Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to chat with people outside my organization

Hello,

I need to be able to chat with people who are outside my organization. I have clients that would benefit from being invited into a group video chat or who would be better to connect with via video call period. Right now I am limited to using teams for internal meetings only. Given that we are all stuck working from home for the foreseeable future I think it would benefit everyone to be able to link up with everyone they need to chat with.

Mara
    Marketing Director

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. **In-Text Reply Feature** for the WebApp and DesktopApp, just like the AndroidApp

When using chat and group-chat on the Teams AndroidApp, there is a reply feature that comes up when you long-press a chat (similar to how it happens in WhatsApp). Please add this feature to the WebApp and DesktopApp; everyone wants this feature.

WhatApp's WebApp and DesktopApp already have this, so that proves that it can be done.

Why can't the Teams WebApp and DesktopApp have this feature come up when we click on the three-dots(...) present on a chat?

Add it Microsoft! Thanks <3

Kshitij Kumar
    (user of Microsoft products and services since he was 7 years old)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I Have Multiple Teams Accounts and Need to View Them Simultaneously

My university has recently migrated to Teams, and my job has as well. I am unable to access both accounts at the same time, making it really hard to effectively monitor my school and career work simultaneously. I can see on similar posts that this was being worked on, but that was three months ago. Any updates?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My computer does not have a camera or microphone. Can I simply plug the phone in (usb) as a mic and camera

My computer does not have a camera or microphone. Can I simply plug the phone in (usb) as a mic and camera?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keep it extremely simple like Whatsapp or even better like Wechat please!

The Team window takes a very large screen space; unlike other office communication tools that can be reduced to a size like iPhone instant message.

Very cumbersome application. Please help to keep it simple like a true messenger.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow channels to be grouped at a user level

I have loads of channels as I work for a large company and touch lots of products and departments. I am
    Regularly added to channels related to similar areas and would like to be able to group my channels so that I can organise them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add Microsot To Do as an app in Teams

Please add the ability to add Microsoft To Do as an app integration within Teams, the same way you can now do for Planner. It would be great to be able to see all my tasks within Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shift Login Worktime in Desktop App

Login and Logout for Work-Time current only available mobile. Please make it possible directly in the DesktopApp

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to Pin "Saved" to the navigation on the left.

Similarly mentioned under the "User customizable left navigation" post. But, I'm more specifically asking about "Saved". Under the new admin portal, 'Saved' shows up as an actual app. It allows me, as an admin, to pin that app to the left for all users. Where it should be to begin with...

The problem is, it never loads up on the navigation bar...

PLEASE allow for Saved to be pinned to the left. Its such a basic request and that feature is core to larger organizations that span hundreds of teams and need to use this as a sort of quick…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a button in the Teams App to create a meeting instead of initiating a meeting in Outlook

Add a button in the Teams App to create a meeting instead of initiating a meeting in Outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatically close file in Teams Viewer if choosing to open in desktop or online application

We had a situation where a user had a MS Word file open simultaneously in the Teams Viewer and the desktop version of Word. It seems Teams and Word couldn't reconcile changes and it wreaked havoc on the file while others were also editing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a "CLEAN EVERYTHING" button

Add a "CLEAN EVERYTHING" button to the app, since it is very difficult to focus on what's new and forget about what's old. I am certain this would be a very popular feature. Some people are OK with keeping everything, but many people are not OK with it. It is like having a messy house versus a clean one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Forward directly into WebApp

All the time when I try to sign-in into the WebApp (via https://teams.microsoft.com/) in private mode I have to confirm that I want to use the WebApp.
    I need a way to force directly into this without any confirmation for e.g. with a url parameter.
    This is necessary for public computers with multiple users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Group privileges for Teams/Channels

Need the ability to add AD synced distribution lists or even O365 groups as members/owners in Teams. The memberships need to update when group membership changes so as users come/go they are auto joined to certain teams or removed based on group membership rather than relying on team owners to constantly update users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PLEASE PROVIDE "MESSAGE FORWARDING OPTION" in TEAMS APP

At present , users are struggling to forward a "image message" , they are downloading and again search -upload the same file to send it to another user.For text messages , they are copying and pasting but it is not the same for picture messages.

Suggestions:

1) while hovering over the message , the last icon after the smileys "..."
    2) when clicking on this icon "message forwarding option should appear".
    3) This is very useful for millions of users , I have been expecting this on your next update.
    4) I have not checked it for mobile . If…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ctrl+J should open Files so you can see the file that was downloaded

Ctrl+J is used in all major browsers to open the list of downloaded files. When you click a link/file in teams that results in a download, it is instinct to hit Ctrl+J to get to the file download list. Please add this shortcut key to flip to the either Recents or Downloads page of the Files rail app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Default Screen

I would like the option for my chats tab to show my contacts at all times (maybe a separate contacts tab) so I can see who is online. I also don't like how it defaults to leaving my last conversation in view. I would like conversations to be opened in new windows or tabs so if teams is up an entire conversation is not the default view.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiseat gaming/multimedia under one account/PC

like as MS MultiPoint, ibik ASTER, SoftXpand

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)