Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add ability to check the installation state of a user’s Teams application

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ユーザーの Teams アプリのインストール状況を確認することが可能な機能の実装を希望します。
    Add ability to check the installation state of a user’s Teams application
    ■Description(内容):
    Teams アプリのインストールをどのユーザーがどの端末にインストールしているのか状況が確認できるような機能の実装を希望します。
    I would like the ability to see which users have Teams installed and on which machines.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User expericence with multiple tenants

When you use multiple tenants the experience is awful. Within my organisation I am trying to promote everybody to use teams to call me. When I switch to another organisation (e.g. my client's environment that was shared with my corporate account) however and people call me I get a missed call alert after a while but the actual call will never be received.

This means that while I am a guest in a different organisation, I cannot receive any calls from my own organisation even though I'm logged in with the account of my own organisation.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hide Notifications (Do Not Disturb)

The setting for automatic hiding of notifications when duplicating screens in PowerPoint or Web Meetings is a great feature on Skype Business through the "Do Not Disturb" automatic status change. Please make sure to deliver in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Screen Grab

On the Desk top app I can take a screen grab and add it to my chat BUT if i have pasted the wrong thing in there I cant delete it out. I have to post it then delete it. While it is still not sent I should be able to delete it. As the way you do it the person I am chatting with get a notification that i hit send on something.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. hover

Hover Options

I suggest moving or removing the hover options on chat messages. The problem with them is that when you hover over the message, you can no longer highlight the covered-up portion of the message - which is a problem if you're trying to copy and paste something out of the chatbox, especially on shorter messages.

See attached file (edited for privacy and informational purposes)

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow to custom interface font

Hello,

Some of users may using English system, but need to display CJK content in Microsoft Teams. The interface font will fallback to default font which has a terrible experience.

It will be great if user can choose their prefer interface font from system font list,such as Source Han Sans or Microsoft Yaei.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Full desktop version to iPadOS

Since iPadOS and iPads now are more and more becoming a standard workplace for many.

Please make the iPadOS version more intune with the full desktop version of Mac/Win. I know the web version can be used. But it’s still not to par with the desktop variants. At the moment I am toggling between the app and the web version in some of my workloads. I would be much more effecient if everything was available in the iPadOS-app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have links to teams files hyperlink from inside teams

If you set up an excel sheet inside of Teams and use it as a index for other documents, using the copy link functionality. Then the excel sheet will not allow you to click on the hyperlinks while inside teams. It needs to be exported out of Teams and then the links work as designed. I believe you should be able to click these links while the document is open inside of teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Columns in teams interface should be able to be resized

I would love to be able to resize the columns in the interface just by dragging the boundary left and right, like in outlook, or with a column in excel. Sometimes I want to see more of the results/teams/feed area, for instance when I want to see the full name of a Team or the full address of a file in results.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want to add [Organization Chart] in "App Setup Policy"

Organizations can be viewed in private chat.
    This must be confirmed for each user.
    Add an Organization tab to the “App setup policy”.
    By doing so, you can check the users in the organization in the organization chart and send a chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to rotate 3D objects created in Catia application via Teams Desktop Sharing

Unable to rotate 3D objects created in Catia application via Teams Desktop Sharing

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "What is new in this version" after update

Hi,

as Teams are currently developing many new features it would be good that in "About" there is a section "What is new". In that section list of new features would help early adopters in the org

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Appear offline

In Skype I was used to (occasionally) use the 'Appear offline' functionality.

Apart from 'Appear away' Skype has a last option that also leaves your status indicator empty/white.

I find this especially helpful when you really need to focus and want to 'slightly divert' colleagues to send you an email who otherwise might have contacted you directly through Teams.

Could you please add that functionality?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove the emoticon popup when the mouse hovers over a message

A recent update changed the desktop app such that hovering over a message pops up a selection of emoticons, presumably to react to a message. I think any thinking individual would appreciate this distraction not being there. I sincerely hope its removed in a near future update.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Draw during the shared screen

Draw during the shared screen

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Calls support in Firefox (Mozilla)

From our perspective it is really instrumental for people to use Firefox and still join our calls. There are some clients of ours who only use Firefox and we cannot force them to go through hops to join calls (like installing Chrome or Teams just to talk to us once). Please add that support! Thank you very much in advance!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Being able to open more than one Team desktop app window

In other Windows applications, you can have more than one window (not tab) open. That would be extremely useful.

Being on a call today that was showing some functionality of Teams was great, but I was unable to easily follow the demo and test it out for myself without the meeting window being minimised to a tiny size!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prevent automatic login prompt for Teams

We would like to prevent the automatic login when MS begins the deployment of the Teams client with Office 365 ProPlus. We very much want to deploy the Teams client so we would like it to be integrated with ProPlus, but the auto login will cause confusion for our community in the short term.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. forwarding to virtual user agent (auto attendant or call queue)

User should be able to set a forwarding to a virtual user (auto attendant / call queue) in the desktop client. Currently these virtual users cannot be found (or entered) in Settings/Calls/Call answering rules in the desktop client.

In the mobile clients (both Android and iOS) the virtual users can however be found and used to forward calls to.

Functionality is required as many organizations, like ours, like calls to be always answered even if the user is not able to or does not timely answer a call, instead of using voicemail.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make chat window collapsable so i only see contact list

Would like to be able to collapse the chat window so I only see my contact list, if I am not in a chat I really don't need that whole window to be open taking up valuable screen space, I like having all the chat logs there but I would like to be able to hide it if I'm not currently using chat

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base