Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Free the Team list panel

In Teams client, teams list are organize in 2 level (My teams and hidden teams.
    Will really appreciate to organize manually the list of teams in this panel.
    Example :
    - Internal Projects
    - Customer projects
    - Dev

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fast Switch Between Office 365 Tenant

It would great if you supported Fast Switching between Office 365 Tenants for those of us that have to login into different Teams

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Appear offline

In Skype I was used to (occasionally) use the 'Appear offline' functionality.

Apart from 'Appear away' Skype has a last option that also leaves your status indicator empty/white.

I find this especially helpful when you really need to focus and want to 'slightly divert' colleagues to send you an email who otherwise might have contacted you directly through Teams.

Could you please add that functionality?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams Windows client greatly increases roaming profile size (Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams)

On Windows, Teams is available as an end user self-install app. The app installs to AppData\Local, so not part of the roaming profile. However, it stores *LOTS* of content in AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams.

Our organisation uses roaming profiles and profile size policy; users are beginning to exceed a [very generous!] limit, and Teams is a big cause of this.

Please fix!

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. resize sidebar

Sidebar is taking too much space. Can this be resizable? Loosing to much space

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Forward Conversations to chat/another team/channel

I love this feature in mobile - would really use it in the Windows app/browser/Mac app. The ability to take a chat message, or channel message, and from the '. . .' menu have the forward option, where you can forward the message to another person, or to another channel/team.
    That would help us use group chat for conversations outside of the team with non team members, then take the final message that has a solution to a 'problem' and pass it back to the team.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Kein Klingelton über die Lautsprecher zu hören, wenn ein Kopfhörer eingestöpselt ist.

Es ist kein Klingelton über die Lautsprecher zu hören, wenn ein Kopfhörer eingestöpselt ist. Dadurch werden eingehende Nachrichten und Anrufe kaum wahrgenommen. Dies ist ein deutlicher Rückschritt gegenüber Skype.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Horizontal Line Separating Team List or Channels List in Favorites

I would like to add horizontal lines in different colors to my list of Teams and Channels in Favorites to group them for quick reference. It could just be a line that I can add between two teams or two channels like I would do if I had a red pencil.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. About the confirmation method of installation

I would like to add the ability to check the number of Microsoft teams installed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Better access to hidden group chats

When dealing with 1-to-1 Chats, you have the option to "Hide" them within the UI. When you initiate a chat with a person after it has been hidden, the history is still there.

When dealing with Group Chats, you also have the option to "Hide" the chat within the UI. However, the only way to get back to that Group Chat is to start a new chat, and add all previous chat participants back in, at which point, the group chat history is displayed. If you are unable to recall every participant that was in that Group Chat, there is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add thumbs up to desktop notification

add thumbs up to desktop notification

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring the Android UI to Windows (and Mac) Desktop (a new take on the "compact view" request)

I really like Teams, but the one reason I still keep Skype for Business running is the small window size. It occurred to me while using Teams on my Android phone that there is already an ideal solution to this issue. Put a toggle into the desktop app to allow the use of the android style layout that shows the Teams tools that cover 90% of my needs (chat and team browser tab) in a window that is roughly equal to a Skype conversation window. Then allow me to toggle back to the full desktop view when I need to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Screen sharing multiple monitors

Our company uses 3 or monitors per work station. We used to be able to share our screens with Skype but Teams only allows us to share 1 screen at a time. Would this eventually change?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow remote control to work after UAC prompt

When you start screen sharing session and this is happening regardless of OS platform. When user that is sharing screen is on Windows machine if at any point during screen share user get prompted by UAC to execute something as administrator, anyone who is remotely controlling machine at that point loses control. After this prompt remote user can still move mouse but cannot click anything and what has to happen is you have to stop sharing and start new screen share.

What should happen is if you remote controlling someone's machine through desktop sharing and UAC comes up, after that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide the detailed information about “Trend” in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のトレンド表示について

Provide the detailed information about “Trend” in Microsoft Teams
    ■Description(内容):
    現在の Teams ではいいねが多いファイルに関してトレンドというもので表示される動作を確認しております。
    ユーザーにファイルを展開する際、トレンドのものだけ随時確認するような運用を検討しております。
    しかしトレンドとして登録されているファイルを確認し ”いいね” 数を新規のファイルに対してテストしましたが、トレンドとして表示されない動作を確認しました。
    制限事項などがあれば意図的にトレンドとして表示する事ができますが現時点では公開情報などもないため確認ができません。
    本機能の制限事項がわかれば Teams をより良い製品として使用できると検討しているため機能の拡張を要望いたします。

We are thinking about using Trend to share files with our users. If we can put any files into Trend section, all they have to do is checking “Trend” section at their timing. We thought that if a file got many Likes, the file goes to the Trend automatically. We created a new file and add Likes to that file to test the behavior in the Trend. However, the newly created file…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No Linux support

Hey,
    Don’t you love Linux?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keyboard Shortcut to Join Current Meeting

Please add a keyboard shortcut to join the current scheduled meeting.
    So with a keyboard shortcut Teams will automatically join the current scheduled meeting.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Desktop Icon Creation Duplication with OneDrive Known Folder Move

In a shared computer environment, an admin may choose to install the Team Machine Wide Installer MSI.

Teams is then installed at every user logonif it doesn't exist.

"%ProgramFiles%\Teams Installer\Teams.exe --checkInstall --source=default"

Is put in the following key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

This presents an issue when using OneDrive Known Folder Move. When a new user logs on to a PC, OneDrive has its own installation and update process. The Teams installer will start and finish before OneDrive has installed, updated and initiated Known Folder Move for the new user profile.

Teams will create a desktop icon in the %USERPROFILE%\Desktop shell folder. As…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. deleting a chat

the whole idea of a chat system is to get rid of email clutter. Now I have 55 running chats of clutter? why can't you just quickly get rid of old chats?

Additionally, why isn't my organization an immediate contact add (we're a small company of 20-25)...seems like a basic need.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base