Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. what big wide this window is!

The view window is too wide. It should be made to enable to change to thin window size by user.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adjustable Columns When Attaching Files

When attaching a file in teams, I cannot adjust the Name, Modified, etc. column widths. This is frustrating when picking between files of similar long names.

For instance, we might have 2 files called:
    "[Client Name] Project Questionnaire English"
    "[Client Name] Project Questionnaire Spanish"

This will result in 2 files that look the same when attaching in Teams: "[Client Name] Project Questionnaire...". I can't even see the full name by hovering over the name. Very frustrating!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ctrl + end does not scroll to bottom of chat.

Every other microsoft (and non microsoft) application utilized ctrl + end and ctrl + home to get to the top and bottom respectively. If you scroll up a conversation in Teams, the only way to get to the most recent chat is to scroll all the way back down, or switch to another chat then back to the original.

ctrl + end should scroll to most recent, or at the very least there should be a button to take you there.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Formating and theme

1. Formatting options - BOLD, ITALIC, etc

2. Ability to change theme or at least change background.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remote Support via Microsoft Teams

Skype for Business offers the possibility to support colleagues remote instead of using Teamviewer.

Normal Skype and Teamviewer are our current tools

The remote support via Microsoft Teams would be another excellent reason why my colleagues should install Teams.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Trello won't sign in from desktop app

Note: Your browser was unable to load all of Trello's resources. They may have been blocked by your firewall, proxy or browser configuration.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Chat Acessibility

I use a team that has website tabs for our daily work such as: ticketing system, reports, dashboards, intranet sit and other dashboards. It is really hard to use Teams as an all encompassing digital workspace when I have to get out of the team tab website to chat with anyone. If we could open chat in new tab or have the ability to split screen with chat and teams that would be AMAZING! LOVE TEAMS and am excited to watch it grow and continually improve.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams should not be installed under %userprofile% but %program files% instead

Teams should not be installed under %userprofile% but %program files% instead

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. pdf viewer rotate

The PDF viewer inside of Teams is a very weak minimally viable product. Rather than ask for a whole bunch of features, it would be nice to open the PDF in the viewer I have registered on my computer that will be much more robust. Currently I have to download and then open...kind of a pain. Would be better to open like I can from a browser where the MIME type is past to the OS and the OS can open with the viewer that it has registered for that file type. Alternatively...put an awesome full featured PDF viewer inside…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Modern Authentication

A message always comes up saying "modern authentication has failed". I close this window and the app signs in.
    Can there just be an option to disable "modern authentication".
    The regular sign in works :).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Go native for Desktop

Please, for the love of sweet candy, go native on Desktop platforms.

I'm looking for an alternative for Slack as it uses electron which sucks every last bit of RAM it possibly can before destroying your computer in a sweet sweet fire. After seeing the wonderful performance of Office I was really hoping this would be native!

Please, someone with the development experience and financial backing of Microsoft must be able to accomplish this in your sleep. Surely?

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams is great but needs to adopt a one-hotkey-to-rule-them-all paradigm similar to Slack's `cmd+k`

Teams is great but needs to adopt a one-hotkey-to-rule-them-all paradigm similar to Slack's cmd+k. The current setup seems to have context sensitive hotkeys, and I can't always remember which ones to use where. I want to push one shortcut, type [part of] the name of the location I want to get to. It should go there regardless of my current location (can't get from chat to teams this way) and regardless of my destination.

• one key to bring up keyboard navigation

• UI quickly suggests chats, teams, channels, files, etc that have my text in them.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow multitennancy!

Please allow MS Teams to be logged in to 2 or more organizations in parallel.

We are working with customers who have added us to their O365 account base and we need to be able to run 2 teams instances - each logged in to different organization (one organization is ours and other is partners).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. customization needed for Cloud storage login screen

Our customer uses BOX integration for their teams.
    They are trying to get the BOX sign in screen to default to SSO integration they have setup with BOX.

However, when we try to add box storage from the teams screen it always defaults to the login screen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Don't include Teams in task switcher when closed

When Teams is running it always appears in my task switcher (ALT+TAB), even after I have closed the window.

Steps:
    1. Open teams and log on.
    2. Make sure your settings are to keep the application running in close.
    3. Close the window. You should no longer see Teams in your taskbar, but you should still see the Teams notification icon in the system tray.
    4. Hold the ALT key and press TAB. Keep the ALT key pressed.

The next window in the task switcher is Teams, even though the window has been closed.

Worse yet - if I release…

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. moving the search bar and adding store NOT helpful...

moving the search bar and the Profile picture to the top is not helpful or useful... harder to work with... please give the option to move those back to where they were

also can remove store icon since my department users will not be buying things from MS

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Desktop App needs to allow the Font to be adjusted

We have a number of users who are struggling with the font size the desktop app, be great if it could be adjusted. Its fine on the web app.

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi guys, turns out that we put this on the previous release notes but it actually isn’t releasing until this week.

I’m really sorry! I hope you all weren’t too affected.

Some of you have pinged me individually on this, I’ll make sure to let you know on email/Twitter too. I’ll update this item back to complete once the feature is out.

Thank you so much for your feedback and engagement, and please keep helping us make this product great!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams
    Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Social: twitter.com/skprufo

18. Weather app removed, how can I get it back

While trying out the new feature "Include information from an app in a conversation" I enabled the Weather "app" and wasn't able to change the degrees to celsius from fahrenheit. So I clicked remove, thinking I could add it again, but I can't seem to find it again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Take screenshot on desktop app

One should be able to take screenshot and share in conversation thread without leaving Microsoft Teams app.

187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Warren responded

Whether you are using PC or MAC you can already take a screen shot.

With PC the shortcut for a selected capture area is: SHIFT+WINDOWS_Key+S
    (this will allow you to select an area and capture it as an image to the clipboard.)
    With PC the shortcut for a entire desktop screen capture is the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard.

With MAC the shortcut for a selected capture area is: COMMAND+SHIFT+4
    (this will allow you to select an area and capture it as an image to the clipboard.)
    With MAC the shortcut for an entire desktop screen capture is: COMMAND+CTRL+SHIFT+3

This should meet your needs. If you feel it does not, please provide a summary in the comments as to your use case and why the OS capture tools are insufficient for your needs.

Thank you!
    -Warren

20. Make error messages appear somewhere in the app

On the mac desktop app, I try to upload a file that gives me an error. in the top right corner of my screen. Clicking on the error gives me nothing and I can't read the full message in the little bubble so I have no idea what's wrong. Maybe show the error in the actual chat so it's readable?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base