Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better integration with Twitter

Better integration with Twitter.
    For example, when creating a connector for Twitter.
    I would like to have an easy way of selecting all the people I follow instead of adding them one by one.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pasted Images should be clickable for viewing at original size.

When I paste an image it shrinks. When I click it, it should show or render itself in the original size. Otherwise the pasted image can be useless if content is not perceivable. Confluence does this nicely.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Literally copy slack, and stop trying to reinvent what someone else already perfected.

This is seriously the worst chat app I've ever used, including the 4 or 5 apps that Google makes.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Close desktop alert after clicking on the "X" button

Currently, when I click on the "X" button of my desktop app's alert, the Microsoft Team's app opens instead of closing the alert.

Reallyyyy annoying!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please enable file send without message send

When you want to send a file you attach a file to a chat. It is annoying to have to type a message before the send button works. It should be possible to attach file then send.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. hard to folow post, info. not good when run on win 7, UI not good too

hard to folow post, info. not good when run on win 7, UI not good too

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can't shift click to move and it opens off screen when switching between work and home

Exactly as description says, can't use the shift right click on task bar trick to move a window that opened off screen for some reason. Please fix that or make sure the title bar is on screen!!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1. Order

Referring to the Desktop App version.
    Messages, conversations and changes are displayed with the original 'post' placed on top - descending in progressive historical posts. There is no option for sorting or filtering.
    Consider changing this with the latest input on top. Increases performance and efficiency - avoiding to have to go through a long list of elements that the user is already aware of or can refer to - if and when the situation requires - not each and every time.
    Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Maximized desktop app displays a thin white bar up the screen to the left.

Teams Desktop app on Windows 10
    3 monitors are setup -- Left, center (main), and right.
    All monitors are the same resolution (1920x1080) with no scaling.

With Teams maximized on the center/main screen, there is a vertical white bar on the left screen. On the left screen, it is in the top right corner going down. It is 5px width and 745px height.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When I have Teams open on a monitor that isn't my main monitor and then undock my laptop, I'm unable to access

When I have Teams open on a monitor that isn't my main monitor and then undock my laptop, I'm unable to access the application as it keeps trying to open it on my other monitor which at that time isn't connected making it inaccessible.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Making the dekstop install not so buggy

I have had to install, uninstall, and reinstall both the 32 and 64 versions of Teams on my desktop at least 4 times now. It will work for a day maybe 2 at the most and then go through a spiral of trying to login, closing the program, and trying to login again. This cycle would repeat for an entire 8 hour work day if I didn't force shut down the program. I can't in good conscience roll this out to even a test team in the company if they can't get the download to function properly

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  swatijha responded

Thanks for sharing information. Would you mind sharing your machine spec and names of any major software you are running on it (Office, VSO, etc.) so that we could try to recreate similar machine/environment and see if we can repro the issue?

Appreciate your inputs!
    Swati Jhawar
    Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Teams

12. BUG: Teams non-responsive while downloading

While downloading a file from a Chat window Teams goes non-responsive. Should be async task and not block UI.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Windows 7, Microsoft Teams notification pop-up stay for long time. Anyways to control it

On Windows 7 Machine, Microsoft Teams notification stay for long time - 4-5 mins. Which was annoying for the users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want a feature where i would like to share the desktop without actually calling

I want a feature where i would like to share the desktop without actually calling

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MS Teams - nightmare to connect on a laptop

Doesn’t work on my laptop, kind of ironic that it works on an Apple mobile device but not on a MS-based device

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. be able to disable graphics hardware acceleration

Some laptop docking stations have graphics adapters that don't work well with some apps: disabling the hardware acceleration usually solves this. The Teams aop needs to support this as well - or if it does, make the settings much easier to find.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I love Microsoft Teams, I have a few irratations ...

First issue, Teams always boots up to the Red dot(in a meeting).
    every time we boot up the computers in the morning, I have to go in and change status to Green(available)
    2nd issue, may be related to above.. anyway, put the time setting back in like Skype for business had..
    3rd idea needed. Make the notifications more prominent, the current missed chat is a red dot like the in a meeting dot is..how about flash the dot on and off , something I can notice!
    Thanks, Dave

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Computers & Tablets Customer Supports |Shophoop

Shophoop have valuable collection of Computers & Tablets .In this era each and every person have smartphone .there are many variety of smartphone are available on shophoop like Computers Desktop ,Computer Notebooks, Tablets and many more devices the Important Sub Categories Of Computers Desktop are PCs Workstation Accessories Desktop Gaming ,Desktop Barebone . We know very well about the uses of printer and scanner in our daily life in offices, School ,Organizations for printing of any documents in black and white as well as color we use printer .For sending a original documents to anywhere we use scanner firstly we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Uncluttered space

I’d like an uncluttered white screen when I go to Teams and want the ability to click on the various team channels if I want to see all the info displayed otherwise it’s overwhelming with the amount of text sitting on my desktop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.