Status Change

SFB allows you to right mouse click a user and "tag" them for a status change. Teams feature is buried inside of Settings. This is a feature that is mostly used in an "on-demand" moment because of a time sensitive need to contact that user. Burying the setting inside of Settings greatly inhibits the usefulness of "tagging/untagging" a user.

Please implement the ability to "tag/untag" a user by right mouse clicking a user anywhere in Teams or the office products.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Cannot hide a pinned conversation

You cannot "Hide" a pinned conversation. You first have to UnPin it and then hide it. "Hide" is "Hide" it should not matter that it is "Pinned". There should be a "Hide" / "UnHide" icon right after the user's name. See other posts on this icon topic.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to control default action of [Edit] button on Word/Excel/PowerPoint viewer

I want to control default action of [Edit] button on Word/Excel/PowerPoint viewer in Teams. [Edit] button default action is "edit in Teams" now, but I want to set default action to "edit in Word/Excel/PowerPoint(desktop client)".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow remote control to work after UAC prompt

When you start screen sharing session and this is happening regardless of OS platform. When user that is sharing screen is on Windows machine if at any point during screen share user get prompted by UAC to execute something as administrator, anyone who is remotely controlling machine at that point loses control. After this prompt remote user can still move mouse but cannot click anything and what has to happen is you have to stop sharing and start new screen share.

What should happen is if you remote controlling someone's machine through desktop sharing and UAC comes up, after that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a screenshot button

Add a feature to take screenshots directly from the chat window. Like, when you are chating with someone and you need to send a screenshot to the person, you just have to click on the button, like the file, calendar buttons for an example and then MS Team should allow to take screenshot of MS team incase someone wants to take screenshots of MS Team it's self, or if someone wants to minimize MS team, the minimize button should allow to minimize MS team, and then again re-enable the screenshot activity, once desired screenshot is taken, there should be a…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Broadcast / Announce to all Teams users on Teams APP

Teams is a hub of O365 tools, then sometimes we would like to inform current trouble status or new feature to all Teams users at once. If we can show announce banner on top of Teams app, like under search window, it would be more helpful for all Teams users and Teams admins.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Desktop Icon Creation Duplication with OneDrive Known Folder Move

In a shared computer environment, an admin may choose to install the Team Machine Wide Installer MSI.

Teams is then installed at every user logonif it doesn't exist.

"%ProgramFiles%\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=default"

Is put in the following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

This presents an issue when using OneDrive Known Folder Move. When a new user logs on to a PC, OneDrive has its own installation and update process. The Teams installer will start and finish before OneDrive has installed, updated and initiated Known Folder Move for the new user profile.

Teams will create a desktop icon in the %USERPROFILE%\Desktop shell folder. As…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Floating calling window in Teams as SFB client

When users in a Teams call, after they minimize the Teams client, there's no floating calling window as SFB client(refer to the screenshot), please have this function.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Horizontal Line Separating Team List or Channels List in Favorites

I would like to add horizontal lines in different colors to my list of Teams and Channels in Favorites to group them for quick reference. It could just be a line that I can add between two teams or two channels like I would do if I had a red pencil.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multi-Account platform.

Hey team, I just landed an idea... Teams should be able to use multiple accounts; This intented to outsourcing and partner companies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better access to hidden group chats

When dealing with 1-to-1 Chats, you have the option to "Hide" them within the UI. When you initiate a chat with a person after it has been hidden, the history is still there.

When dealing with Group Chats, you also have the option to "Hide" the chat within the UI. However, the only way to get back to that Group Chat is to start a new chat, and add all previous chat participants back in, at which point, the group chat history is displayed. If you are unable to recall every participant that was in that Group Chat, there is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add button to take a screenshot and send the screenshot in a channel conversation or chat

When I am in a chat or conversation and I need to take a screenshot and send it, it would be nice to be able to just click a button, take the screenshot and send it as part of the conversation or chat without having to leave Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Incorporate MS To do or task to the teams left side menu

incorporate the option of review and complete the task of Outlook or to do, as part of the teams platform

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A separate automatic installer? Is this microsoft or Nigergian Prince LLC

Stop making this as annoying to uninstall as malware. A separate application called Teams Machine-Wide Installer? Malware. Automatically reinstalling and launching on startup after each uninstall is how you ruin the reputation of Microsoft. This is disgusting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Contacts its own page WITHOUT the last chat in the background. Able to set as the default page to leave open all day - like Skype did.

Teams takes up too much of the screen when not in use. Skype was much better with its list of My Group and Favorites, so you could see status at a glance... AND it could be a very narrow profile open all day on the screen. Teams default footprint is TOO BIG.

AND don't display the last chat in the background!!

Give function to end a Chat and give a clear background so the last chat isn't sitting in the background hours after you are done - this is extremely annoying and a problem in an open office where people…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.