Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to save the recorded video to any channel

I want to display a video on a specific channel. However, you must specify the channel manually.

I would like you to implement a function to save recorded video files to any channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. reactions "developer preview"

The Teams "Developer Preview" doesn't have the multiple-reactions feature yet. How is it possible that a new feature is rolled out without hitting the developer preview first?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fast Switch Between Office 365 Tenant

It would great if you supported Fast Switching between Office 365 Tenants for those of us that have to login into different Teams

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams in SysTray does not distinguish between Activity & Presence

Whether you are in a meeting or got a message, in both cases you get a RED DOT. This is not clear or very helpful.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams stores too many entries in Windows Credential Manager

One action we have been directed to do in troubleshooting Teams launch issues is to clear all saved passwords for the Teams app which are located in the Windows Credential Manager.
    Currently, Teams has over 20 entries here! Removing any of them and relaunching teams makes them all get created again.
    All the entries here make troubleshooting login issues a real pain, and these need to be consolidated and simplified.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show other contact numbers when clicking the Phone button

On the Windows Desktop App, when clicking on the Handset Icon it shows only Teams and Mobile number. It should show all the contact numbers setup for the user on ad.
    Similar request here:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Can-we-enable-calling-from-the-Contact-Card/td-p/481556

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Copy image in chat to clipboard

can't copy image in chat to clipboard

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Viewed Message visual indication.

When one sent message , sender should know that receiver has viewed or not ? like whatsapp indication to viewed message or recieved message indication with double tick and blue tick to indicate viewed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. forwarding to virtual user agent (auto attendant or call queue)

User should be able to set a forwarding to a virtual user (auto attendant / call queue) in the desktop client. Currently these virtual users cannot be found (or entered) in Settings/Calls/Call answering rules in the desktop client.

In the mobile clients (both Android and iOS) the virtual users can however be found and used to forward calls to.

Functionality is required as many organizations, like ours, like calls to be always answered even if the user is not able to or does not timely answer a call, instead of using voicemail.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Incluir la opción de notas de voz en la aplicación de escritorio

Incluir la opción de notas de voz en la aplicación de escritorio

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add contacts automatically to Microsoft Teams

・We want you to add the ability to automatically add newly added users in the Office 365 admin center to contacts in Microsoft Teams
    ・In the Microsoft Teams Administration Center, add the ability for administrators to register users to be added to Microsoft Teams contacts.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Audio on the Mobile App but Screenshare on the Desktop App

I'm beginning to like Teams...however one feature I really need is starting to REALLY bug me. If I'm out and about and I take a call from a colleague on the mobile app and he/she wants to screenshare with me - it's no good using the mobile app for that for many reasons. What I'd love to do is continue using my mobile for audio but screenshare from the desktop. If I do that it cuts my audio off...and sometimes I don't have a headset or similar to hand so would really like to use the mobile for voice while…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams Windows client greatly increases roaming profile size (Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams)

On Windows, Teams is available as an end user self-install app. The app installs to AppData\Local, so not part of the roaming profile. However, it stores *LOTS* of content in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams.

Our organisation uses roaming profiles and profile size policy; users are beginning to exceed a [very generous!] limit, and Teams is a big cause of this.

Please fix!

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Desktop Icon Creation Duplication with OneDrive Known Folder Move

In a shared computer environment, an admin may choose to install the Team Machine Wide Installer MSI.

Teams is then installed at every user logonif it doesn't exist.

"%ProgramFiles%\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=default"

Is put in the following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

This presents an issue when using OneDrive Known Folder Move. When a new user logs on to a PC, OneDrive has its own installation and update process. The Teams installer will start and finish before OneDrive has installed, updated and initiated Known Folder Move for the new user profile.

Teams will create a desktop icon in the %USERPROFILE%\Desktop shell folder. As…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Free the Team list panel

In Teams client, teams list are organize in 2 level (My teams and hidden teams.
    Will really appreciate to organize manually the list of teams in this panel.
    Example :
    - Internal Projects
    - Customer projects
    - Dev

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mutliple tenants and accounts: show a full list for switching

As a Teams user with access to multiple tenants under a variety of account credentials, I want to see a full list of all tenants I have access to so I can jump tenants (authenticating along the way) to reach my content regardless of account association.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. No Linux support

Hey,
    Don’t you love Linux?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. resize sidebar

Sidebar is taking too much space. Can this be resizable? Loosing to much space

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. it would be easier to delete the entire chat instead of deleting one by one

next to the name of the person you are chatting with, there should be a delete entire chat button so we are able to delete the entire chat instead of one by one

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. deleting a chat

the whole idea of a chat system is to get rid of email clutter. Now I have 55 running chats of clutter? why can't you just quickly get rid of old chats?

Additionally, why isn't my organization an immediate contact add (we're a small company of 20-25)...seems like a basic need.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.