Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add contacts automatically to Microsoft Teams

・We want you to add the ability to automatically add newly added users in the Office 365 admin center to contacts in Microsoft Teams
    ・In the Microsoft Teams Administration Center, add the ability for administrators to register users to be added to Microsoft Teams contacts.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams stores too many entries in Windows Credential Manager

One action we have been directed to do in troubleshooting Teams launch issues is to clear all saved passwords for the Teams app which are located in the Windows Credential Manager.
    Currently, Teams has over 20 entries here! Removing any of them and relaunching teams makes them all get created again.
    All the entries here make troubleshooting login issues a real pain, and these need to be consolidated and simplified.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Separate teams/chat, calendar, calls, and files into separate executables

Having all of these disparate workflows, which are already largely independent of each other and only slightly interconnected, is needless bloat, wasting space when I only need to use one, and making things more difficult when I need to use more than one (eg. read a chat while in a call). It's like if Word, Powerpoint, and Excel all lived in one window and I couldn't look at more than one at the same time, but also had an always-visible sidebar telling me the others exist. These should be in separate executables.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show other contact numbers when clicking the Phone button

On the Windows Desktop App, when clicking on the Handset Icon it shows only Teams and Mobile number. It should show all the contact numbers setup for the user on ad.
    Similar request here:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Can-we-enable-calling-from-the-Contact-Card/td-p/481556

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please publish the update history for Microsoft Teams Client on the Web. I can check the list of Update history for Office 365 ProPlus on t

Please publish the update history for Microsoft Teams Client on the Web.

I can check the list of Update history for Office 365 ProPlus on the web.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-office365-proplus-by-date

We also want to publish information on the Web, so that I can see the details of added and updated features for Microsoft Teams clients.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Would like the ability to copy a customized hyper link into Teams that will open into a locally installed application.

I have customer who want to get ability to copy a customized hyper link into Teams that will open into a locally installed application.
    Customer would like the ability to copy a customized hyper link into Teams that will open into a locally installed application. You will copy the customized hyper link and copy it into Teams to send to other staff in his organization.

What the customer is attempting to do is to create a customized hyperlink and copy it into Teams to send to other staff in his organization. The link like this : “edient:Command=ShowEditForm&ControllerID=SupportIncident......“ this link can…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Incluir la opción de notas de voz en la aplicación de escritorio

Incluir la opción de notas de voz en la aplicación de escritorio

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams Windows client greatly increases roaming profile size (Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams)

On Windows, Teams is available as an end user self-install app. The app installs to AppData\Local, so not part of the roaming profile. However, it stores *LOTS* of content in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams.

Our organisation uses roaming profiles and profile size policy; users are beginning to exceed a [very generous!] limit, and Teams is a big cause of this.

Please fix!

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. For the desktop version, the "Your Teams" window should be resizable.

For the desktop version, the "Your Teams" window should be resizable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Audio on the Mobile App but Screenshare on the Desktop App

I'm beginning to like Teams...however one feature I really need is starting to REALLY bug me. If I'm out and about and I take a call from a colleague on the mobile app and he/she wants to screenshare with me - it's no good using the mobile app for that for many reasons. What I'd love to do is continue using my mobile for audio but screenshare from the desktop. If I do that it cuts my audio off...and sometimes I don't have a headset or similar to hand so would really like to use the mobile for voice while…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Full width chat

On desktop, chat takes up only the center of available field. Woiuld be much better use of space, if the chat was full width

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. resize sidebar

Sidebar is taking too much space. Can this be resizable? Loosing to much space

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to control default action of [Edit] button on Word/Excel/PowerPoint viewer

I want to control default action of [Edit] button on Word/Excel/PowerPoint viewer in Teams. [Edit] button default action is "edit in Teams" now, but I want to set default action to "edit in Word/Excel/PowerPoint(desktop client)".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove that bar at the bottom of the teams screen when sharing desktops

Please remove the bar at the bottom of the team sharing screen- I can't screen shot the whole screen and it's quite irritating!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Draw during the shared screen

Draw during the shared screen

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Free the Team list panel

In Teams client, teams list are organize in 2 level (My teams and hidden teams.
    Will really appreciate to organize manually the list of teams in this panel.
    Example :
    - Internal Projects
    - Customer projects
    - Dev

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need a Remind for Unviewed Chat Messages

I notice chat messages get buried behind screens that I have open and I miss them. I need a reminder if one hasn't been viewed. I work with multiple screens and that makes it easy to miss a chat message from someone when it is buried behind many open items on my desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mutliple tenants and accounts: show a full list for switching

As a Teams user with access to multiple tenants under a variety of account credentials, I want to see a full list of all tenants I have access to so I can jump tenants (authenticating along the way) to reach my content regardless of account association.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. No Linux support

Hey,
    Don’t you love Linux?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please Allow for Moving from One Company to Another

Mobile allows for this, but desktop doesn't. I work with a company that is a subsidiary of another and have two different Office emails. This means that I can only access one Microsoft Teams at a time in the desktop app.

I'm able to quickly move from one to the other on Microsoft Teams mobile, but not on desktop. My work around is having a browser version of M Teams in addition to my desktop version open at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.