Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deploy Microsoft Teams over the network using GPO

Deploy Teams over the network to GPO setting that will launch the application only in the background mode.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

on the backlog  ·  21 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need a mini/compact version of Teams

Need a mini/compact version of Teams client and ability to select the type of content (eg: content only, attendees etc like Skype for Business) instead of occupying whole screen

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to change/hide “Get an app for Windows” message when we open Teams from browser

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ブラウザーで開いた際の動作について
    Allow us to change/hide “Get an app for Windows” message when we open Teams from browser

■Description(内容):

現在 Teams をブラウザーで利用した際には、最初に ”Windows アプリを入手” の項目が表示されます。
    Windows 端末に既にインストールされている場合でも、この表示となります。
    そのため、不要なインストールをユーザーが実施してしまうことが散見されます。
    この表示を非表示にする、もしくは、入手ではなく切り替えるボタンを表示させるなどの機能の拡張を要望します。

When we open Teams from browser, “Get an app for Windows” message is shown even the app have already installed to the Windows device.
    Therefore, some users performed unnecessary installation of the app, so I would like to see the feature to hide this message or show the switching button to installed apps instead of “Get an app” message.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make the user's display a humanoid icon instead of an initial

Please implement a setting method to make the display of the user whose profile picture is not set on Microsoft Teams be a humanoid icon instead of the initials.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Open Team in New Window

It would be great to have the ability to right-click on a team and choose "Open Team in New Window." That would be the only team in the new window, allowing the user to focus on that team's work. And even better if that window only accepted chats from that team's members.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow client to export my chat messages

Individual and group chats absolutely has to have the ability to export it out as a word document or such. For a large business sometimes the context of a chat has to be copied out for various reasons and to not have the ability to do that is simply insane. There needs to be an export option (PDF, DOC ECT.) included in chats. Saving one individual message is not adequte.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multiple accounts in Teams Desktop App

Adding multiple accounts (e.g. Google drive, MS Outlook) to the Teams desktop app would be super helpful and time saving.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want to hide the call icon.

It is possible to hide by assigning [App Setup Policy].
    This behavior disappears from the tabs but is summarized in the Added Apps (...) tab.

Please implement the function to hide completely.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. join meeting audio: teams calls phone

not a new idea but, please allow us to choose more audio options while dialing into a meeting, this was the most useful thing in s4b I could choose to join with skype for bus, not to join audio, or have a handy list of phone numbers for skype to automatically call. please bring that to teams, my users are complaining so much about this little feature,

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Kein Klingelton über die Lautsprecher zu hören, wenn ein Kopfhörer eingestöpselt ist.

Es ist kein Klingelton über die Lautsprecher zu hören, wenn ein Kopfhörer eingestöpselt ist. Dadurch werden eingehende Nachrichten und Anrufe kaum wahrgenommen. Dies ist ein deutlicher Rückschritt gegenüber Skype.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. User expericence with multiple tenants

When you use multiple tenants the experience is awful. Within my organisation I am trying to promote everybody to use teams to call me. When I switch to another organisation (e.g. my client's environment that was shared with my corporate account) however and people call me I get a missed call alert after a while but the actual call will never be received.

This means that while I am a guest in a different organisation, I cannot receive any calls from my own organisation even though I'm logged in with the account of my own organisation.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to increase the number of people that can be added in the channel moderator

You can add up to 10 people in the channel moderation function.
    However, I want to add and operate more than 11 moderators.

We would like you to provide functions that can be added or expanded by 11 or more people.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How about a Microsoft Teams Insider/Preview Program?

One of the main reasons I loved that our business was encouraged to move from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams, was because of the improvements based on user feedback that have been implemented since Teams was announced. As well as seeing the many items and features coming to the application. I love knowing that Microsoft is listening to people's feedback.

As the IT Manager of a small business, I also play the role of "cheerleader" trying to get people excited about the products they use, especially when many of them don't like change. But when change is for the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. hover

Hover Options

I suggest moving or removing the hover options on chat messages. The problem with them is that when you hover over the message, you can no longer highlight the covered-up portion of the message - which is a problem if you're trying to copy and paste something out of the chatbox, especially on shorter messages.

See attached file (edited for privacy and informational purposes)

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I want to change the connection destination of the translation function to Microsoft Translator, which registers my own dictionary.

I register my own dictionary with the Microsoft Translator API.
    Translation with Microsoft Teams also wants to change the connection to the custom customized Microsoft Translator API.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to add [Organization Chart] in "App Setup Policy"

Organizations can be viewed in private chat.
    This must be confirmed for each user.
    Add an Organization tab to the “App setup policy”.
    By doing so, you can check the users in the organization in the organization chart and send a chat.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unable to rotate 3D objects created in Catia application via Teams Desktop Sharing

Unable to rotate 3D objects created in Catia application via Teams Desktop Sharing

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Screen sharing multiple monitors

Our company uses 3 or monitors per work station. We used to be able to share our screens with Skype but Teams only allows us to share 1 screen at a time. Would this eventually change?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove the emoticon popup when the mouse hovers over a message

A recent update changed the desktop app such that hovering over a message pops up a selection of emoticons, presumably to react to a message. I think any thinking individual would appreciate this distraction not being there. I sincerely hope its removed in a near future update.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Viewed Message visual indication.

When one sent message , sender should know that receiver has viewed or not ? like whatsapp indication to viewed message or recieved message indication with double tick and blue tick to indicate viewed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.