Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share from Microsoft Edge

I want to share webs from Microsoft Edge to Microsoft Teams.
    Microsoft Edge's SHARE button can share current web page to some APP, easy, quick way.
    so, I hope to share web pages from Microsoft Edge's share button to Microsoft Teams channels.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make real time syncing with web from desktop app

I have experienced issues with desktop app syncing immediately with web app or not syncing at all so when I am trying to work from my desktop app users of the web app aren't seeing the latest or sometimes don't even see a new channel i created, for example.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate the Windows 'Teams' app into Outlook

Can the desktop Teams app be integrated into Outlook?

As most people have outlook open all day on their desktop, it would make sense to integrate Teams into Outlook for internal instant communications and file sharing, video chats and meetings etc?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. everything is sooooo slow. not really usefull?

everything is sooooo slow. not really usefull?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. make teams desktop pop up and come to the front when new chat message comes in

make teams desktop pop up and come to the front when new chat message comes in

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have 2 Separate Teams Applications Open Simultaneously

It would be nice to be able to have 2 separate teams application open simultaneously that way I can have one for chatting and one to view a channel. It would make it easier than having to click back and forth between the two to be able to communicate to both. The other option would be to be able to split the application to be able to view Teams and Chat at the same time.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Would you supply screen shot function?

Would you supply screen shot function?It's very useful for team members quick communication and it's should be a frequently-used function. I just don't understand how it could be missed in both Skype and Teams.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a screenshot button

Add a feature to take screenshots directly from the chat window. Like, when you are chating with someone and you need to send a screenshot to the person, you just have to click on the button, like the file, calendar buttons for an example and then MS Team should allow to take screenshot of MS team incase someone wants to take screenshots of MS Team it's self, or if someone wants to minimize MS team, the minimize button should allow to minimize MS team, and then again re-enable the screenshot activity, once desired screenshot is taken, there should be a…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it faster to startup

When Windows boots, Teams opens and then sits there non-responsive for quite a long time showing a person but no detail.

This is on 16GB RAM/1TB SSD/100kbps setup. I.e. a fast environment.

Teams needs to start running and being usable a LOT faster.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. html signature mail for windows 10

Please allow html signatures in windows 10 Mail application.

The app supports HTML mail naively. It is a pain that the signature is plain text only.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support back/forward mouse buttons in app

It would be great if the desktop app (I'm using Windows) would support back/forward navigation using assigned mouse buttons (usually thumb buttons). This works in web browsers by default, but the desktop app requires clicking the back/forward arrows in the top-left of the interface.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stay unread till pressed read botton

When I go to Activity and press one of the new mention will automatically mark read on another thread's mention in the same channel which losts my attention. It is good to have a READ botton on the mention itself to manually mark as read, especially the mention was @ to me.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Always crashes. Super slow. Motivation sounds don’t work on the computer app.

Soooooo slow. Crashes. Doesn’t reload quickly. No notification sounds. Hate the app!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop asking to download the client in the browser version

Please add the option to disable the notification to download the client when opening Teams in a web browser, ask the first time, but also have an option to select not to be asked again.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Messages get lost, and hard to search the conversation

Messages get lost, and hard to search the conversation. if user can quickly search by keyword, and messages load faster, it would be great

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft Teams - Include Downloads Manager

When downloading multiple, large files - the current Teams desktop client DOES NOT show a 'progress bar'...only a toast notification when the files have finished downloading.

Include a "Downloads" or "Download Manager" button on the left side that shows downloads in progress, and that allows incomplete downloads to be 're-downloaded'.

At this time, there is no way for me to know if everything downloaded without comparing files in my 'Downloads' folder to the files in the channel (slow, inefficient).

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option for Passive voice channels.

As an avid gamer, I feel like we gamers are very good at collaboration.
    I would like to have a voice channel much like to see a passive voice channel where your team members can join and passively talk to each other as they work Much like how discord or team speak works in addition to what already exist in teams. This also will break up the monotony of needing excessive Skype meetings. For people whom work in the department, but are Geographically separated, and cant getup from their desk to just ask a teammate a simple question.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Window Actions Like Minimize and Close Are Sluggish

There is a noticeable delay >1 second between clicking Minimize or Close and having the action be executed by the window.

It's super annoying.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Forward Conversations to chat/another team/channel

I love this feature in mobile - would really use it in the Windows app/browser/Mac app. The ability to take a chat message, or channel message, and from the '. . .' menu have the forward option, where you can forward the message to another person, or to another channel/team.
    That would help us use group chat for conversations outside of the team with non team members, then take the final message that has a solution to a 'problem' and pass it back to the team.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Setting to not launch on startup

Give Teams the ability to not launch teams on startup and just have it minimize to tray

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.