Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams freezes if "Logitech Group" USB Conference Webcam is attached

Whenever I plug in the "Logitech Group" conference system (webcam/microphone, https://www.logitech.com/de-de/product/conferencecam-group) into my Macbook Pro (Catalina 10.15.3) via USB, MS teams freezes and I cannot start any call. Only unplugging fixes the freeze.

Basically I cannot use our video conferencing system with Teams, despite it being advertised as being compatible. Using other Apps on my Macbook to record videos works fine, so definitely a Teams problem.

Also discussed here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/usb-plug-of-the-quot-logitech-group-quot-will-cause-teams-to/m-p/1120205

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Offer a native Windows on ARM (ARM64) version.

It'd be great if Teams had an ARM64 native client for Windows on ARM. I just got a Surface Pro X and while Teams works fine as a 32bit x86 app in emulation, I have no doubt it'd really shine as a native ARM64 app.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shifts time clock on desktop

At the moment, shifts time clock is only available on mobile. It would be useful to add the time clock on desktop too.

180 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Open links to teams in Desktop App

SITUATION: When you receive a link to a Teams file or folder, or really anything in Teams, like a Planner task - it sends you to the sharepoint site, regardless of whether you have the Desktop App installed and even if it is open.

RESOLUTION: Make links to any Teams elements open directly in the Teams Desktop App

This will save so much time and frustration from people, and also make Teams seem like a more integrated solution for everyone.

2,907 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

293 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reply chat : On mobile we can reply by each message but on Desktop app it's can't

In message chat sometime we need to reply on some message.

On mobile app have reply command but on desktop app have no this command

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have reply feature on desktop

There is reply feature on mobile app. So basically I can select a message sent by someone and hit reply. On desktop version I cannot do that. It would be neat to have that feature so that when I am chatting with multiple people in a group I created. I can hit reply from options (not through channel)

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to prevent auto-start persistantly and programmatically using TAC/Group Policy

See MSTCommunity request here -

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/How-to-Prevent-Teams-from-Auto-Launch/m-p/730658#M34150

Even though autostart can be prevented upon installation a single time (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/teams-install) and then turned off manually within the desktop client, there is a need by some businesses to ensure that the Desktop client does not auto-start at any time and yet be able to enable this programmatically via TAC/Group Policy without having to jump in users desktop client to turn it off.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Should be able to reply to messages from the Desktop App

As of now the user can reply to a recent message in the teams android app but that feature is not available in the Desktop Version.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Multiple applications sharing

Please let us share multiple applications from MS Teams rather than sharing only one application or only the entire desktop.

Also, give functionality to switch to another application while you are sharing without stoping screen share and resharing another application

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. reply back to a specific message

On the mobile app you have the functionality to swipe back to reply back to a specific comment however with the desktop version there is no feature to reply back to a specific comment unless you click on the format button, click the quote button, copy and past the comment double click enter and then you can enter your comment which is a long winded and very user unfriendly.

Is there no spec to get a reply back feature if you click on the "..." for More Options to have a reply back option and or forward option on the…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New Post button on dekstop

Just like on the mobile app: add a click to the New Post button starting a new post, so that users can clearly understand the difference between Reply button and New Post button and avoid new conversations that are intended to be replies

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams language setting Reset Issue.

We apply a Japanese language pack to "Teams", however after Teams Update, the display setting reset to the English on base language. So I would like you to fix it.
    This is because English is set as the display language and the translation function of English can not be used.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable Desktop Shortcut creation

Please add options to disable desktop shortcut when customers install Teams by using MSI installer

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Raising this again as Microsoft closed the previous request, saying it was complete even though it was not. (link below)

Teams should install to the program files directory, not the users AppData.

And NO, the answer is not to put a copy of the MSI in Pogram Files and deploy to the users AppData when they login.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an

788 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give reply option in the chat.. same as mobile app

Give reply option in the chat.. same as mobile app

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Regarding behavior when advanced authentication is blocked for the Teams client

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams クライアントにて先進認証をブロックされた際の動作について
    Regarding behavior when advanced authentication is blocked for the Teams client

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams クライアントの先進認証がブロックされたり、失敗した場合、 Web の認証画面に遷移することがある。
    クライアントへのアクセス制御を設定している場合、Web 認証に遷移してはアクセス制限を設定している意味をなさないため、クライアントの認証ブロック、または失敗時に Web 認証に遷移するかどうか制御できる機能の拡充を希望します。
    At present, when the Microsoft Teams client’s advanced authentication is blocked or fails, users are redirected to the web authentication screen.
    If access restrictions are set on the client, there is no point in directing the user to the web to set their access permissions, so please add a function to set whether users are redirected to the web authentication page or not when client authentication is blocked or fails.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pinned Channels in Chat Window on Desktop

It just came to Mobile App to show pinned channels in the Chat Window.
    This is a huge time saver as it is a real pain constantly switching between teams and chat. Having the channels I need to monitor frequently, right at the top of the chat window is huge.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Edit Displayed User Names

It would be more convenient if we could customize user display name to allow better identification of individuals. For external contacts, email addresses are currently displayed and cannot be edited to reflect the contact's name.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Send screen sharing request

I miss the functionality of sending a screen shring request which will pop on the Teams screen and the contact person will accept to perform screen shring.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remote control on linux

First of all I really thank you to create the Teams Linux client. What would be really useful now is having available also for the Linux client the Remote Control feature (during the screen sharing).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base