Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Open Team in New Window

It would be great to have the ability to right-click on a team and choose "Open Team in New Window." That would be the only team in the new window, allowing the user to focus on that team's work. And even better if that window only accepted chats from that team's members.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. select messages in chat

Please add ability to select messages in chat and for actions with them: Forward, Delete etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please disclose the logic regarding the “Recommend” and “Trend” notification functions.

There are "Recommend" and "Trends" in the notification function.
    However, there is no information about this notification.
    Please disclose the logic of operation.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow pop-out of any window shared from anyone (cameras, desktop shares etc).

We have a hard time as a team trying to stay connected with remote teams in our meetings. When we start a meeting, we see the other team or team members in their individual camera windows. But often, this is 1 or two conference rooms in remote locations. We'd like to be able to pop out a video share from one team, and drag it to another screen (imagine dual TV's in a conference room or dual screens at a desktop) and pop out another screen being shared for DevOps backlog.

We start to feel disconnected from other teams when…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Spell check in multiple languages

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

851 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full width chat

On desktop, chat takes up only the center of available field. Woiuld be much better use of space, if the chat was full width

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remote access with Teams

Hello, my name is Djalma I work with IT support. I use Teams application in my work and I think it's very good. It would be great if it had the functionality for remote access between participants.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Set incoming ringtones per call queue

Since multiple call queues may be directed to the same person it would be great to be able to set unique ringtones per call queue so that the receptionist can easily identify who is calling without having to look at the notification toast. This would allow them to make the appropriate greeting when using a headset when stepping away from their desk.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keyboard shortcut to toggle Full Screen in meeting

I would like a shortcut that toggles full screen on and off. The GUI interface to do this is awkward. Full screen is important with someone else is screen-sharing in a meeting, so their screen is not shrunk to an unreadable size.

(On Microsoft's web page it says to use Ctrl-Shift-F, but on my Teams app that is mapped to "open filter" and there is no mapping for full screen.)

I am using Teams 1.3.00.3564 on Windows 10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keep it extremely simple like Whatsapp or even better like Wechat please!

The Team window takes a very large screen space; unlike other office communication tools that can be reduced to a size like iPhone instant message.

Very cumbersome application. Please help to keep it simple like a true messenger.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. launch MS Teams meeting always in desktop app

I want MS Teams to open Automatic in the Desktop app, not in the browser

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft Teams Windows Firewall pop up

Issue : Microsoft Teams client is showing prompt “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” even after adding Windows Firewall Rules. Issue is explained in the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients but no resolution.

589 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  64 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. PLEASE PROVIDE "MESSAGE FORWARDING OPTION" in TEAMS APP

At present , users are struggling to forward a "image message" , they are downloading and again search -upload the same file to send it to another user.For text messages , they are copying and pasting but it is not the same for picture messages.

Suggestions:

1) while hovering over the message , the last icon after the smileys "..."
    2) when clicking on this icon "message forwarding option should appear".
    3) This is very useful for millions of users , I have been expecting this on your next update.
    4) I have not checked it for mobile . If…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow channels to be grouped at a user level

I have loads of channels as I work for a large company and touch lots of products and departments. I am
    Regularly added to channels related to similar areas and would like to be able to group my channels so that I can organise them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Response button

allow "response" button on the desktop or web chat, to be able to make a reference on the direct or relevant chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow access control on Files uploaded in teams, read write delete update

Allow us to control users access on files, that users should not be allowed to edit file only comments, users should not be allowed to delete file without permission and notification on shared filed deletion

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Microsoft teams Desktop should allow to add multiple accounts like pidgin or trillian. The desktop version doesn't allow it as of now.

Microsoft teams Desktop should allow to add multiple accounts like pidgin or trillian. The desktop version doesn't allow it as of now. Like I should be able to add client and my own company Microsoft account in teams and should be able to communicate with both seamlessly. This is a priority requirement for people like me who are in consulting world and working with client. As of now I use client teams in desktop and my company teams in browser ( but it sucks).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Permit replies to specific portion of the conversation via the computer

Currently replies via the mobile apps permit users to reply to specific portions of a conversation. This is very good as it provide context to that statement.
    This function is not available when replying via the computer.
    Appreciate the developer's consideration. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Microsot To Do as an app in Teams

Please add the ability to add Microsoft To Do as an app integration within Teams, the same way you can now do for Planner. It would be great to be able to see all my tasks within Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recording video from host computer while recording a Team Meeting

When hosting a Teams meeting to record a live group training, we often share video of the computer's camera. We want to be able to record the full screen video and not have it just be a quadrant of the full screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base