Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it obvious that a Teams for desktop app needs to be updated

I have an app that I was using with teams that randomly stopped working and it wasn't showing up in my apps to add. I had assumed that support had stopped for the app until I looked a lot more into the settings. I had to manually update the app and then I regained functionality. Would be good to add the option for them to auto update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifications is really inefficient

Why are we flipping between group teams vs. individual chats

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add External Link to Navigation

I would like the ability to add an internet link to the navigation in Teams. My company uses ADP for our payroll. Managers and Supervisors login to approve hours, address missed punches, approve time-off, etc. It would be great if we could add an icon that links to an external website both personally and globally.
    So, where you have the links to Chat, Teams, Meetings, etc. I would like to be able to add the external link there.
    Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Additional download links for the desktop app.

On the O365 homepage there's a dropdown menu to install the desktop office suite or any additional apps, but Microsoft Teams is no where to be found. The only links available are for running the browser version.

Could we get a download link added to one of the O365 pages (with the rest of the apps) or even a button or menu option inside the browser app itself?

Having some additional links is preferred to the constant prompts received while using the browser version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. alt-[arrows] under "files"

I heavily use alt-leftarrow and alt-rightarrow when navigating links in Windows Explorer and any browser. I would be delighted to see this same functionality while working in the folder structure of teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Switch order for sign-off and exit in taskbar context menu

If you click right on the taskbar icon of Microsoft Teams to open the context menu, you do see "exit" above "sign-off" which is quite confusing. All other Microsoft apps have "exit" at the end of the list, which make much more sense.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams window was frozen

Teams window was frozen had to kill the app. After the restart, no video or audio capabilities. Going to reboot my laptop

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Will Teams have the ability to show who is online and offline on any given channel?

If Teams can add an option to show member status on a optional right side channel. This would be very helpful. As it is right now, you have no idea who is on or offline or if the correct people are included in a channel.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Installation - moving Teams to the Application folder

In the final step of setting up the Teams Application there is a window that show the Teams icon with an arrow to the Applications folder icon. A person is able to click on each icon separately to open them, however it is not obvious that the user is intended to drag the Teams icon over onto the Applications folder icon to do the actual transfer.

I recommend that you add basic text such as: click and drag "Teams icon" onto "Applications folder"

Alternatively you could just have the box say "Do you wish to copy "Teams" into your "Application…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tray icon menu options: Logout and Close should be switched

When I'm finished working with Teams, to close the program, I have to right-click on tray icon and click Close. But EVERYTIME I click logut instead, because it is at the bottom of the menu, and Close is one position above.

Please switch them in places, so that I can close Teams without thinking too much about it. It should behave like EVERY OTHER TRAY APP!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add option to put new chat(s) to top of the pile

It would be nice if there was an option to put new chats at the top to minimize scrolling

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Conversation searching needs to be improved

I found an instance where I needed to go back to a point in time with a conversation with. colleague of mine. I remembered some of the details so I used those to search. I found one of the messages from that time frame, but when clicking on it there is not an option to jump to that point in time. When you click “go to conversation” it just takes you to your chat with that person and the bottom of the transcript. That’s not helpful. My only other option is to scroll back up to that date/time, but since…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manage Team Settings

We can no longer manage team settings. It will not hold the selection- Please see pic file uploaded. I tried with an existing team and new team. Help!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Actually release updates

Updates to this product move at a snail's pace. Is there something that is the complete opposite of Agile that you all are using to get your work done? Does every decision and pull request you all make have to go all the way up to Satya for approval? It'd be one thing if this thing was free or already the leading product, but its not. I have visited this board and used this product for well over a year and nothing has really changed. What a waste of time and space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Swap the keyboard shortcuts for slash commands and shortcuts

In the latest version, the following two shortcuts feel like they are the wrong way around:

* Show Keyboard Shortcuts (Alt + /)
    * List Slash Commands (Alt + K)

This is made more obvious due to the fact that Alt + K opens the search bar with the slash pre-inserted.

Please consider swapping these shortcuts around, as they would appear to make more sense than the current setup.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. the desktop client isn't getting the latest messages, if it wasn't for the app on my android phone I wouldn't know I got a message at all.

the desktop client isn't getting the latest messages, if it wasn't for the app on my android phone I wouldn't know I got a message at all.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Powershell cmdlets for handling own/specific channel. Checking new posts, modified files, emails....

There is need for fetching files from Teams, like example marketing teams is willing in some shared excel files and those needs to be transferred elsewhere automatically time to time. (this is already possible but it is not well packaged as it could be)

As we can sent the emails to channels(from anywhere), there might come some triggers which require immediate reaction or launch some other workflows, so it would be nice to have own cmdlet for look through new posts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.