Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Edit in Word/Excel - Currently not working

When you have saved an excel/ word file in files section in teams then you click on the file and edit. The edit in word/excel online works but the edit in word/excel does nothing and does not open word/excel to edit the document. Desktop teams version is Microsoft Teams Version 1.0.00.10302 (64-bit). It was last updated on 4/21/17.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

32 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It is bothersome to scroll conversation screen. I want ask you to improve it as I can scroll smoothly with arrow keys.

It is bothersome to scroll conversation screen. I want ask you to improve it as I can scroll smoothly with arrow keys.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. テナント間の切替が不便と感じました。slackのworkspace切替のような仕様にしてもらえると助かります。

テナント間の切替が不便と感じました。slackのworkspace切替のような仕様にしてもらえると助かります。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Would you supply screen shot function?

Would you supply screen shot function?It's very useful for team members quick communication and it's should be a frequently-used function. I just don't understand how it could be missed in both Skype and Teams.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Float on Top

Constantly switching to the Desktop Client's window is incredibly annoying. It desperately needs a thin border, float on top state.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support back/forward mouse buttons in app

It would be great if the desktop app (I'm using Windows) would support back/forward navigation using assigned mouse buttons (usually thumb buttons). This works in web browsers by default, but the desktop app requires clicking the back/forward arrows in the top-left of the interface.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. min window width is too large for my liking.

min window width is too large for my liking. Option are way to minimal...but we have stickers?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make it look and work like Hipchat

Make it look and work like Hipchat.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams not using WIndows 10 Features (ex. Pin to Start, People Bar, Cortana, etc)

Teams not using WIndows 10 Features (ex. Pin to Start, People Bar, Cortana, etc)

I should be able to pin any item from Teams to the Start Screen
    - ex. Person I am chatting with

Group I am chatting with

Teams / Channel / Favorites.

The fact is there is nothing in Teams that uses the Start Menu except for the app launching. As a Microsoft product I expect Teams to be in the forefront in taking advantage of the Windows 10 features.

I should be able to pin my Teams contacts in the People Bar. I should be able…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Would like the ability to import data to an existing SharePoint List

There is a feature to import data to a new SharePoint List. Would like to expand this to allow the import of new data to an existing SharePoint List.

I found a 3rd part add-in for this functionality, but our company does not allow that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Logout

The app logs me out every time i want to use it. The frustrating thing is that my account is linked to a different phone number than the one i use, so i can’t use the app until i get home. There is no other way to log in, no other security steps except for this one. Really unsatisfied

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. windows-wide shortcut to start or answer phone calls

I want to switch fully from S4B to MSTeams. In S4B, I use PhoneTools from Estos, to answer phone calls with a single keystroke or to start a phone call. when I have marked a phone number and press the defined hotkey. See: https://www.estos.com/products/phonetools

So: You should implement the option for a windows wide shortcut/hotkey to start or answer phone calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stay unread till pressed read botton

When I go to Activity and press one of the new mention will automatically mark read on another thread's mention in the same channel which losts my attention. It is good to have a READ botton on the mention itself to manually mark as read, especially the mention was @ to me.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please stop automatically collapsing the Section and Page list - it drives me mad - thanks

If there is sufficient screen space, don't automatically collapse the list of Sections and Pages. This should be a User decision, a simple Pin/Unpin would do. Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. add planner dashboard

would like to add planner icon under files or in the same nav

would like to be able to manage all my plans across varying teams and channels , additionally would like to see my "todo" list from outlook in this view

to create a centralized screen to work from

having to jump into so many different planners to check for work to do is counter productive, and jumping into the web portal is not a very attractive solution, especially if we're aiming to keep users in the teams application

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would be nice if when changing to a chat screen Message box would gain focus

this would allow quicker access to type messages.

This is how other chat platforms have operated, my default behavior is to switch to a chat window and start typing... but I'm then usually triggering hot keys.

I would like to be able to go into a chat window and immediately be able to start typing without clicking the "Type a new message" box.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change the way the contact list can be displayed, picture or name (font and size) only or both.

Change the way the contact list can be displayed, picture or name (font and size) only or both. Right or left side of the chat window.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. what big wide this window is!

The view window is too wide. It should be made to enable to change to thin window size by user.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adjustable Columns When Attaching Files

When attaching a file in teams, I cannot adjust the Name, Modified, etc. column widths. This is frustrating when picking between files of similar long names.

For instance, we might have 2 files called:
    "[Client Name] Project Questionnaire English"
    "[Client Name] Project Questionnaire Spanish"

This will result in 2 files that look the same when attaching in Teams: "[Client Name] Project Questionnaire...". I can't even see the full name by hovering over the name. Very frustrating!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base