Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. support one-2-one calling in the Chrome version of Teams

I use the browser version for Teams for everything, except for one thing.
    This is very annoying as I have to start the Desktop version for this single thing only.

What is it ?

One-2-One calls isn't supported, see attached message.

(p.s. the message is also wrong, as I'm using Chrome already and it tells me to use Chrome)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. From today, teams doesn't allow me to type Japanese and it disturbs my work critically. Could you please help me to solve this?

I'm Japanese. From today suddenly, desktop teams doesn't allow me to type Japanese and it disturbs my work critically. Could you please help me to solve this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please Sir

teams chat history always missing and how can i store chat history. Please Sir

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable UI Customization

My Outlook Contacts File includes many business, so there are no first/last names included in the record. Consequently, when I click the Contacts button in Teams I get a long list of phone numbers that are meaningless because you're defaulting to a presentation of name and title. Let *US* choose what columns to present and how to organize these panels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. consolidated view

Need to get Consolidated view, like StaffHub used to have. For example, we use this for time off requests. If we have 20 employees, but only 3 are off a given week, we would like to have a view where only the 3 that are off would display. No need to display empty calendar entries that are not scheduled.

If there is nothing scheduled, then hide that name from the view. Like StaffHub used to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add an option box for channel e-mail creation and properties

When you create a teams channel, an e-mail is automatically created for it.

But for some channels there may not be the need to have an e-mail address and for some other channels, there may be the need to change the e-mail properties.

Currently (Apr. 2019) if you want to remove an e-mail address for a channel or if you want to modify the e-mail properties for a channel, you can do it only after the creation of the channel.

A useful feature should be to add an option box during the channel creation to choose either to create or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need to be able to make the teams window whatever size you want it to be.

Would like to be able to make the teams window narrower, like you can with skype you can make it as big or small as you want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Repeated crashes of desktop client during startup without any error feedback. Thus cannot solve. Will NOT recommend this to anyone.

I cannot imagine all this crashing (also reported quite frequently during original launch) is actually caused by something very serious. I get the impression that an error is not properly ignored dragging down with it the entire epplication.
    Idea is to refactor the error handling inside the application to only exit on serious errors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow disabling of spell checker

Allow disabling of spell checker

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. this programm is a complete **** - please go back to skype for business - that's better

i can change nothing in the overview - i can't reduce the sice only to the overview of the members of the chat -- thats not good.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change status when holding cursor over Teams icon in task bar

At one point, I could put my cursor over the Teams icon and from there change my status from away to... in one click. But, I usually have to open Teams and then do several more clicks to change my status.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Consolidated Dash boars

Make a conslidated dashboard from each teams created

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. non-default ringtone selection does not stick - Desktop

In the Settings you can (it would seem) select a different ringtone for incoming calls. I have done this numerous times, and it always reverts back to Default.
    You can set a new ringtone, close settings, open settings, and it is back to Default. It doesn't stick at all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chat entries on the go!

When typing out a message then locking the PC before sending. Sync the text to phone so you can finish edit and send.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tag/Untag RMB and Settings and Visual Indicator of Change

Currently:
    - You can RMB and click "Notify When User Available"
    - In Settings you can persistently Tag a user for a Change In Status for Available or Offline

First Issue: There is no visual indicator by the user's name in Recent or Contacts that the user is tagged for status change. This needs to be "fixed" as you may have tagged someone "this morning" or "yesterday" and it no longer is important.

Assuming the verbiage is literal, here are some other issues and usability considerations:
    - Tagging a user is an On-Demand type of feature. Burying it under Setting/Notification/bottom…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Chatting would be easier to read if my answers appeared just under the other persons and not jogged over to the right.

Maybe you could give people the option to have it appear as it is now or more left justified like when you’re writing a document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Simple client

You should release a simple Client for customers that are only using this feature for videoconferencing/Meetings
    I personaly think that the Teams Client is to complicated for the average user to use in general.
    Also had a lot of issues With tenants that have been upgraded and have misses Meetings With external customers due to the fact that they are not able to contact external Clients in S4B.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Нет оповещений

Нет оповищения об новых сообщениях. Пока не зайдешь в приложения, не видно сообщений.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.