Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to hide the call icon.

It is possible to hide by assigning [App Setup Policy].
    This behavior disappears from the tabs but is summarized in the Added Apps (...) tab.

Please implement the function to hide completely.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why does Microsoft do this over and over again! Please read the APPLOCKER document from Microsoft before you create the Teams client !

Why does Microsoft do this over and over again! Please read the APPLOCKER document from Microsoft before you create the Teams client !

No I have to make an execption to EVER .dll file that comes with the Teams client !!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Turn OFF TEAMS on my computer

TURN OFF TEASMS on my computer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. screen sharing keyboard layout BUG

Its not really an idea, it is bug (a bug tracker would be a good idea...)

The bug: if you take control over the screen of someone else, and the other person has a different keyboard layout, your keystrokes in teams are interpreted using the keyboard layout of the pc you are controlling.

(try running some powershell commands if you have no idea where any symbols are).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. eSoftTools 7z Password Unlocker

The product which can be considered as the best is eSoftTools 7z Password Unlocker Software. It lets the client to recover 7z password with no slip-up and programming made by uncommon strategy to the clients for the better association. Three best recovery systems are given, for example, Brute Force Attack, Dictionary Attack, and Mask Attack. Also, it can help to support all Windows versions: Win 98, Win 2000, Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, Win 8.1 and Win 10.

Get more info:- https://www.7zunlocker.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please shrink the window so it takes up less space on the desktop, please!!!

please shrink the window down to widget size like Skype was. This takes up too much desktop real estate.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Viewed Message visual indication.

When one sent message , sender should know that receiver has viewed or not ? like whatsapp indication to viewed message or recieved message indication with double tick and blue tick to indicate viewed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams does not work when connected to CISCO ANYCONNECT VPN

We use CISCO ANYCONNECT VPN to access internal application, but as soon as I connect to VPN the team get logged off. How we can mitigate this issue. Is there any patch or something to be install on the system to get the Teams works even while connecting to VPN

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ability to accept being added to a group

To prevent hyperinflation of Groups being created for now good reason, we should have the capability to ACCEPT being added to the group. This would enable to reject right away explaining the reason

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow an option for push to talk mapping to some hot key.

This feature exists in other voice apps like Discord. It would be nice for situations where I am using a mic that doesn't have a mute button. It's not as efficient to have to hover over the application to mute my mic where as I could have a key mapped to press whenever I need to speak.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to change the connection destination of the translation function to Microsoft Translator, which registers my own dictionary.

I register my own dictionary with the Microsoft Translator API.
    Translation with Microsoft Teams also wants to change the connection to the custom customized Microsoft Translator API.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2016 Migration

Exchange Migration tool delivers an easy method to migrate Exchange 2010 to Exchange Server 2016. The software migrates source mailboxes like Exchange mailboxes, Office 365 mailboxes, into Exchange, Office 365 mailboxes. It also migrates Exchange, Office 365 public folder and archive mailboxes into another Exchange, Office 365 public folder and archive mailboxes.

For more info visit - https://www.shoviv.com/blog/migrate-exchange-2010-to-2016-using-exchange-admin-center/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can we get an actual popup interface for a single conversation like skype?

Would like to have a single window popup like in skpe so when I'm away from my computer I know a message has come in.
    I have missed 5 communications with the CEO because I don't have Teams actively open

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dar la posibilidad de armar un hilo a partir de un mensaje existente para un chat grupal.

En un chat grupal hoy no se puede iniciar un hilo a partir de un comentario existente. Es deseable esta característica ya que a veces uno o más participantes necesitan acotar algo que está relacionado a un comentario anterior.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow client to export my chat messages

Individual and group chats absolutely has to have the ability to export it out as a word document or such. For a large business sometimes the context of a chat has to be copied out for various reasons and to not have the ability to do that is simply insane. There needs to be an export option (PDF, DOC ECT.) included in chats. Saving one individual message is not adequte.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When sent a message there is an option for the screen to pop up. I never see the littel icon at the bottom and am not alone in this.

When sent a message there is an option for the screen to pop up. I never see the littel icon at the bottom and am not alone in this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User expericence with multiple tenants

When you use multiple tenants the experience is awful. Within my organisation I am trying to promote everybody to use teams to call me. When I switch to another organisation (e.g. my client's environment that was shared with my corporate account) however and people call me I get a missed call alert after a while but the actual call will never be received.

This means that while I am a guest in a different organisation, I cannot receive any calls from my own organisation even though I'm logged in with the account of my own organisation.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ctrl+J should open Files so you can see the file that was downloaded

Ctrl+J is used in all major browsers to open the list of downloaded files. When you click a link/file in teams that results in a download, it is instinct to hit Ctrl+J to get to the file download list. Please add this shortcut key to flip to the either Recents or Downloads page of the Files rail app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base