Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. hover

Hover Options

I suggest moving or removing the hover options on chat messages. The problem with them is that when you hover over the message, you can no longer highlight the covered-up portion of the message - which is a problem if you're trying to copy and paste something out of the chatbox, especially on shorter messages.

See attached file (edited for privacy and informational purposes)

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to change the connection destination of the translation function to Microsoft Translator, which registers my own dictionary.

I register my own dictionary with the Microsoft Translator API.
    Translation with Microsoft Teams also wants to change the connection to the custom customized Microsoft Translator API.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Unable to rotate 3D objects created in Catia application via Teams Desktop Sharing

Unable to rotate 3D objects created in Catia application via Teams Desktop Sharing

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to save the recorded video to any channel

I want to display a video on a specific channel. However, you must specify the channel manually.

I would like you to implement a function to save recorded video files to any channel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Forward Conversations to chat/another team/channel

I love this feature in mobile - would really use it in the Windows app/browser/Mac app. The ability to take a chat message, or channel message, and from the '. . .' menu have the forward option, where you can forward the message to another person, or to another channel/team.
    That would help us use group chat for conversations outside of the team with non team members, then take the final message that has a solution to a 'problem' and pass it back to the team.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prevent automatic login prompt for Teams

We would like to prevent the automatic login when MS begins the deployment of the Teams client with Office 365 ProPlus. We very much want to deploy the Teams client so we would like it to be integrated with ProPlus, but the auto login will cause confusion for our community in the short term.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Kein Klingelton über die Lautsprecher zu hören, wenn ein Kopfhörer eingestöpselt ist.

Es ist kein Klingelton über die Lautsprecher zu hören, wenn ein Kopfhörer eingestöpselt ist. Dadurch werden eingehende Nachrichten und Anrufe kaum wahrgenommen. Dies ist ein deutlicher Rückschritt gegenüber Skype.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Screen sharing multiple monitors

Our company uses 3 or monitors per work station. We used to be able to share our screens with Skype but Teams only allows us to share 1 screen at a time. Would this eventually change?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need a mini/compact version of Teams

Need a mini/compact version of Teams client and ability to select the type of content (eg: content only, attendees etc like Skype for Business) instead of occupying whole screen

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to hide the call icon.

It is possible to hide by assigning [App Setup Policy].
    This behavior disappears from the tabs but is summarized in the Added Apps (...) tab.

Please implement the function to hide completely.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. make chat window collapsable so i only see contact list

Would like to be able to collapse the chat window so I only see my contact list, if I am not in a chat I really don't need that whole window to be open taking up valuable screen space, I like having all the chat logs there but I would like to be able to hide it if I'm not currently using chat

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. join meeting audio: teams calls phone

not a new idea but, please allow us to choose more audio options while dialing into a meeting, this was the most useful thing in s4b I could choose to join with skype for bus, not to join audio, or have a handy list of phone numbers for skype to automatically call. please bring that to teams, my users are complaining so much about this little feature,

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Appear offline

In Skype I was used to (occasionally) use the 'Appear offline' functionality.

Apart from 'Appear away' Skype has a last option that also leaves your status indicator empty/white.

I find this especially helpful when you really need to focus and want to 'slightly divert' colleagues to send you an email who otherwise might have contacted you directly through Teams.

Could you please add that functionality?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Include policy settings applied to user in diag logs

It would be a great troubleshooting tool if the list of service policies applied to a user's Microsoft Teams client are recorded in the MS Teams client logs (ctrl+alt+shift+1). Meetings Policies, Messaging Policies, App Policies, Teams Upgrade policies etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. reactions "developer preview"

The Teams "Developer Preview" doesn't have the multiple-reactions feature yet. How is it possible that a new feature is rolled out without hitting the developer preview first?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams in SysTray does not distinguish between Activity & Presence

Whether you are in a meeting or got a message, in both cases you get a RED DOT. This is not clear or very helpful.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple accounts in Teams Desktop App

Adding multiple accounts (e.g. Google drive, MS Outlook) to the Teams desktop app would be super helpful and time saving.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fast Switch Between Office 365 Tenant

It would great if you supported Fast Switching between Office 365 Tenants for those of us that have to login into different Teams

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Show other contact numbers when clicking the Phone button

On the Windows Desktop App, when clicking on the Handset Icon it shows only Teams and Mobile number. It should show all the contact numbers setup for the user on ad.
    Similar request here:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Can-we-enable-calling-from-the-Contact-Card/td-p/481556

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.